It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identifying and noting assets in your area

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by colec156

More to the point, not all locations are on Google Earth, period. Somewhere on this site is a download file for google earth showing some "hidden" locations in U.K.

This might help prevent you "accidentally" walking into something that doesn't appear on the maps.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal
More to the point, not all locations are on Google Earth, period. Somewhere on this site is a download file for google earth showing some "hidden" locations in U.K.

This might help prevent you "accidentally" walking into something that doesn't appear on the maps.

The OS map phrase that I've seen crop up is 'Works'.

Usually an ambiguous term for a military/security-sensitive site that getting too close too may get you unwanted attention

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
While getting to know your environment and your surroundings is a great idea, I fail to see how mapping locations where survival type items are.

Should your sit-x be something like Katrina and you start to scavange your selected areas, you will be seen as a looter and soon their after arrested. Not what I consider self sustained survival.

Should it be a TEOTWAWKI, all of the places on your map are sure to be over run with others who didnt take the time to plan ahead and are hell bent on getting whatever they can for their own survival and barter.

An unprepared person is likely to sit at a place where there is value, say a coal mine, defend it well and trade his stolen property for things they cant get. Another will take over a department store, another the station that has all of the propane.

Yes, it is good to know what is around you. But better yet is to know and understand what you can do without the need to scavange and battle with the masses should it come to that. Away from the people is just that, away from them and all of the man made things that civilization has to offer. I would rather be in the woods figuring out how to make it on my own than competing with the masses over the cupcake factory.

<< 1   >>

join