It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in the sky: Builder on rooftop snaps four

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Lights in the sky: Builder on rooftop snaps four

www.dailymail.co.uk

Mr Burden, from Luton, said the lights are not any kind of reflection, claiming he took the picture outside with no office lights behind him.

He added: 'The picture clearly shows four saucers all the same size. I've shown loads of the guys on the building sites and they're all amazed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Wow!
However, I find it hard to believe this guy didn't see them when he was snapping the photos of the "sights".....
Besides that I find this image quite impressive....

They almost do really resemble a reflection in a window but he claims that the pictures were taken outside.
Any thoughts????

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

Totally a reflection, the crafts are lined up with eachother, one going south the other west, it's obviously a two rows of industrial lights glaring off of the window.

He'd notice and would have took more than 1 picture, come on, how do you not notice those things in the sky, they looked huge.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'll bet they look like light fixtures once we have something to compare them too. Are there any other "saucers" like these?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by awake_awoke

Totally a reflection, the crafts are lined up with eachother, one going south the other west, it's obviously a two rows of industrial lights glaring off of the window.

He'd notice and would have took more than 1 picture, come on, how do you not notice those things in the sky, they looked huge.

~Keeper

A reflection of what exactally?? ! He outside, as you can see by the railing in the picture.

This is pretty astounding IMO! Way to difficult to hoax for the size and the height they are at!! 16 floors up, you do the math!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
I'll bet they look like light fixtures once we have something to compare them too. Are there any other "saucers" like these?

Look at the picture for 5 mins and think how big the light fixture would have to be in order to be as bright as that....plus these are higher than 16 floors but there's a start ~!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Funy at first glance I thought he was looking out a window haha.

It looked like the railing was a inside the window.

Hmm that is very peculiar now that I look at it now. Then again cameras can see alot of things the Human Eye can't.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Its not light reflection on glass.
It doesn't seem very likely CGI after looking at it very closely.
But could it be lightning flashes that the camera picked up quickly but he missed while playing about with the phone?
Lightning sometimes just flashes in the sky in little spots, its not always a huge storm and huge bolts of lightning.
Ive seen it myself, often wondered if it was a meteor hitting the atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

it looks to neat and this is to mane stream...

i smell hoax....

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
Its not light reflection on glass.
It doesn't seem very likely CGI after looking at it very closely.
But could it be lightning flashes that the camera picked up quickly but he missed while playing about with the phone?
Lightning sometimes just flashes in the sky in little spots, its not always a huge storm and huge bolts of lightning.
Ive seen it myself, often wondered if it was a meteor hitting the atmosphere.

the odds of lighting flashing in 4 spots in near circular shape appox same distance from each other at he same time... the odds are EXTREMELY high!

I just looked at the pic in MS paint at 400 & 800 zoom and each 'light' is exactaly the same shape with same intensity

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Look at the picture for 5 mins and think how big the light fixture would have to be in order to be as bright as that....plus these are higher than 16 floors but there's a start ~!!

They just look similar to a supposed UFO photo from the middle east, maybe Saudi Arabia, which has been shown to be inside lights. I can't find the picture but maybe it rings a bell with someone.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
the odds of lighting flashing in 4 spots in near circular shape appox same distance from each other at he same time... the odds are EXTREMELY high!
I just looked at the pic in MS paint at 400 & 800 zoom and each 'light' is exactaly the same shape with same intensity

Yup the odds are high, but not unrealistic.
As you will see, they are different sizes, and have different reflections coming off them.
Kind of like a line through the tops of them.
Im not saying it is definitely lightning, but it is 1 possibility.

They just look similar to a supposed UFO photo from the middle east, maybe Saudi Arabia, which has been shown to be inside lights. I can't find the picture but maybe it rings a bell with someone.

But he is outside, on a balcony.
There is nothing between him and the lights, but air.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by CaptainCaveMan]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
He didn't notice them at the time because it is a digital effect called blooming. The bright sunlight coming through the holes in the clouds overloads the CCD, causing that effect.

www.imaging-resource.com...

(As I posted on this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The only odd thing is that he didn't notice them while he was taking the photo. This is weird because they take up a big portion of the photo.

This suggests that the objects were fast moving.....and as far as I know - no high speed mobile phone cameras exist, the photo would have made the saucers to look like a streak.

Also, when he would have previewed the pics on this cameraphone (everyone does this), he would have surely noticed 4 massive glowing objects in the sky.

2 of the objects look exactly the same as each other and exactly the same size....which is a bit odd since they are supposed to be in different points in space.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I dont think so my friend, your Bloom pics were in direct sunlight

(not recommended) the pic linked by the OP was clearly not on a sunny day , nor would it be in DIRECT sunlight

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
He didn't notice them at the time because it is a digital effect called blooming. The bright sunlight coming through the holes in the clouds overloads the CCD, causing that effect.

www.imaging-resource.com...

(As I posted on this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...)

Hi ya Phage !

ahhh.. well.. how would explain the other 3 objects ? even if it was light, hmmm.. I guess it would have to be 4 suns ?? ???

not sure what your getting at

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
to all,

copy the image in to MS paint and zoom to 400. You'll get a better picture.

For those that are well experienced in Photoshop, it would do us a great service to post your findings.

to reiterate:

4 lights,
~same size (as near as we can tell)
~same intensity
~appox 32 floors from the ground, doubling the height of the person taking the picture (can't come up with dimensions for how high a standard commercial building floor is from floor to ceiling. i'm guessing...16ft/5m(?))

IMO...still unidentified, but not going to rule out PS either.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seany
reply to post by Phage

I dont think so my friend, your Bloom pics were in direct sunlight

(not recommended) the pic linked by the OP was clearly not on a sunny day , nor would it be in DIRECT sunlight

yes good point. I think that what I was trying to say to him as well. Star for ya~!

I don't think there's anything out there that looks wierd or can't be explained by Phage. *grin & a rib*

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Komodo]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Looks a little to clean for a ufo photo, and no way to know since the news put it into jpeg format. Could make sense, tho, because infrared would glow white. Try looking at your remote through your ccd camera.

I dunno... just looks a little too good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join