It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Received a $101,332 Bonus from AIG

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Senator Barack Obama received a $101,332 bonus from American International Group in the form of political contributions according to Opensecrets.org. The two biggest Congressional recipients of bonuses from the A.I.G. are - Senators Chris Dodd and Senator Barack Obama.

www.examiner.com...
www.opensecrets.org...

Am I surprised by this article?..Nope..And for those who want to say.."Mcain received money too"..Let me just say...OBAMA is the President of the United States, at least for the time being, he still is...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yeah, they paid him a pretty big campaign donation. Back when he was campaigning. And he's STILL going to do everything he can to freeze their ridiculous multi-million dollar executive bonuses.

I'm really glad he's the president. And that's not sarcasm, McCain wouldn't have raised a finger.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

If you had any doubt it should be dispelled now. WE have the best President,Congress and Senate MONEY can buy!!!

I would have to say that this news is very transparent!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Yeah..he'll do that...and say NOTHING about the billions AIG has sent to other foreign banks!

He knows damn well what is happening.

His fake outrage is ridiculous.

This is nothing but diversion.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

HE he he. All those hogs feed out of the same trough don't they?!
Of course he knows what has been going on.He also knows which side his bread is buttered on.

Outrage is all B.S. anyway.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ridiculous!!!!!
This government is so full of corruption and deceit, it makes one
want to puke. This is the kind of news that needs to be spread across the country, as it is the only way that we'll be able to wake some people up to what is and has been REALLY going down in our government!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Well for the love of freaking god...it doesn't take a genius to figure this out!!

The news of this was posted sunday...after the bonus news came out.

This is how they were sending money to other countries WITHOUT US KNOWING ABOUT IT.

Now we know.

We'd been cheated and lied to.

It's right there people....right in your face...and they are trying to hide it.

OUR POLITICIANS. They are hiding this damnit!!!

Get off the Obama train...HE VOTED FOR THIS NONSENSE. All of them did. Oh wait...they don't READ bills anymore..i forgot.

Unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
All of this stuff is going to make my head explode.

The AIG bailout is basically nothing more than using tax payer dollars to bail out not just US banks, but foreign banks as well.

All the money going into AIG is being funnelled out to banks, foreign and domestic. AIG is just a clearing house for this Mega-fraud.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

All the money going into AIG is being funnelled out to banks, foreign and domestic. AIG is just a clearing house for this Mega-fraud.

Right. And they are using this bonus charade to hide the REAL SCAM.

You couldn't have a clearer example of the corruption in our government right now.

So many times i've said...well if this doesn't wake people up...then nothing will.

I'm saying it again...Hopefully for the last time!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
Yeah, they paid him a pretty big campaign donation. Back when he was campaigning.

American International Group Inc's payment of $165 million in bonuses is an "outrage" and ordered the treasury secretary to take all legal measures to block them.

I'm really glad he's the president. And that's not sarcasm, McCain wouldn't have raised a finger.

Lets see...Obama comes out on the news yesterday, choking in his outrage..

American International Group Inc's payment of $165 million in bonuses is an "outrage" and ordered the treasury secretary to take all legal measures to block them.

Saying that his "Wonder Boy" Geithner, is going toput AIG in the corner, blocking the bonus's, that were paid out last Friday the 13th..lol
Is this the same "Obama Wonder Boy" who spent 2 weeks putting together the ORIGINAL Rescue Plan for AIG?? Do you honestly think that Wonder Boy and Obama himself didnt know about the contracts for the bonus's???
Because in Nov. 2008 the papers were bragging about how this wonder boy Geithner worked, without sleep, on the AIG Rescue Plan..

Behind the scenes, Mr. Geithner was the point person for weeks of sleep-deprived Bailout Weekends. It was Mr. Geithner, not Mr. Paulson, for example, who put together the original rescue plan for the American International Group.

www.nytimes.com...
OMG..wait! Maybe Democrap Sen. Chris Dodd can help Geithner & Obama..or maybe not...

Connecticut Sen. Chris Dodd is now pushing the idea of taxing the controversial bonuses for executives at bailed-out insurance giant AIG. But this is the same Dodd who inserted language in the $787 billion stimulus bill that allowed the payment of $158 million in taxpayer-subsidized bonuses.

www.newsmax.com...
Do your homework, before you post a paper on my desk....

[edit on 17-3-2009 by MissysWorld]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Obama' outrage is pathetic.

Where was that outrage when Congress gave itself a pay raise.

On top of all of this, his administration was already aware that these bonuses were due.

Losing credibility by the day.

new topics

top topics

join