It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Scientific Facts - The Creator wants you to know.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

Well, I don't believe in organized religion, so the chances of me having a pastor are nil. This thread is meant for believers in a Creator.

Thanks for the input.

God Bless.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

Hey I'm game. Have them quote the texts in their own thread. Maybe a thread about Babylonian Creationism, or Egyptian Creationism? Well, you can always come up with a theory.

I've got it all here in one book called the Bible though.

God Bless.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
So far this makes a lot of sense. But its a dam lot to go through.

There is one thing that bothers me:

1. What did God mean when he said let there be light. Because its not the Sun that is shining.

I have asked this question many times without a answer that would stick.

When i make the equation i think God created perfect vacuum first which would be the heavens. Because that would explain the temperature in space, and maybe the black holes we can observe in space. And the reflection of radiation that we think is from the Big Bang. But that reflection could be a reflection of the energy or matter out side the Vacuum.

Can anybody add something to this.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
reply to post by Horza

Hey I'm game. Have them quote the texts in their own thread. Maybe a thread about Babylonian Creationism, or Egyptian Creationism? Well, you can always come up with a theory.

I've got it all here in one book called the Bible though.

God Bless.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

The point that is being made is that the things that you posted are not "biblical" scientific facts which is you implying that they are exclusive to the bible.

As this knowledge was discovered, by different cultures, independently of each other, it can be safe to say that they are simply ... scientific facts.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I'll get to Horza, in a little while.....
Maybe the "Let there be light" referred to Jeshua, since He is G-d's Chief Creation?
The "Firstborn".
Wordpress

Here’s an interesting point though - the sun was not created until day 4, but God spoke light into being on day 1. What was the source of the light? The Bible doesn’t tell us, but I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest that God himself was the source of the light. A few reasons why I suggest this are as follows:

John is talking about Jesus when he says “In him was life, and the life was the light of men.” (John 1:4). Yes, light may be stricly metaphorical in this case, but the idea that God/Christ might have been a source of literal light is definately worth considering!
Rev. 21:23 says, “And the city [the new Jerusalem] has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the lamb.” (square bracketed information has been added by me)
Perhaps I digress a bit by speculating on the source of the light…but what I’m really trying to get across is the power of God’s Word. I can speak, but to accomplish anything, I have to physically do something or have someone else do something for me. God, in his infinite power/wisdom/love, merely had to speak for creation to take place!!

*note: all Scripture in today’s post has been taken from the ESV translation.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

Who copied from whom?
The Abrahamic faith was traditionally 'VERBAL' for centuries before it was written down.
The Sumerians were simply the oldest culture that shows 'WRITTEN' accounts.
Genesis and Near East Creation Theology

Genesis 1 and “Enuma Elish.” Ever since H. Gunkel’s famous book Sch“pfung und Chaos in Urzeit und Endzeit (1895), scholars have taken it for granted that the Hebrew teh”m in Genesis 1:2 has its mythological background in the ancient Babylonian goddess Tiamat of the “creation” myth “Enuma elish,” in which the storm-god Marduk fights with and wins over the sea dragon Tiamat, establishing the cosmos.[10] I have thoroughly reexamined the problem from a linguistic point of view, and it is now clear that it is phonologically impossible to conclude that teh"m “ocean” was borrowed from Tiamat. The Hebrew teh"m “ocean” together with the Ugaritic thm, the Akkadian tiamtu, the Arabic tihamat, and the Eblaite ti-'...-ma-tum /tiham(a)tum/ is simply a reflection of a common Semitic term *tiham- (1989: 45-52).

While the Hebrew and Akkadian terms refer to the “primeval” water, as Lambert notes, "the watery beginning of Genesis in itself is no evidence of Mesopotamian influence" (Lambert 1965: 293). He also notes that while the horizontal division of the cosmic water in Genesis 1:6-8 has its parallel description in Ee IV 135-V 62, "the case for a battle as a prelude to God’s dividing of the cosmic waters is unproven." In other words, "neither on the Hebrew side nor on the Mesopotamian is there any clear proof that a battle is necessarily tied to the dividing of the waters." So, Genesis 1 and “Enuma elish,” which was composed primarily to exalt Marduk in the pantheon of Babylon,[11] have no direct relation to each other. Not only is the creation by divine fiat in Genesis unique in the ancient Near East, the creation of light as the first creating act appears only in Genesis (Lambert 1980: 71; 1965). Thus the creation in the Genesis story is quite different from the idea of "order out of chaos," though the latter is also often called “creation” (McCarthy 1967).

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

1. What did God mean when he said let there be light. Because its not the Sun that is shining.

When i make the equation i think God created perfect vacuum first which would be the heavens. Because that would explain the temperature in space, and maybe the black holes we can observe in space. And the reflection of radiation that we think is from the Big Bang. But that reflection could be a reflection of the energy or matter out side the Vacuum.

Hey Bro,

I hope I can add something to it for you, I believe "Light" is the "Word", or "Truth" or "Glory" which is also Jesus. Or Jeshua.

I think Clearskies is absolutely right.

