It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide: Karma's 'Reset' Button?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Admitting fear will only perpetuate your obsession and intrigue. Compartmentalize this subject matter and eventually it will be gone, as it should. Always remember deeply, the more think of a thought the heavier that thought gets. Don't try to quantify purpose behind escape. Change is the only form of growth, and suicide is the anti-change.

Analyze why people get tunnel vision on one chapter of their lives and let it drive them to suicide when all they had to do was shake it off and turn the page.

The devil is in the details is cliche for a reason.

I do appreciate your curiosity in the subject, but your approach should remain at an arm lengths. Nothing good shall come from the answers you seek if you are not strong mentally.

AAC

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My apologies for ignoring this thread for so long. My mind has changed since I started it, which is to say I see things a little differently. Not much, but every little bit counts

Maybe I can offer some insight into how it has changed.

Originally posted by teklordz
I cannot transpose my experiences to others for it would become a philosophy.

Thank you and I understand. I also share similar experiences so my understanding goes beyond words which is why I was most curious. It isn't a thought or experience I've known anyone else to share.

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Admitting fear will only perpetuate your obsession and intrigue. Compartmentalize this subject matter and eventually it will be gone, as it should.

If I put a shoe in a box, does the shoe disappear? Does it disappear once I forget where I put the box? No. The shoe still exists, waiting to be found again. To "ignore" fear, to deny it even exists, is the same to me as denying the armies are advancing because they can't yet be seen.

To conquer fear, fear must be experienced. In doing so the mind learns appropriate mechanisms, or relearns them depending on circumstances, to actually cope with fear.

Forgeting fear is a contrived ploy symptomatic of a society that fears being afraid as a sign of weakness and ineptitude.

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreationChange is the only form of growth, and suicide is the anti-change.

Death is change. This is without question. The question to me was, is defining the course of change the best course. Though more specifically to my circumstances was the concern that I would be unable to define my course. Because I have reason to believe that apply only to me personally that certain elements of my life a most definitely pre-destined.

The real question then becomes, how much control do I really have? Rather than disregard the fear the question can generate, I learned to stop asking the question.

Since starting this thread some things have changed, but only my mind. Circumstances can be irrelevant if there is a willingness to demonstrate emotional control. Or in my case, a release of control.

Fear is based on situations we can't control. In my life, my recent trials in control have stemmed from emotion, the most turbulent area of my existence. By releasing the idea that I can demonstrate control over the emotional tides of another ("If I do this, they will like me, love me, hate me, etc").

This is something I'm still actively working on.

Directly to the idea of suicide; it isn't a course I plan to take. As for have that course chosen for me, I also see this differently. To explain would take a lot of time and words. And I'm already too wordy

Suffice it to say for the moment that I see it as an individual decision that each much face on their own, ultimately. It can be seen a desperate or forsaking by those who remain with the hurt of loss. But for those in its depths, we can't always know their minds.

But I do know this: Death is not by far the worst thing we face in life.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think this may find some relevance considering some recent posts. I still don't see suicide as the course of action my life should take and I'm happy to say I've left such thoughts behind.

Namaste
Traveler in the Dark

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I come from a very spiritual background and I believe we are here to learn from past mistakes so I agree with your point of view that we kind of "reset" if we were ever to commit suicide.

Only after we have learnt from this world can we progress to the next spiritual plane.

We have very little memory of our "spiritual" life that we believe that the here and now is everything but on a deeper spiritual level we have "chosen" the life that we are in to learn and develop.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I believe that the human experience of fear is due to our lack of connection to our spiritual bodies, and to those that realise the spiritual body is itself impermanant, the choice to be ambivalent towards ones existence or nonexistence being the key to enlightenment and acceptance, and the willingness to not exist at all being the key to God.

I once encountered such a being - all the pain and guilt, he told me, he willingly fell into the darkness, even after he had physically died and entered the afterlife - "Why do I exist at all" being the hollow scream as he fell into the abyss - he was a military type, bound to honour, betrayed and still in a state of denial that he deserved his punishment.

The paradox - he became immortal upon realisation of absolute selflessness.
edit on 8-8-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join