It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invasion of privacy in Dallas. Is this legal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The only annual inspections that the City would be doing is code violations.

My 2 cents....
The apartment you live in was a bit on the old and run down side a little while back. The complex had an enormous amount of code and safety violations. In order to save the property from condemnation, they were forced to fix the violations and are now subject to annual inspections for a few years to see if the violations will happen again.

Edit: yes this is completely legal and mandatory. They are not inspecting your personal belongings, just the building's structural integrity and fire hazards.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Sliick]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yes, they can legally do this. My suggestion is to hide your "contraband" so that they don't take it for their own recreational use. That's what happened to me when I was in college...they blatantly took more than half my stash.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Unless they have a search warrant they have no right to enter your apartment. Stand your ground.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Shirley Jackson, if I remember right, great short story. I can understand the need to inspect large apartment complexes, but I always thought such inspections were done through the Fire Marshall's office and on the request of the renters, of course I live in the country not in a big city though. I'd be pretty pissed off if my house was inspected while I wasn't there.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
most rental conttract like that have a clause where managment can inspect with appropriate notice.

Although the City may be requiring this, I see the notice is from the appartment manager.

set a few mouse traps or a loud alarm system that has a remote battery power source and inaccesiblr speakers/horns.

Leave a note that you have installed security measures against home invasion, so to be careful. end with something like; sorry if this causes any inconvienence.

Of course, I'm kidding. Just set up some closed circuit cameras with video to insure they aren't kleptos.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join