This is talking about Jesus:
Joh:1:1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh:1:2: The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh:1:3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh:1:4: In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh:1:5: And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

The light here is Jesus:
Joh:12:46: I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

The Lamb here is Jesus:
Re:21:23: And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

I hope this helps. If you need more clarification feel free to U2U me

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horza
The point that is being made is that the things that you posted are not "biblical" scientific facts which is you implying that they are exclusive to the bible.

As this knowledge was discovered, by different cultures, independently of each other, it can be safe to say that they are simply ... scientific facts.

Yes they are scientific facts, they are also in the bible. Thus they are Biblical scientific facts. There may be proof that other cultures discovered them as well. That doesn't prove that they weren't discovered or verbally handed down earlier than that though.

Hope this helps.

God Bless

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Thought I'd post some Scientific Facts that the Bible somehow knew about before Science discovered them. I'd like your comment!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------

affected only by gravity.

Creation is made of particles,

wasn't the term gravity and particle a relatively new word? i mean is this the exact bible wording because if its paraphrasing well.... then its not really accurate is it?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Yup, it's perfectly accurate. Have you read the verses this refers to? It's very clear within the verses. Of course it didn't use the words Gravity or Particles, it described those words perfectly though.

Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Hey Bro,

I hope I can add something to it for you, I believe "Light" is the "Word", or "Truth" or "Glory" which is also Jesus. Or Jeshua.

I think Clearskies is absolutely right.

This is talking about Jesus:
Joh:1:1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh:1:2: The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh:1:3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh:1:4: In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh:1:5: And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

The light here is Jesus:
Joh:12:46: I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

The Lamb here is Jesus:
Re:21:23: And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

I hope this helps. If you need more clarification feel free to U2U me

Yes i get that part. But if we are to look at it in a scientific and mathematical perspective. What is the word: Let there be light. The word is really Powerful. It has to be something. Jesus won't stick because he was born later on. And Adam wasn't made until God created him from dirt.

Is it a type of energy or a cause ? If so do you have any idea what it could be.

I need to know so i can fit it in. If i am going be able to argue i have to make sense of everything that the Bible tells.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Jesus was created BEFORE his Earthly birth!
Jesus actually made EVERYTHING.
"Let there be light"
Light from the Hebrew Owr;

1) light
a) light of day
b) light of heavenly luminaries (moon, sun, stars)
c) day-break, dawn, morning light
d) daylight
e) lightning
f) light of lamp
g) light of life
h) light of prosperity
i) light of instruction
j) light of face (fig.)
k) Jehovah as Israel's light

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by spy66

Jesus was created BEFORE his Earthly birth!
Jesus actually made EVERYTHING.
"Let there be light"
Light from the Hebrew Owr;

1) light
a) light of day
b) light of heavenly luminaries (moon, sun, stars)
c) day-break, dawn, morning light
d) daylight
e) lightning
f) light of lamp
g) light of life
h) light of prosperity
i) light of instruction
j) light of face (fig.)
k) Jehovah as Israel's light

Ok so God created heavens first then Earth,then created Jesus as the light (source): Let there be light!

Then Jesus did the 6 day creations of life on earth! And not God?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Jesus is god.

John 10:25-39

If You are the Christ, tell us plainly." Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father’s name, these bear witness of Me. "But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep. "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand. "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. "I and the Father are one." The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God." Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’? "If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? "If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father." Therefore they were seeking again to seize Him, and He eluded their grasp.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by dnaobs]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Awesome read, I didn't know this but it does make a lot of sense.

Thank you for sharing, the more I read these things the bigger smile I get.
It all just seems to be there lol

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Would it not be fair and balanced to list some of the absurdities as well?

www.infidels.org...
skepticsannotatedbible.com...
www.biblicalnonsense.com...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I see no wonder here.

I see a group of men that had a tool and a weapon that used to enslave and control those around them.

Knowledge was a forbidden that they have preached and have kept to themselves from before the time of Adam and Eve.

I wrote about this same concept just a while ago.

Knowledge of the Earth and everything within the heavens is no secret and the only wonder is why we have allowed ourselves to be duped for so long.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I hope this does not sound like I am putting your thread down because I think it is very interesting. I just wanted to point out that you are making interpretations.

I am not really sure it is fair to use an interpretation in place of scientific fact.

I mean it SOUNDS cool! I would like to THINK that there was some greater intelligence attempting to make sound communication with ancient man!

Interpretation is just WAY to open for debate. And the lines you are quoting even THOSE were translated from something else that could have in turn been interpreted.

So an interpretation of an interpretation does NOT equal scientific fact.

The headline is slightly misleading.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers

I mean it SOUNDS cool! I would like to THINK that there was some greater intelligence attempting to make sound communication with ancient man!

Either you don't mean that statement or the irony between your post and your sig is more than just coincidence.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horza
the bible is guilty of plagiarism.
[edit on 18/3/09 by Horza]

You, me and the Babylonians know that.

The story of Moses' birth? Don't make me laugh! Unless Moses was actually an ancient Akkadian conqueror called Sargon, then maybe, but since he isn't:

Haw haw haw!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join