It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Cat told me from the other side of the Planet it was dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
hi there,

i would like to share my true story of what happened to me after I left Scotland to live in New Zealand in late 2004.

I left behind my cat whom i had grown up with since i was a little boy. My cat was about 24yrs old and definatley a part of our family. I always felt though she had more of a connection with me as i am a cat person.

So i was in New Zealand for a few weeks, when one night I went to bed and woke up for no reason about 1.30am. There was a full moon that night and the moonlight was very bright shining through my window.

it was casting a shadow off my curtains which shon upon my bedroom door. It was my cat!!! as soon as i saw the shadow i just knew it was my cat. same shape same size, and that gut feeling it was her.

Anyway, i thought to myself, awesome, she is saying hello!!! i went back to sleep after this and i dreamt of my cat. she was at the vets getting an injection.

I then woke up at 7am and picked up my cellphone. i had a text message from my brother in Scotland, saying my cat had been taken to the vets the day before and been put down due to poor health.

I doubt i will ever forget this story and it goes to prove that animals certainly have some kind of afterlife as well.

a very special story for me and im glad i can share it with this site.

G

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
hmmm, interesting.

I have heard stories before of people sensing the death of loved ones.

I am trying to recall specifics. There was a TV show on once that talked about it years ago.

I can recall one story vaguely. There was some woman, and her son was on the other side of the country. All of a sudden she went nuts screaming HE DIED HE DIED. OH GOD HE IS DEAD etc...

Aparently he had been declared dead at the exact same time she did that.

I dont know. Just interesting.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
When I was 9 I had a dream my mom came and told me that she was dying now. We talked what seemed like a long time, and I felt ok with it.

I was living with my dad at the time. Although she was in the hospital I was an idiot; I honestly thought she went there to get better and she'd be back eventually. They knew she was terminal but nobody wanted to tell me I guess. Anyway but nothing was said that day or the next so I thought well... it was just a dream. The next night my dad took me up on the hill and told me that my mother had died the morning before. Turned out right around when I woke up from the dream.

I wasn't surprised at all. I felt kind of okay about it for some reason, as if the dream in the back of my head was closer all the sudden. I cried because dad did and it seemed like I should.

Over the years involved with psi work I've met a lot of people who are not much believers in psi in general -- and yet, they will tell you that one night when they were 28 they woke up suddenly and knew that their grandmother (half a planet away) was dead (and they hadn't even known she was ill or ill enough to die), and later found out she'd died right at that moment.

There does seem to be a common experience of that.

Cool story about the cat. I think cats are highly sentient and get moreso from human companionship; a 24 year old cat would be really damn 'aware'.

PJ

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I had a cat named Spinx that used to preview my girlfriends. If she had nothing to do with them, then I would break it off as quickly as possible. She was a very good judge of character.

She had a limited vocabulary of meows that sounded like actual words and would use them appropriately. After I moved out, she always knew when I was coming to visit and would pace and stare out the window until I arrived. She would do this even when I did not call ahead.

When her time came, she held on long enough for me to be there when she died. She had stopped blinking a couple of hours before I got there. It was heart wrenching but she had a few things to say before she went.

I have two cats now that hate to be away from me for very long. I am not nearly as close to them as I was with Spinx. But I would like to believe that she is still around waiting for me when it is my time to go. Because every now and then, these cats will act like there is something around and they will meow at it. And follow it around like it is moving.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Does indeed show that cats have an afterlife. Your cat must have loved you lots to come and see you.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I have done some reading into psychic animals in the past at a time I was certain my cat was psychic.

Apparently the cat is one of the most psychic animals around (maybe this is why the Egyptians worshiped them?)

My cat was able to read my mind and change it's behaviour accordingly to what was going on in my mind.

I know for certain that humans have this connection - the connection between family members is the strongest. Like twins, or a mother and her child.

At time in my life I have had traumatic experiences, and without telling anyone she has sent me an SMS that says "are you okay, is everything alright?" and then later tells me that she had some sort of brain wave or gut feeling about me just at that moment.

There is something that connects us that we have yet learn to measure.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Cool story man. I think the connection with a pet can be just as deep as a connection with a beloved human. And if you couldn't tell from my avatar, I happen to be a cat lover too

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I had a simular thing with my child hood dog, Waifer. She was a lovely mixed bread dog. And I remember I once had a dream, when we first got her. That I was on a wooden boat jetty, and someone shot her. I saved her in this dream, this was when we firt had her. Then, years later, I'd left home and she was living at my mothers in London, when I had the same dream again, only this time I couldn't save her. I knew as soon as I woke up that i'd hear from my mum to tell me the news that day. And sure enough, I did.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I woke up one night, with my dog, on my bed.
I had him put to sleep 2 years ago because he couldn't walk and had no quality of life.
He was 98 in dog years.
He was bouncing around and being silly.
I said wtf you doing here man?
And I woke up.
Dreams are crazy.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
It is more then obvious that something is at play here, the question is what that something is.

My mother constantly tells this story (seems to forget she's told it before) about how after a few years in after she came to live in the states she had layed down on her right side facing the wall to sleep one night and as she began to doze off her step mother (which raised her and loved her as her own) whispered in her ear my motheres name. My mother sat up immediately since she was not yet asleep and pondered "what the hell is going on" and checked the entire house for her mother since the voice was so clear it could have only been real.

She states that after she realized she couldn't explain it she layed back down and started to think about what just occured, she says that this time she was not even dozing off since she was wondering about how clear and recognizable her mothers voice was when this time in her left ear since she layed opposite to which she was before, heard her mother again clearly whisper her name in her ear. She immediately sprung up and said "My mother, something has happened to my mother" and proceeded to try and contact one of her sisters in her country, the lines were busy all night and she couldn't get through. Since in those times telegrams were expensive they liked to keep it short ( I think they charged per word or something). In the morning she receives a telegram saying "Mothers dead, mourned her last night". She couldn't begin to since she had already started after clearly hearing her voice and knowing something had happened to her.

She finally gets through and asks why she wasn't called as soon as she died and was answered "We feared you'd board a plane and head out here" (it would have been a bad idea with her situation). Well to make a long story longer, she says that her mother must have been confused to see her favorite daughter not present at her grieving nor informed of her death and took it upon herself to inform her half a world away...

I love being able to explain things and I have been able to perfectly for quite some time now, but it is things like this that leave wondering if there is more and if there is, how much more? where? and how?

I would love for this thread to make an attempt to try and explain these events, both scientificly and supernaturaly and hopefully we can come to a better understanding to that side that seems to be at play, yet ignored and not seen.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, for me this is a common occurrence even in normal life too not just death, but mind reading from different parts of the world, also had similar experience with my cat, and a dead relative, there is something to it all just not sure how to control it.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
great replies, its good to hear other stories of this nature.

i wonder if the recently deceased are in there next place or are they just in between??? imagine if we knew this answer!!

new topics

top topics

join