It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans - How are we natural?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skinon

theres obviously got sorted and they became a succesfull race, whereas ours have reached the point where we may have gone too far down the path of violence and racism, but who knows maybe we can pull it all back into shape?

Why does everyone always assume that an "intelligent" advanced race would be peaceful? Most technology is created to wage war and dominate. I would think the most dominant races would have took to the stars, to further the human equivalent of "manifest destiny".

[edit on 3/26/2009 by degenerate oto]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
reply to post by Skinon

So you think our ancestors were dropped here on earth by a passing spaceship. Like a bad person would dump a litter of kittens in a dumpster?

How did you come to that conclusion? If you read and understood the post you would realise how complicated it would be, a civilised extremely intelligent race deciding to conduct an experiment that would last many of their generations and probably provide insight to a living evolutionary system much like us reviving the early dinosaur and watch them evolve into birds... Yea much like dumping kittens into a dumpster.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
We completed most of our evolution to current day humans in Africa and then travelled after we had learnt the abilities to adapt to different environments. The reasons nature allowed creatures like us to evolve are many.

We evolved to hang around in trees to avoid predators, we evolved communication to form safe groups and to plan scavenging missions. There's a lot of scavengers on the sahara far more formiddable than man.

We then started hunting and required more detailed communication and tools. Then we travelled and learnt different abilities to shelter ourselves from the elements.

The idea that the different races are so different that they couldn't be from the same point is laughable, whilst I hate the saying "there's only 1 race the human race" (How far would the feminist movement have gone if there motto was "There's only 1 sex the human sex" rather than embracing the differences) The differences are minor and you can see the progression.

Our belief of physical gods which have come from the skies to guide and control us is probably the most valid reason to think there has been some alien interference.

I highly doubt that they are watching us constantly, and I'm sure the vast majority of UFO's are man made. I have a lot of conflicting views on the matter. I believe there is a great deal of significance in the year 10,500BC tho.

The best theory I've heard as to the reasons behind seeding intelligent life on other planets is philosophy. Perhaps these aliens believe if there is no one to witness the universe it would cease to exist. As every species will become extinct eventually they need to put their eggs in as many baskets as possible.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

Really, I don't think we are that much ahead of other animals.
My theory is that language is by far the most important factor in our intelligence. I would say communication, but that doesn't cut it. Many animals can communicate in one way or another, but we have languages which help us form theories and ideas.

Have you ever tried to think without using any words?
I've tried it for about 10 minutes (that's all I could stand), instead of saying "I want to do this tomorrow", I would just picture it in a fraction of a second. What happened is that I couldn't really control what I was thinking about, and there was no real order to it.
Without language, we would be animals.
We would have no order, we would not have ideas as we have them now, we could not form theories or observations about our world beyond the first step. Language allows us to go past that.

We must have needed to communicate on a deeper level to survive. Which makes sense, given our societal nature.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join