It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source: More feds to combat border violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Source: More feds to combat border violence

news.yahoo.com

The Obama administration plans to send reinforcements to the Southwest border to help contain the rampant violence of the Mexican drug cartel wars.

Thirty-seven agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms are being deployed to the region. An official familiar with the plan said the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency is considering reassignment of at least 90 officers to the border.

The official requested anonymity because the plan has not yet been announced.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Link to related story:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-3-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and FIREARMS?

Is this "step one" of the positioning of Federal agents for something other than Mexico's internal affairs?

What can they add to the interdiction of soldiers, cartel gangs or guns? The article says they're an addition to "anti-gunrunning teams" from Texas to California and will be paid for in part out of the "stimulus package."

Funny thing; Texas' Governor Perry doesn't know anything about this!

I don't know about you, but this just doesn't add up to me.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-3-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think this has more to do with guns than anything else.

Who knows the admin is a joke. I guess they figure they will put some ATF agents down on the boarder they can gain some info on how many guns are being run from the US to Mexico.

I think this has more to do with him getting some propaganda for him to pop up and say we have have to ban assault weapons.

I saw a video the other day with Mexican authorities running through the street with AK-47's and stuff. It is all BS, last time I checked my local gun shops didn't sell LAW's and Grenades.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to Hastobemoretolife
Sure, ostensibly ATF must be involved in "guns," or there wouldn't be a justification for their presence.

But, when you consider positioning in McAllen and the other spots, it doesn't make sense.

Most guns sent to Mexico don't come from border cities! They come from the interior US and large or large-volume dealers. You don't even need a "gunshop" to be a dealer. I know several, many have never owned or leased a storefront.

If "Border interdiction" was the intent, then why not position these "reinforcements" at the busiest crossings?

Think El Paso, San Diego, et c.; NOT McAllen/Reynosa!

This is not right.

jw

new topics

top topics

join