It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rage at AIG Swells As Bonuses Go Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

A tidal wave of public outrage over bonus payments swamped American International Group yesterday. Hired guards stood watch outside the suburban Connecticut offices of AIG Financial Products, the division whose exotic derivatives brought the insurance giant to the brink of collapse last year. Inside, death threats and angry letters flooded e-mail inboxes. Irate callers lit up the phone lines. Senior managers submitted their resignations. Some employees didn't show up at all.

"It's a mob effect," one senior executive said. "It's putting people's lives in danger."

Politicians and the public spent yesterday demanding that AIG rescind payouts that they said rewarded recklessness and greed at a company being bailed out with $170 billion in taxpayer funds. But company officials contend that the uproar is scaring away the very employees who understand AIG Financial Products' complex trades and who are trying to dismantle the division before it further endangers the world's economy.

"It's going to blow up," said a senior Financial Products manager, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak for the company. "I have a horrible, horrible, horrible feeling that this is going to end badly."

Well it looks like people are getting really uppity about all these bailouts. I think they are raiding the wrong castle, but Washington needs to start paying attention because they are treading on thin ice.

People are starting to get really fed up and starting to act out on it. It isn't even spring yet and the "Summer of Rage" looks like it is already starting. Washington needs to start listening to us because I don't see these feelings of anger subsiding anytime soon.

The situation we are in is like a ticking time bomb and it is only a matter of time before all of this comes to a head.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It figures. Mess with a person's rights liberty and freedom and they do nothing. But mess with their money. . .

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Imagine that they now have to employ security gaurds...I wonder why?

I have taken to watching the peacekeeper missile launch to blow off steam.
It is only 16 seconds long, but does wonders for the spirt! Feeling a bit outraged?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
and now, Chris Dodd, who exempted the AIG bonus provisions from the the bailout says he wants the $$ back.

Oh, yeah, guess who got the most money from AIG last year.

No. 1 Chris Dodd. $130k+

No. 2 Barack Hussein Obama $100k+

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Deny Ignorance

jw

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I'm not mad at the AIG for giving out bonuses I'm mad at the gov giving out bailouts in the first place.

It is all about getting re-elected for the politicians. It is a no-brainer that our gov is corrupt.

This thread is more about people starting to act upon their anger.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Heeyyyy some one finally got it right!

How can we throw 170,000,000,000 at this stupid arse company then get mad when they allocate 100 mil to try and bribe their best guys to stay with em??

Why hasn't anyone said "mmm gee willikers, I don't think we should have gave them the money in the first place!"

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The "dogooder" attitude of the Government is wrong.
Because - most people are evil

They will not see the bailouts as a "good" (lawful evil) thing.
Expect reaction.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The govt should require AIG to release the names of these bonus recipients along with the amount. If the taxpayers then shoot them, so be it. If i'm on the jury when the shooters are tried, i'll acquit them.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This bonus scandel has been created to make us take our eyes off of the real scandel.

AIG is a money laundering front for the criminals that are stealing tax dollars and funnelling them to banks, foreign and domestic. They are perputrating the world's largest thefts and have us screaming about bonuses that amount to less than one percent of the total bailout of AIG.

Read this post!!! www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 17-3-2009 by finemanm]

top topics

join