It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIG is money laundry scheme, Congress is using Misdirection! (Glenn Beck)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto
Former Treasury Secretary Hank Paulsen approved the original bailout terms for AIG.
AIG's biggest risk was Goldman Sachs. Paulsen is the former head of Goldman Sachs.
If AIG failed then Goldman Sachs would fail and vice versa.
Both companies fell under the jurisdiction of the NY FED headed by Tim Geithner, the current Treasury Secretary, and Ben Bernanke, FED Chairman.
[...]

The case for indicting the executive leadership of Goldman Sachs becomes clearer by the minute, but will Congress act? Here is the case as it is emerging in the past few months. Clearly the GS insiders were acting to defraud the American public with an elaborate shell game. And then there is AIG. And then there is the role of the Federal Reserve. It's a lot of material to cover but I will do my best to make sense of it all. After that it is up to you to follow the links and do some investigating of your own. This is big. This is very big. ...

hey there Sergeant Stiletto,

we seem to have rooted out the essence of the stink,
RE: i just wrote a thread reply at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thread: "Spitzer is back!: 'The Real AIG Scandal'

[...]
See... next quarter... AIG will plead for another 10$-of-billion$...
which will again be back-doored to the likes of Goldman et al....

the bailout should include the AIG cessation of their exotic Swaps & other derivatives (AKA: gentlemen's bets debt instruments)...

we might wonder just what holdings does AIG have for which liability might become due in the future?
we might wonder if there is also collusion between the counter-parties in creating CDSwaps that are guaranteed to be losers to AIG,
but are guaranteed to be paid by we taxpayers in this open-ended 'bail-out' process

just a few 'what-ifs' to ponder...
thanks

good informative post & mindscape you've painted

[edit on 18-3-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gravytrain

I agree with what you’re saying, but then the US Government should only give money to AIG and not to TARP. Or the US Government should let AIG fail and cover the losses to the banks through TARP.

The most important thing is that this is double dipping. The Banks are being compensated twice for the same bad assets. The difference is that with TARP, there are strings attached to the money and through AIG, there aren't any.

Additionally, you buy insurance and you understand that if the insurance company goes bankrupt, you lose your policy. There is no FDIC for insurance. Now here, the banks made their insurance company go bankrupt by asking them to insure terrible investments, and the insurance company was complicate in making these high leverage bad bets look like safe investments.

I say that if this was really about protecting the taxpayer, the gov should have seized AIG, sold off the property and casualty business for a profit, and shut down the financial side of the company.

Then, if they must make bailouts, do it directly through TARP with all kinds of regulations and strings attached. This is double dipping, and unjust enrichment.

Finally, why should US taxpayers bailout foreign banks. They were gambling on these highly speculative derivative instruments related to the US real estate market. They made bad bets. This has nothing to do with the US taxpayer. Sometimes, when you gamble, you lose.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Oh come on like Glenn Beck has any crediblity or intelligence.

The guy is a moron.

I guess that means he is following in your footsteps!

Line 2

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I think it's important to mention Glen Beck isn't giving his own idiotic opinion, but discussing a time line of events that brought us here. The facts speak for themselves regardless who is rehashing them.

Isn't half of government Hollywood actors the other half former CEO's? And you people really believe the nonsense fed to you by the mainstream media?

I'm not exactly sure what us nobody's can do, but believing in the US govt. is a serious waste of time.

I'm not even sure why we need a Federal Govt.??? My state Govt. does a bad enough job, why compound the damage?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Jedi Mind Trick: "These aren't the BILLIONS and TRILLIONS your looking for."

The people "These aren't the Billions and Trillions we are looking for!! OMG what an OUTRAGE that a few MILLION are beeing fleeced!"

These people who keep the scam going are VERY good at it folks. They laugh at how easy it is.....and they would be right!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
In the first video, glen beck points out what I've been saying for a while now.

The members of the federal reserve board are directly linked to each of those banks that recieved money through the aig bailouts. he drew you all a map.

That is, if you believe that ruling bloodline conspiracy.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by djzombie]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
First they deny it then they try to call it out. Somebody in charge is playing both sides.

Might they be trying to spark a revolution or collapse in order to use martial law for control? or something?

