It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I smoke, stop telling me it will kill me!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Okay I have had it!

I'm used to people telling me that "oh no! smoking is going to kill you!"
but this just crosses the line.

I'm sitting outside my local mall enjoying a smoke and this blond bimbo walks upto me, scoffs then proceeds to rip my cigarette from my HAND, throw it on the ground then start telling me that IM ENDANGERING HER HEALTH!!!

You know what: screw you lady. If I want to get some extra tar in my lungs it's my decision. Don't you come upto me and remove MY cig from MY HAND and then yell at me about second hand smoke!

You wanna know what I did? I pulled out another smoke, lit it up, blew the smoke in her face and then told her to give me a quarter because smoking is an expensive way to kill myself.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
OK..smoking WON'T kill you.
It's the lung cancer and chemotherapy that WILL.
Happy?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I love you, you sexy sexy avatar.
Wanna get a room and fill our lungs with tar and carbon monoxide?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

I love you, you sexy sexy avatar.
Wanna get a room and fill our lungs with tar and carbon monoxide?

Sorry honey..I quit many years ago. You can chain smoke for the two of us ok?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Damn forgot about this tentacle in my mouth! :shk:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
ITS ALCOHOL THAT KILLS!!!!!

I agree, let me smoke in peace without making me feel like a leper.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Well, smoking is pretty bad for you.

But the woman who literally RIPPED the cig from your mouth....well, that's pathetic.
I mean...who acts like that?

She was either having a bad day and you bore the brunt of it.... or she is mental.

Not sure which

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

From the way she was dressed you'd think she would be more afraid of some guy trying rape her than me smoking near her. when I say blond bimbo, I mean that.

her skirt was pretty much just a piece of fabric around her waist, god only knows what shows when she bends over.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hell, I don't smoke but I fully understand your frustration. Life is short. We breathe in lots of other chemicals every day. Who knows how many more are harmful? Smoking is nothing.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Are you for real? I can't believe she ripped it out of your hand!! Oh wait, yes I can... That is just crazy. It is not her problem or her business what you do. I like to say hello to people I pass, but I guess maybe the woman was looking for a butt kicking??

I had an issue too, a woman did something similar to me inside of Motherhood at our mall here in TX. I was buying some clothes and I was sipping on a soda. Ok, so I know soda's are bad for pregnancy, but I was nauseated and depressed and my Mom got me a small fountain soda from the cookie shop. This woman took it from me and threw it away and told me the caffeine in the soda was killing my baby. I just sat and cried in the fitting room. People can be so irritating, rude, and INTRUSIVE!!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I'm sitting outside my local mall enjoying a smoke and this blond bimbo walks upto me, scoffs then proceeds to rip my cigarette from my HAND, throw it on the ground then start telling me that IM ENDANGERING HER HEALTH!!!

Definitely over the line...(and the law)

Personally, a response may have been, "not before you die of VD dressed like that honey..."

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Good on you---------I'd have done exactly the same.I'ts pathetic this witch hunt against smokers .There is not ONE proven case of passive smoking killing non-smokers.So why does government want smoking stopped so badly? Got to be an agenda here somewhere.ALCOHOL KILLS,CAR FUMES KILL ,OBESITY KILLS----the list goes on.I am sick of being dictated to.
I love smoking but I'm going to have to quit cos of the cost, which really sucks.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Smoking is a huge cost (in health care)...hence the effort to stop it.

I don't smoke, and never have, but I'll support people's right to do so if they choose.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You sure you didn't blow your smoke in her face in the first place, and that made her angry?

Maybe she just found out she was pregnant lol.

Or maybe her father died of lung cancer.

Could be many reasons for her to switch like that.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

If you smoke, that is your right. I never smoked, and it never bothered me if someone wanted to smoke. Some of my foster kids smoked, and that was okay as long as they did it outside the house (they were very mindful of that rule, as I could smell it if they smoked inside).

I find the anti-smoking crusade as bad as the anti-meat crusade. I enjoy eating a hamburger or hotdog, and hate it when I am told how bad they are for me.

Let people enjoy their vices, as long as they do not interfere with others.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

.There is not ONE proven case of passive smoking killing non-smokers.

Waitress who never smoked' dies of lung cancer

toronto.ctv.ca...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thats ridiuculous I dont know how you kept back from kicking her in the face. I woulda completely lost it if someone did something like that to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
Thats ridiuculous I dont know how you kept back from kicking her in the face. I woulda completely lost it if someone did something like that to me.

Haha he's lucky he didn't, if somebody saw him beat her up, I'm sure people wont like it! Especially men who want to protect a pretty girl haha.

p.s is that you in your avatar? You have a nice nose, mouth and eyes.

LOL I sound weird :shk:

[edit on 18-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I will not tell you smoking will kill you but I will tell you it was killing me.

I quit smoking 12/31/08. At least once a day I feel like I could smoke one as big as a tree.

My family and friends think I Will start smoking again so there is no way I'm going to start again.

In just two and a half months my health has improved noticeably. But, since I didn't quit until I was 61 my doctor tells me I will probably need oxygen 24/7 soon as I have severely damaged my lungs.

I feel very ignorant when I think about how I have smoked and ruined my health and was totally aware of what it was doing to my body. Smoking is the most ignorant thing I have done in all my 62 years of life.

You go ahead and keep smoking. It is your right. Maybe you are different. Could be you are immune to the long term effect of smoking. I truly hope you are. I would not want you or anyone else to be in the condition I'm in.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Smoking some stuff is good for the soul, smoking other stuff; not so much.

At least you don't have a big old chaw or dip and spit on peoples shoes like some people I know.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join