It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 1388 - "Required Service" and "Mandatory Volunteer"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I already Volunteer my $ervices.
Income tax is "voluntary" isn't it?

Quite an oxymoron. Mandatory Volunteerism.

I'll practice my volunteerism privately, thank you very much,

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The bill just passed.

Get ready for the FORCED VOLUNTEER MANDATORY labor, COMMUNIST STYLE.

Get ready for camp if you dont comply.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
As it stands right now I am still working for the Gov't - end of march and I've paid my income taxes.

Arrogant indeed. It takes me three months to pay my taxes and they still need more from me - FREE LABOR for "The Corporation".

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
found this in the Bill

establish a centralized electronic citizenship verification system which would allow the Corporation to share employment eligibility information with the Department of Education.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

(6) Whether a workable, fair, and reasonable mandatory service requirement for all able young people could be developed, and how such a requirement could be implemented in a manner that would strengthen the social fabric of the Nation and overcome civic challenges by bringing together people from diverse economic, ethnic, and educational backgrounds.

This is not the SS. This isn't even the Draft sending unwilling souls off to fight wars. This is not about serving the government, it is about serving each other as a nation.

Oh, sure, it SOUNDS good. Sure, at this stage, it is soft-peddled.

But let's look here... "Whether a workable, fair, and reasonable mandatory service requirement..." What can possibly be fair about forcing others into "service?" How could making slaves of us ever be "reasonable?"

And if we rebel... It can't even be workable.

So right there, it dooms itself, and we have no need to go further.

The whole premise is therefore a waste of money if we are pursue and study of this issue.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The bill just passed.

Holy crap so they were voting a few minutes ago? I thought it was yesterday. Man I can't keep up with this Admin - the stuff they are shoveling through so quickly is making my head spin.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The bill just passed.

I feel ill.

Maybe we can say Hi as we pass one another on the chain gangs.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I hope you all know how really serious this is.

As i said and will continue saying till i'm blue in the face, this is Communism. There will also be a big price to pay if you refuse.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ACEMANN

See, while they have you busy looking at the AIG robbery, this is going on in our backs. Just a diversion.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
found this in the Bill

establish a centralized electronic citizenship verification system which would allow the Corporation to share employment eligibility information with the Department of Education.

Boy they dress the ugly up in pretty flowers, don't they? This is further erosion (and nearly the end) of what we once had in this country.

Bye-bye America.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Because it's the Government forcing us into doing what they SHOULD be doing but that they blew the budget big time, and now need all the more from us to do their job.

What is it you think community service means? Filling pot-holes? Building roads? What is it the government does now that you think they are going to force you to do for them instead becuase of the budget? Think...Does your premise make sense?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You're right - another thread said it passed around 3pm. It passed the House and is moving to the Senate. No chance stopping it there.

ATS 1388 Passes

[edit on 18-3-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It's a stripping away of our basic and inalienable rights.

How will they seperate and define WHO will be doing this?

Will they include all those on assistance and involved in government-supported programs or will they get a "pass?" Many do already from any kind of productivity.

This reeks of something I don't want to see come to pass...

Maybe THIS will be the straw that breaks the back of everyone who's already feeling shoved around and worn out?

Let me get this straight:I lost my job,I can't find another job,my benefits have expired,I have no health insurance,I can't feed my family,and you want me to do WHAT?

[edit on 18-3-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

I'd say its more like picking cotton.

In the extreme heat. or die.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Because it's the Government forcing us into doing what they SHOULD be doing but that they blew the budget big time, and now need all the more from us to do their job.

What is it you think community service means? Filling pot-holes? Building roads? What is it the government does now that you think they are going to force you to do for them instead becuase of the budget? Think...Does your premise make sense?

Um... Take care of people? Hire people to do the caring of the elderly and infirm? Support the homeless? Rescue the ones who are losing their home? Establish soup kitchens? Ad infinitum...?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I'd say its more like picking cotton.

In the extreme heat. or die.

I'd rather die than pick cotton. I have a note from my Doctor!!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

I did misread. I'm sorry

I'm not opposed to making a voluntary option available and to rewarding the kids who participate. I think it is a good idea. Unfortunately for us one way they fool us is to give themselves power under the guise of a program of this sort. Once the president is set, it can then be abused any way they wish.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
It's a stripping away of our basic and inalienable rights.

All rights come with responsibilities. Fail to uphold those repsonsibilities (like showing due consideration and respect for property) and you loose your rights.

Maybe learning responsiblity will help you keep your rights?

I say you bring all this on yourself.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Um... Take care of people? Hire people to do the caring of the elderly and infirm? Support the homeless? Rescue the ones who are losing their home? Establish soup kitchens? Ad infinitum...?

Wow. This is what you think the government is going to force you to do through community service??

Or are you just saying that the government should hire people to take care of our elderly so we shouldn't have to visit them and such???

The government is going to force you to start a soup kitchen??

* I ask again...what is it that you think the government does now that they are going force you to do for them instead via COMMUNITY service?

This is a proposal to explore the possibility of including community service in school programs...and it is something that our children should learn and frankly something that most modern day parents aren't teaching them.

This is what churches encourage, you'd think there wouldn't be such a push back from the right wing, but I guess when the opportunity arises to spin something into an Obama bash piece...values be damned.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The 13th amendment SPECIFICALLY BANS FORCED SERVITUDE!!!
The right wing knows all too well how that went in England and Early industrialized America!
Children worked to death in coal mines, factories, etc...
Mandatory volunteerism is an oxymoron!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join