It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a Joke that turned into a real post.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hidely hodely kiddily diddlies,

I was going to post this on BTS chit-chat as a gag but the more I thought about it the more it creeped me out.

I did a search and didn't see this mentioned so I thought NWO was a good place.

This may seem silly but just let it sink in.

This only deals with America as I don't know the situation in other countries but...

Out of all the coins in the history of the United States there are two featuring women from our country's history, artists depictions of Lady Peace don't count.

The two women of course are Susan B. Anthony whose dollar was minted from 1979-1981 and then was issued again for the year of 1999.

The second is Sacagawea whose one dollar coin was minted for the year 2000-2001; also minted in 2003-2004 but only for "Proof" sets issued from the mint.

Both coins are incredibly unpopular both in circulation and collection (for the most part).

Most other silver dollars were made much bigger than other coins like the Esenhower, Peace and Morgan dollars.

The ones with real women from our past were closer to quarter size especially the sacagaweas.

So, here's the question. Did the NWO purposely sabatoge these coins during the design period so they would fail in circulation?

The secret message being that women are inferior to men no matter what they do.

1979 was still a time when women were trying to asert themselves at home and the work place, the new millenia was no different.

The old school boys in power trying to send a message?

Women are inferior to men.

I don't want responses on here saying I'm a chauvinist, I'm not, I believe women are equal to men.

This is just a theory.

Hope I didn't sound to corn-fused.

SPiderj

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't necessarily think that that's the case.

In all honesty, I think it's because America is getting progressively stupider. Honestly. How can you confuse a Susan b. for a quarter? Do we even look at our money anymore? Frustrating. Then, they changed it gold, with the sacajawea coin, and that's just a lost cause, because at this point, the average American's cholesterol level is cutting off circulation to their brains (that's how we explain republicans, too, incidentally).

But people are becoming too comfortable in their couch's carefully molded ass-groove, and stopped caring. So things that are new and an improvement go by the wayside, because there's nothing in it for them to care.

America is becoming more and more pathetic, and it's a shame.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

In all honesty, I think it's because America is getting progressively stupider

That was a joke right?

Using the non-existant word "stupider" I mean.

I can see your point, but the susan b. especally when the sides are worn down is about the size of a quarter, I needed laundry money the other day got a ten dollar quarter roll from the bank, inside were of course quarters, an old italian lira and two sacagaweas.

No I didn't complain

SpiderjAnthonygawea

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
That indian gold dollar thingy was enormously advertised....I dont think it was made to fail...that would be just bad business and a waste of money....instead of looking at it negatively....why dont we look and say [email protected] finally woke up a smidget and put an American Indian on our currency....I think its more positive then anything....

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Interesting theory.

Only those two women, to boot.

Well, if one follows the illuminati theories and such, its not too far off base.

The fact that no women were ever featured on any of our currency when it was first minted is well..........strange.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Interesting theory.

Only those two women, to boot.

Well, if one follows the illuminati theories and such, its not too far off base.

The fact that no women were ever featured on any of our currency when it was first minted is well..........strange.

Its not strange....think of who minted our first currency...Wasps....women didnt have any rights back then...so it doesnt make sense....not in todays standards but def. a few hundred years ago....

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
well, i at least know why i dont use the gold dollars. the first one i got i pulled out of circulation, and when i tryed to spend the others i had when buying things at school, the students running the cashier didnt want to take them. they literally closed up the cashier, went in the back room, and asked an adult if they could accept the coin. its F-ing money! so many ppl dont seem to realize it, thats why they are not spent.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Nobody wants to carry around dollars as coins. They're heavy and take up space. People might keep a few as souveneirs, but then they'd go exchange the rest for paper money, which fits nicely in a wallet.

Not to mention the hastle of trying to pick a SBA dollar out of a pocketful of change...

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Nobody wants to carry around dollars as coins. They're heavy and take up space. People might keep a few as souveneirs, but then they'd go exchange the rest for paper money, which fits nicely in a wallet.

Not to mention the hastle of trying to pick a SBA dollar out of a pocketful of change...

I believe they...like the new quarters....are supposed to increase the amount of coin collecters....and no...im not kidding...

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
So, here's the question. Did the NWO purposely sabatoge these coins during the design period so they would fail in circulation?

The secret message being that women are inferior to men no matter what they do.

I don't think so. TPTB already have a gazillion other ways in which to get that point across. Why spend money inventing a coin to do it ?

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
First of all let me say thanks to everybody who responded to this thread, very cool of you.

I don't think so. TPTB already have a gazillion other ways in which to get that point across. Why spend money inventing a coin to do it ?

Now Kayem I'm on the fence just as much as the next person but it's not like they're actually spending money. It's all budgeted, and they get bigger budgets if they produce more coins. The years the US mint does not produce dollar coins their budgets decrease.

Also, money is the one thing all people use every day, from kids to grownups and even the homeless. Everytime you get a Susan B. or a Sacagawea what do you think?

"Ah crap I got one of these things?"

WHen you get a kennedy half?

"Hey cool a kennedy."

It's all psychological.

Basementaddix mentioned he thought the quarters had been minted to spur on collectors and that's true and it has.

The mint is more than capable of designing a coin collecters want and consumers embrace. Collecters don't want the SBAs or the Sacagaweas and neither do consumers.

New Jefferson nickels are about to hit the streets celebrating the Louisianna Purchase. The monticello is gone on the reverse. Two new designs will be issued and the coin geeks are all a buzz. The old coins are being snatched up and new rolls purchased in advance.

This next bit is for Skadi and anybody else who cares:

The indian head/buffalo nickel minted from 1913 to 1938 (I think) is considered one of the quintisential american coins. Whitey did really bad things to the indians and yeesh, lets not even talk about the buffalo and this coin was made before any woman involved in establishing the colonies was given homage.

Not that the Native Americans don't deserve something, a coin seems kind of like a slap in the face though.

"Sorry for the dirty blankets, the crappy land, the alcoholism, rape and slaughter. Put one of ya on a nickel though. We even?"

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
At least you colonials have diffent coins. All we have is Lizzy the lizard on ours.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

At least you colonials have diffent coins. All we have is Lizzy the lizard on ours.

Yes, but you do have much better beer.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj

Yes, but you do have much better beer.

Spiderj

Thats true. The piss-water that masquerades as beer here in Oregon has less alcohol in them than the ever-present rain.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Thats true. The piss-water that masquerades as beer here in Oregon has less alcohol in them than the ever-present rain.

Pretty Pathetic huh.

Australia has the best beer though, plus they have Kangaroos on their money.

That's just fun, Canadians put hockey players on their money that's fun too.

And since we're off topic, wtf is up with my low thread score man, I think this topic has inspired some interesting thought.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by Vegemite]

top topics

join