It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in the sky: Builder on rooftop snaps four

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Looks a little to clean for a ufo photo, and no way to know since the news put it into jpeg format. Could make sense, tho, because infrared would glow white. Try looking at your remote through your ccd camera.

I dunno... just looks a little too good.

yea.. that's what I was thinking. When it looks to good to be true, well.. heh heh..

Still wanting PS folks to run it through their filters.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
If you look just to the right of the crane along the top edge of the picture you'll notice a long white rectangular object. To me this looks like a reflection of a fluorescent light fitting, there is also similar stuff to the top-left of the picture.

It all just looks like reflections from light fittings to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
It is most definately a reflection. Look just above maybe .25 inches on the photo and maybe .25 inches to the right of the clock tower. That my friends is a smudge on glass.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by LeaderOfProgress]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Rectangle clouds or another reflection?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63ecf0879025.jpg[/atsimg]

The image is probably taken behind glass as the clarity of the colours and the resolution of the image is quite poor.

Also there is a rectangluar cloud of which is quite uncommon.

This being the case, the builder is clearly lying as the glass would have been from an existing fitting such as a balcony door/window and he would have known he was inside a building and not on a roof top when taking the picture.

Quite sad really.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
They look to me like those small downlights you get in suspended ceilings.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
Also there is a rectangluar cloud of which is quite uncommon.

Quite sad really.

Yeah, rectangular clouds are so rare these days aren't they, I wonder why you hardly ever see them any more.

I think this is easily one of the most debunkable photographs I've seen in a long time, and its no surprise the original news article was published in a Northcliffe group paper, I think The Sun newspaper has more substance and credibility than anything published by that organisation, and that is saying something.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
If 4 large flying discs went cruising over one of the busiest cities in the world, there would certainly be more than 1 rather dubious photo to record the event

Reflection for sure.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I tend to go with the reflected lights thing. Along with the rectangular cloud, with a little brightness and contrast adjustment you can see where the lights create a bit of a reflection off the ceiling they're probably attached to. That's what I see, anyway.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/7bf7d391f03b20a6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Just an opinion, but there is something odd about the way the clouds look above the highest two "ufos." It looks to me like it is one image that has been pasted in twice. The light above the ufo reflecting on the cloud looks just too similar. The bottom two also look remarkably like one another, but not as definitively.

If I had to guess, I would say that the images have been added to the photo, and at least one of them were added more than once, which of course would mean it was a hoax.

I am not saying that I know for sure, but thats what it looks like to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Thats very possible too. That theory would also explain the remarkable similarity of the objects and the reflected light.

It would also explain the fact that the objects themselves look so two dimensional.

Further Edit, my link did not work so I will just link to the whole page and see if that does.

Exte rnal image

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I've read most of the posts in this thread and I am not saying that the photo is "genuine" or that it is fake (ie light fixtures). I've looked at the photo and even zoomed in and if I look at it long enough I would have to say that they could very well be reflections of hanging light fixtures.
My main reason for replying to this thread is as follows. I have come across UFO sites on the web where people view the sky's through Infra-Red camera lens's and these people feel that some or most UFO's are only viewable in the IR domain.
Have you ever looked into any remote (TV remote etc) and actually saw the IR emitter actually illuminate? Probably not. Well, point that remote at your digital camera and while looking at the LCD on your camera, push a button on the remote and chances are you will see the IR Emitter flashing. Apparently most digital cameras (I have 2 plus my cell phone cam) can view and take pictures in the IR spectrum. This would probably explain why people see things in their photos days or weeks after they took the original photo.
So forget about looking at the sky with your eyes. You should be looking at the sky with your digicam glued to your head.

This is just my thought on this particular picture and maybe applies to many others as well. I am not giving my opinion as to whether or not the "saucers" are real.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join