It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geithner: AIG Will Repay Taxpayers for Bonuses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Geithner: AIG Will Repay Taxpayers for Bonuses

www.foxnews.com

The Treasury Department will order embattled insurance giant American International Group Inc. to repay U.S. taxpayers up to $165 million that the company is giving employees as bonuses, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said late Tuesday.

Acknowledging "considerable outrage" about the bonus payments, Geithner said AIG will pay the Treasury an amount equal to the payments, and the Treasury will deduct that amount from the $30 billion in government assistance that will soon go to the company.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Ha, this is pennies compared to the amount we have given them. AIG you have been voted the worst company on the consumerist.com site.

"This situation dramatically underscores the need to adopt, as a critical part of financial regulatory reform, an expanded 'resolution authority' for the government to better deal with situations like this," Geithner says in his letter.

I just wonder why we just gave out money without checking more into the situation. Like, if I get a house they want to know everything about my finances.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Glenn Beck told it right. This is a diversion away from the 60+ billion of the money given to them that went overseas.

This is sad as hell, but all I can do is laugh....especially at people who follow this blatant misdirection.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
They are going to deduct it from the $30 billion they are going to give them soon.

That is hilarious. Timmy Geithner struck again. He is so smart and competent. WOW, My faith in government has been totally restored.

This is such a joke. I guess it will make the Sheeple happy. Baaaaah!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

Exactly, this will make the populace feel better, while we dish out another $29 BILLION.

I hear billion so much these days, it don't even sound big as it use to.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Does anybody here have any doubt that the Evil Banking & Insurance corporations run our government? It's not like they didn't know what's going on.

The bank vault is wide open and the world criminals are emptying it and running for cover all over the planet.

Who the hell knows what will be left after it's over. We will all suffer, but I'll tell you what I will tell less lies than they do when I don't pay the IRS a dime this year or the next year and every god damn penny I can keep from these criminals is one less wasted.

Lies and deception and you have George Bush's Patriot act to put you away if you complain too loudly.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It really is getting to the point where it is like 30 billion? That is all?

Pretty soon you're talking about real money.

How 'bout this instead of taking 170 million or whatever it was that they paid in bonuses back how about if we make them document where the money is going. Micromanage their business for them.

Better yet just hold the 30 billion that we are going to give them.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Ha, this is pennies compared to the amount we have given them.

Totally. I'm sick of the feigned outrage on the part of senators and representatives. They voted for this # just like they voted for PATRIOT, FISA, and the rest.

Here's change I can believe in: next election, 20% of Americans vote for random 3rd party candidates. 20% of votes "thrown away" = no confidence in the Senate. Ross Perot got 20%...

top topics

join