It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official - John Titor is a fake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

In March 2009, a video on YouTube found a Yellow Pages listing showing "John Titor" as the company of John R. Haber, proving that John Titor is a hoax and he is behind it. [3]

whitepages.addresses.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
while i'm not surprised it's a hoax, it's cool to know who it is!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

He predicted the 2008 Olympics would not happen, and Mr Phelps has eight gold medals to show that they did. He also missed out on electing the first African American to be President of the United States. Now that was a history making event that he did not predict.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
OK.

That's it.

It must be official, it's on Wiki after all.

...and there's a white pages listing right in front of me.

I saw a black car the other day, therefore the MIB MUST be real!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Although i do belive that this was a big hoax i must say that this is still just a wiki which can be edited by anyone. I'm going to go to Virgil's wiki scanner and see who has been editing the page, see if we can't get some good names/groups connected to the page editing.

[edit - seems like wiki scanner is down for a little bit whilst they do a upgrade. Worst. Timing. Ever.]

[edit on 19-3-2009 by ProTo Fire Fox]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just for clarity, I also think that this is a very elegant hoax and would appreciate a more indepth and insightful opinion which is not based purely on a Wiki entry or a white/yellow pages listing in order too deem it 'official' as claimed in the OP.

I am not sure as too how things work over in the U.S. in regards to buisness names, but over here (Australia) we associate our buisness names to our real names, for taxation purposes.

I see this as being the primary reason for name 'Titor' being associated with 'J.Haber'.

The secondary reason would be similar to the OP's, but is currently unfounded.

Looking forward to anymore info.

reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

seems like wiki scanner is down for a little bit whilst they do a upgrade. Worst. Timing. Ever.

How convienient?? lol. Mr. H. Strikes again!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hmmm.. a time traveler.. and people believed this?

If I had traveled back in time.. I would be after making myself one of the richest people on the planet at this stage.. not wasting my time spouting doomsday predictions.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

How do you know that 'Titor' didn't make himself rich?? or someone else??

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fox_3000au

Is he one of the richest people on the planet?

If he traveled back in time and stayed, therefore not leaving himself in the future to invest money for.. he's doing a bad job of getting rich.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

How do you know he is not one of the richest people in his future?

He didn't stay here, he apparently went back to his own time, I'm guessing you haven't read much about the John Titor story.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well he'd better be a fake. 2008 was the UK's best Olympics for ages. Be a bit bad if the whole thing was faked. Mind you it'd be very easy to fake a summer Olympics, it's not as if you'd have to involve that many people. . . .

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
He also missed out on electing the first African American to be President of the United States. Now that was a history making event that he did not predict.

Yeah, a lot of professional soothsayers missed out on that one. And it doesn't count if they predicted it in mid-2008. They need to have predicted it in 2002 for me to count it as an accurate prediction.

Oh, well, maybe it just wasn't a big enough event to ripple back through time for them to see. No biggie.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Personally i think titor was some government op, there are things that may be true, but others not.

It was a story that had some truths and thats what caught people on the net.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fox_3000au
reply to post by Dermo

Lol.. no.. Im just being a bigot

xul

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So we have some company named John Titor.
This proves what exactly?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
All these idiots are fake.
They are purely designed to sell stuff on the internet for free money.
There is no harm in following them.
But don't ever buy anything off them.
They are not any government agents or anything, just opportunists and liars.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by CaptainCaveMan]

new topics

top topics

join