They first let is happen and they knew we would be pissed if we found out. They are now ALLOWING us to find out on purpose so we get pisses and try to fight back.

They think they will gain more control over us but in fact our constitution states that if our government is not working for the people and is not working well, then we have the right to abolish the current one and start a new one. WE HAVE THAT RIGHT !!!

We have no muscle to back it up as the people in charge have our government , our military, our police force, our politicians , and our leaders in their back pockets.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Liquidate A.I.G.

These are Sub Criminal Sociopaths.

The AIG criminals are immersed in self service LOOTING.

Most of the Washington cronies are in their pocket, and sharing in this LOOTERS PARADISE.

Nationalize this criminal enterprise and offer a percentage to any american patriot (a bounty) on the exposure of the AIG criminal, and the recovery of American Citizens lost assets.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The idea that they are taking tax dollars and giving it to foreign banks is beyond absurd.
This is criminal.

170 million in bonuses goes into 170 billion HOW MANY TIMES?
I mean, we're talking about 1/10 of 1% or something incredibly miniscule.

People are stupid. Today at work my boss brought this up to me. "Can you believe that they are giving those bonuses?"
I told him they are obliged to and then went on to explain how 50 billion or more went overseas.
He just stared at me with a look that deserved an "I'm an idiot" stamp on his forehead.

During WW2 one of Hitler's plans that never went through was to use Jewish prisoners to counterfeit the british pound. They succeeded in counterfeiting a billion dollars worth but never got the chance to flood the markets with it. He figured that if he could have done that, it would have ruined their currency and then he would be able to out spend them.

Makes you go Hmmm. when you realize our own Government is doing this to us on an unbelievable scale.

Treasonous is right.

PS - I almost started a thread on this the other day, but did anyone else notice that Senator Chris Dodd tried to pass a TAX to offset the AIG bonuses?

This is insanity at the highest level. I can't believe the contempt they hold for their constituents.
Of course that won't pass because not even Americans are that stupid.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Bureaucracy is messy business and easy to exploit. Example being the contracts set to the foreign banks.

We may own 80% of AIG stocks but what will that matter when they will never be audited just as the feds. Whats to insure you that some nutty CEO wont loot from the company (AIG) and plummet you're stocks.

It's all such a confusing mess, I'm at a loss for words. There is no solution to anything anymore.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Guess what they will not, because the morons in Washington believe that paying out debt with more debt is going to fix the markets.

I contest that. They are not that stupid and they are merely paying off their buddies.

The the poster boy Geithner is telling that he will make sure that AIG pays back their bonuses.

And, I suppose, BS, oh I mean the President, will pay back the 'bonus' he got?

I guess Geithner thinks that Americans are stupid.

Hey, he won!

And that news like that is going to make us all happy.

What a moron.

Not a moron, a Luciferian.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

WOW! I'm embarrassed that I let this little fact slip by me. This seals it IMO:

www2.goldmansachs.com...

New York, NY - September 26, 2008 -- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS) today announced that Edward M. Liddy resigned as a member of its Board of Directors in light of his new role as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of American International Group, Inc. His resignation was effective September 23, 2008. Mr. Liddy had been a director of Goldman Sachs since June 2003. During that time, he served as chairman of the Audit Committee and as a member of the Corporate Governance and Nominating Committee and the Compensation Committee.

"Ed has played an invaluable role on our board over the last five years,” said Lloyd C. Blankfein, Chairman and CEO of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. “His judgment, financial acumen and deep interest in the culture of our firm have benefited our people and our shareholders. While we are sorry he can no longer serve on our board, we are proud that Ed is taking on such an important responsibility during this critical time.”

I love how they keep emphasizing snippets like "He only makes a dollar per year salary." and "He's doing a service for his country." No. He is doing a service for Goldman Sachs. Or should we say, an inside job.

[edit on 19/3/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
c'mon...guys...who do you think buys our treasuries??? we taxpayers owe hundreds of billions to...yes...foreigners!!! this country has been selling treasury bonds BACKED BY TAXPAYER MONEY for decades. glen beck is telling us...what...something new? wow shocker!!!

hey..i gotta good one for you...foreigners own our businesses!!! SHOCKER!! NEXT ON GLEN BECK!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join