It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Document Archive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I have a couple docs that i think would be of benefit to the archive but i can't find any tutorial on proper procedure with regard to format (i assume pdf), submission (upload to media center?) or for starters how to conduct a search to determine if the docs already exist in the archive.

...and while i'm at it, what does F.O.I.A stand for?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

Good questions, sorry if I'm useless in regards to the archive stuff... BUT, I can tell you what F.O.I.A. stands for:
Freedom of Information Act.
It allows for release of certain documents held by the gov.
F.O.I.A.
An example would be how authors & investigators procured documents for research and writing pertaining to the JFK assassination. (Of course, many pages had entire sections of paragraphs blacked out.)!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Thank you FRIGHTENER for taking time to reveal the acronym.

Maybe ATS needs a Freedom of Information Act of their own to include in the Policies, so that information about the Document Archive can be readily available.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Say.. speaking of documents and FOIA.. what's happened to the FOIA forum here on ATS?.. it says "restricted" now

Peace

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I checked on a thread in the FOIA document forum (separate from the FOIA Working Forum, which is restricted for reading as well as writing) and the moderator there appears to be JacKatMtn, so you might want to u2u him to ask about the process

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Thank you for the leg work americandingbat.

I will U2U Jack the url of this thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

glad to help

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
2 weeks no word from jack...

are there any Doc Archivists in the house? ...

echoed anyone? anyone? anyone?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I know that The Vagabond and budski have the little document archivist tags in their avy.

If I run across any more I'll share.

Edit: Also Sauron

[edit on 5 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks SD... NovusOrdoMundi and i were U2Uing back and forth yesterday and he offered to look into the details. He also mentioned Jack as the main contact. Based on what he was saying, when a FOIA comes along of interest to the ATS community, a copy is made available via the FOIA Working Forum where only Document Archivists can review and write up synopsis's before it's filed away in the Government Document Archive for general member access and added commentary.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Update:

I received word from JacKatMtn, this is what he had to say about the archive:

...the FOIA forum was dedicated to the Clifford Stone FOIA Document Archives, there was no member provided FOIA docs within the project, and right now the project is on a hiatus due to the focus on other projects that are in the works.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

new topics

top topics

join