It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloud seeding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Saw a piece on the news (Fox) about the drought in Texas, in particular, central Texas. If there was a way to seed the clouds it looks like they would help the cattle ranchers. Does anyone think this technology really exists?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
i believe weather control exsists but to a certin degree .. but why do they wanna help they want a food shortage i thought

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
yeah, it does work, and it's commonly used now adays.

It used to be rare, and they only used it in china and what not, but it's fairly common now.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Does anyone else see the obvious here? If the tech exist, the gov't has it, if the gov't has it and they also want food shortage, this drought isn't nature or natural, it's gov't controlled and synthetic (that's probably WAY WAY off from the right word here, but oh well).

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dangov8
Saw a piece on the news (Fox) about the drought in Texas, in particular, central Texas. If there was a way to seed the clouds it looks like they would help the cattle ranchers. Does anyone think this technology really exists?

Not only does it exist but there are private companies in the US selling cloud seeding to anyone who has the money.

www.weathermod.com...

They even have their own club:

www.weathermodification.org...

Whether it works and whether it in turn make affect precipitation in other areas, remains the issue. And the meteorological jury is still out, regardless of what those selling such services might say. I'm not at all convinced it's a good idea.

(There's also the issue of whether the silver iodide that's used then gets into the water supply or food chain and has any longer term effects)

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well i wish the Australian goverment would look into this, im not sure if they have before but the country is in dire need of rain in certain areas, or at the least better water managment policy.
Its something that would need to be thought about, it goes against my views but im sure there are thousands of farmers who would be all for it.

Some info on cloud seeding in Oz i found.

www.warwickhughes.com...
www.cmar.csiro.au...
www.cmar.csiro.au...

And in reading those links i have answered my own questions.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

A Snowy Hydro presentation:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Nice little vid. Its a shame cloud seeding isnt a miracle fix or at least a tiny fix. I lived on the Murray for a couple of years until recently and its in a bad way atm.

top topics

join