It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallacy In worship!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Does worshipping a rock increases your chances of Heavens Gates being open to you after death ?

If God is Everyone and Everywhere, why does he hide in statues? Why do millions go on pilgrimages ? Why are certain lands mory holy than others?

If God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient, why does he hide in statues, why are some parts of this planet more " holier " than others?

Dee[

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
You already know the answer to that, Deep! It is not so much a question of what does 'god' want, but instead what does man want.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I dont believe in Idol worship at all.

I was just asking why some people tend to ?

Deep

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
I dont believe in Idol worship at all.

I was just asking why some people tend to ?

Deep

I think it makes poeple comfortable to worship/pray to something tangible, whether it is a rock, or a stature of the Virgin Mary. I hope no one thinks God is hiding in statues

I think people go on pilgrimages to belong, to be in on it, to see the center of their religion. I would say it is similar to those who go to Washington DC to see the seat of their government.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
But the actual expereince of God is not realized ?

It helps to rekindle faith, nothing more.

Deep

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
DontTreadOnMe said it well. When I look at a statue of Mary, or a Crucifix, I don't actually believe God is inside that thing. I think it is a way for people to have something tangible, for comfort.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
If God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient, why does he hide in statues, why are some parts of this planet more " holier " than others?
Dee[
The most holiest place is within. The outside, like statues and holy lands, only help to animate and point ones awareness to the God within.

One realizes that all practice leads to the holy Self.

top topics

join