It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says Obama 'deserves my silence'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Former President George W. Bush says Obama 'deserves my silence'.
He says he won't criticize new president and he plans to write a book.
Bush says he is going to write a book asking questions of the people to consider what they would do if they had to make decisions as a president about how to protect the people.

Former President George Bush says his book will include the 12 toughest decisions he has had to make as President.

Bush said he wants Obama to succeed and said it's important that he has that support. Talk-show host Rush Limbaugh has said he hoped Obama would fail.

Former President George W. Bush said on Tuesday that he won't criticize Barack Obama because the new U.S. president "deserves my silence," and said he plans to write a book about the 12 toughest decisions he made in office.

Bush declined to critique the Obama administration in his first speech since leaving office in January. Former Vice President Dick Cheney has said that Obama's decisions threatened America's safety.

"I'm not going to spend my time criticizing him. There are plenty of critics in the arena," Bush said. "He deserves my silence."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 17-3-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
How magnanimous from the moron that help put the economy where is today.

Well thank you very much Bush you most feel like in the top of the world right now.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Why would he insult a partner in crime?

And for the life of me....I can't seem to understand why anyone would want to listen to this man dribble his nonsense after having to hear it for 8 years.

And another good reason to keep quiet?

In hopes of keeping an investigation off his ass.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I think George made a smart move. He knows he can't criticize Obama, he messed things up far more than Obama has in the last couple of months.

Talking about Obama, and doing it in a critizizing manner, would only open the floodgates to talks about his issues and his problems during his Presidency.

It's not like he has much credibility anyway, might aswell stay to what he knows, smile and nod, and read that teleprompter.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Bush didn't cause retarded Americans who make 30k a year to buy 450k homes.
Bush listened to what the people wanted after 9/11. Remember my fellow patriots, you as well as I screamed for blood after 9-11, so we caused this mess as much as he did. He did what the people wanted, revenge.
You are ignorant if you say not once on 9/11 or the following days, you talked to friends about getting the terrorists back.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Or maybe he's keeping silence in respect for Obama, Bush knows Obama's trying to recover from mistake's Bush made, which can be a pretty daunting task. That and it never looks good for an ex prez to criticize the current president, no matter either party's scenario.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Why would he insult a partner in crime?

To throw the scent off. They're all in it together for Petes sakes.
Who do they think they're kidding??

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I notice the articles comments about Rush Limbaugh. I wonder why they put that in there...MSNBC...mainstream media....

Bush was also full of jokes during his appearance. He joked that he would do more speeches to pay for his new house in Dallas.
"I actually paid for a house last fall. I think I'm the only American to have bought a house in the fall of 2008," he quipped.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

"I actually paid for a house last fall. I think I'm the only American to have bought a house in the fall of 2008," he quipped.

OMG...that's hilarious!!!

That Bush is a funny guy!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Yea imagine that...he paid for a house! I love the way the MSM flames us all by inserting the "defcto leader" into the fire. Thank you MSNBC for fanning the flames....

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by USamf

No sir . A person that wanted to go after anyone outside of this country after watching those buildings being imploded were the ones that were ignorant.... I've seen the elephant and smoke and mirror tricks. and it didn't look or feel right to me from the git go. I've been watching these yankee transplants to Texas since the 1960s, and they are capable of doing whatever it takes, as the end justifies the means. I am not ignorant about September 11 Th.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I seriously can't believe the complete and total stupidity of our so called leaders.

It almost seems as if they go out of their way to belittle the average joe.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

You feel that too? Like they are just mocking us...this whole write up smacks of fuel to the fire...

Former President Bush talks in Canada about how the present President of the United States Obama deserves his "silence".

Then he mentions 9.11...the article mentions Rush Limbaugh and then he says he is writing a book...and then he says he bought and paid for a house in 2008.

Gasoline...on a fire....

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I dont see how people can put all the blame for how the economy is on Bush. One man didn't put the U.S. where it is today, its all of us, banks that got greedy or average americans who dug themselves into holes that they cant get out of. Sure Bush isnt the sharpest tool in the shed, but i dont think that we can put all the blame on him. Look back at yourself and see if you can be completely blameless for where we are.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
"Remember my fellow patriots, you as well as I screamed for blood after 9-11, so we caused this mess as much as he did. He did what the people wanted, revenge."

I thought the invasion of Afghanistan was planned months before 9/11/01?

news.bbc.co.uk...

Bush is writing a book? I'm genuinely surprised he knows how to write. GWB is remaining silent on Obama because he does not want to jeopardize their master plan.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Besides the little jabs the reporter threw in there, I thought it was a good interview. You guys are making to much about his joke about buying a house.

He was respectful to President Obama which he might be the only Republican who is.

I will read his book, might even buy it. I am interested to see what his 12 are.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
How magnanimous from the moron that help put the economy where is today.

Well thank you very much Bush you most feel like in the top of the world right now.

the people who put the economy where it is today are still in power..

why dont you critize dodd,frank and bernake.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
i think they're working together. you can see their friendly chemistry whenever they meet.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

The American people and the entire freakin' world deserve this a**h***s silence.

Where's the International Criminal Court (ICC) when you need 'em?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

He's right -
And so does the rest of the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join