It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbed: Land Of Confusion Video.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i havent seen this video in a while but came across it while surfing youtube and forgot how good of a video it was. did a quick search on ats and didnt see a dedicated thread on this video so i figured id share with my fellow ats members who havent seen it yet.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by middleclasssoldier]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by middleclasssoldier

I had to post the original...i remember when i was kid...used to love this video..although when i watch it now it is a bit freaky.

Both versions of the song are good though.

Here's the lyrics as well...which is great by itself.

I mustve dreamed a thousand dreams
Been haunted by a million screams
But I can hear the marching feet
Theyre moving into the street.

Now did you read the news today
They say the dangers gone away
But I can see the fires still alight
There burning into the night.

Theres too many men
Too many people
Making too many problems
And not much love to go round
Cant you see
This is a land of confusion.

This is the world we live in
And these are the hands were given
Use them and lets start trying
To make it a place worth living in.

Ooh superman where are you now
When everythings gone wrong somehow
The men of steel, the men of power
Are losing control by the hour.

This is the time
This is the place
So we look for the future
But theres not much love to go round
Tell me why, this is a land of confusion.

To make it a place worth living in.

I remember long ago -
Ooh when the sun was shining
Yes and the stars were bright
All through the night
And the sound of your laughter
As I held you tight
So long ago -

I wont be coming home tonight
My generation will put it right
Were not just making promises
That we know, well never keep.

Too many men
Theres too many people
Making too many problems
And not much love to go round
Cant you see
This is a land of confusion.

Now this is the world we live in
To make it a place worth fighting for.

And these are the names were given
Stand up and lets start showing
Just where our lives are going to.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
yes the original is weird and i remember as a kid also.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I like both versions of the song, tho disturbed is my favorite one. I remember the original video when I was a kid...the puppets use to kinda creep me out.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarmonkey

Yeah...the puppets are a bit freaky.

The lyrics of this song seem to define what is happening right now.

How long will it take us to get to this verse?

I wont be coming home tonight
My generation will put it right
Were not just making promises
That we know, well never keep.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
yeah i agree that even though this song is 20+ years old it makes sense in todays times. i think those lyrics with the disturbed video paint a real picture of the stuff going down today. and that ronald regan muppet used to creep me out when i was younger...lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I found this video last night, after watching a rage against the machine video on another ATS thread.
I think Disturbed is awesome.
There are a few bands that are actually trying to wake up the youth. Flobots, Rage against the machine, I think disturbed has a "Music as a weapons tour"
Rage against the machine is really putting there music out there. But it is up to the people listning to actually understand the message.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Personally, I'd love it Phil Collins would read this thread: back in those days, Genesis improvised everything in the studio. Even the lyrics. (Just think of "Tonight Tonight Tonight" and almost everything they did post-Hackett. I hate Genesis post-Hackett, but I like Collins as a person)

With Collins' personality, I think he'd get a kick out of this thread. He'd probably proclaim himself a great seer, just to see how far it would go and how much fun it could be.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by realboogyman
I found this video last night, after watching a rage against the machine video on another ATS thread.
There are a few bands that are actually trying to wake up the youth. Flobots, Rage against the machine, I think disturbed has a "Music as a weapons tour"
Rage against the machine is really putting there music out there. But it is up to the people listning to actually understand the message.

rage against the machine trying to wake up the youth? i like RATM but they see che guervarra as a good person...

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

Originally posted by realboogyman

rage against the machine trying to wake up the youth? i like RATM but they see che guervarra as a good person...

Integral to their identity as a band, Rage Against the Machine voice revolutionary viewpoints highly critical of the domestic and foreign policies of the U.S. government. Throughout its existence, RATM and its individual members participated in political protests and other activism to advocate these beliefs. The band primarily saw its music as a vehicle for social activism; de la Rocha explained that "I'm interested in spreading those ideas through art, because music has the power to cross borders, to break military sieges and to establish real dialogue."[40] Morello said of wage slavery in America:

“ America touts itself as the land of the free, but the number one freedom that you and I have is the freedom to enter into a subservient role in the workplace. Once you exercise this freedom you've lost all control over what you do, what is produced, and how it is produced. And in the end, the product doesn't belong to you. The only way you can avoid bosses and jobs is if you don't care about making a living. Which leads to the second freedom: the freedom to starve. ”
— Tom Morello, Guitar World
I might have used the wrong words. Might not be trying to wake up the youth. But they do put their views of the goverment in their music.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hey guys,

I remember this video; yep the Ronald Regan puppet was the creepiest...now that I'm awake and know wuz really going on, i understand why they used 'puppets' for the video (especially the president)...catch my drft?
Yeah the song is awesome and it's strange how it reads like today's headlines .....

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Butter Cookie]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by middleclasssoldier

Day-im that was a good video!!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Sadly another attempt to wake us up that will go largely unheeded. I mean how many actually try to get the message bands like Disturbed is trying to put out? Most people believe they are just a hard rock band.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
im just watching it again and i think i finally realized that this video is saying exactly what is going on right now. and that is all these nations are being controlled by bankers. the part in the video where the senate gets stromed and whos in the back room? the big fat banker. i swear this video gets better every time i watch it.

top topics

join