It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in the sky: Builder on rooftop snaps four 'UFOs' flying over London

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Honestly, that photograph appears to be of a reflection of recessed Ceiling Lights visible upon an exterior window.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

I doubt it's legit, it looks like ceiling lights reflected on a glass, but I could be wrong.
yeah, I doubt its CCD blooming because of the lighting conditions; recessed lights' reflection is a better possibility except for their arrangement. Its a little odd for recesssed ceiling lights to be arranged sort of assymetrically like that.

jmvho, $.02 and all

any chance it was cgi?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Unless there's a wall in front of the balcony window, which is the case I've seen in a lot of hotel rooms.
Probably just blocking the rest of the lights.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Excellent insight Phage starred! I was thinking along the lines of reflection but one of the pics on the net shows railings suggesting it was taken outside.

I wonder how many more "ufo" pics are going to occur with the increasing use of mobile phone cameras and their associated bugs and general wierdness!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
There's a comment in the JPEG file (APP13 section recorded by Photoshop 3.0):

DEREK Burden was stunned when he took a scenic picture of London - and there were what appeared to be four UFOs flying in the sky.

The taper and jointer was amazed by the extra-terrestrial images when he came to look at the photo on his mobile with his girlfriend.

He snapped the picture 16 floors up on the rooftop of Orion House in Covent Garden at about 8.30am one morning.

It does look like a reflection on a window. I could do nearly the same picture, including the railing, in my office building right now.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Good looking picture i guess they do look like some sort of reflection , but it boggles my mind why people would attempt to hoax something like this ? :/

Looks fake to me, peace.
nasacarl

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Another thread on this

The image is probably taken behind glass as the clarity of the colours and the resolution of the image is quite poor.

Also there is a rectangluar cloud of which is quite uncommon.

This being the case, the builder is clearly lying as the glass would have been from an existing fitting such as a balcony door/window and he would have known he was inside a building and not on a roof top when taking the picture.

Quite sad really.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Nowhere else in the area has openings in the clouds. Its not from sunlight shining through the clouds. The sunlight would not be so concentrated in those spots.

That being said, I want to believe it is a ufo but it seems more like inside lights to me.
somebody should try and recreate the picture at that place or some place like it altough it would be kind of hard.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
To me the white colour looks like infra-red being picked up by the camera sensor, as when you point a remote at digital cam. Could explain why he didn't see them. Some source of infra red light in the office possible. whatever it does seem they are reflections as you can see ceiling reflecting also.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
How could a photographer not see all those ships in formation at the time, if that's what they are?

I was wondering this as well.

Also, how could these objects pass over the centre of one of the busiest cities on Earth in broad daylight without generating thousands of reported citings? I mean it's not even like they were hiding in the UV end of the spectrum since the picture taken is of normal visible light.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
In this photo it's visible that the last floor has a railing on the balcony, and if that it's not what we see on the photo then it's very similar.

Another thing that is visible is that the last floor has windows all around it, so, although the glasses are not that big, I think the photo could have been taken from one of those windows.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join