It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija board experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
How many of you folks have had experiences with a Ouija board?
Has anything happened that touched your soul or terrified you? Many years ago, I had some friends round for an evening and we ended up contacting something that claimed to be my dead grandfather. I thought it was all a bit of a joke (in my mid 20's) but I asked a question of which only I knew the answer to and it was answered correctly. This was shortly after his death and it really upset me. I guess I was just not "spiritually aware" enough to handle this sort of thing at the time.
Another time, i felt like we had contacted a really evil spirit as the glass moved so fast and violently, it scared me so much that I have never took part in a sitting again.
PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think I moved the pieces around to spell out something.
I did this after some said that's what they did.
I'm a bad speller, and keyboard user, so I had a fear of moving
the board but there is always changing the question to a yes or no.

People didn't care if I moved it, they would just argue over any
answer. I mean the board was going nowhere and didn't want to
wait around for someone to move the board.

I think I answered who would be the first to go to the Moon,
Russia or America. I answered with Russia and caused quite a stir.
Now if you consider a conspiracy theory no one has been there yet.
So there is still a chance my answer could still come out right.

Sorry if I didn't give any spiritual insights.
But seeing visions and dead people might be possible.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Your story is very similar to mine which I posted not so long ago on the following thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"I tried this years ago and have not touched it since. We were in contact with who turned out to be our great-grandfather on our mother's side. He asked us to go and pray for him (because he had sinned)....se we asked my mother where he was buried and went. We couldnt find his grave so we just stood near the church and prayed. When we got back we asked him if that was ok and he said thanks but dont practise this again because its evil and knocked all the letters off the table (we had made our own ouija). It certainly did spook us for a while.
The thing is he told us his name..which turned out to be correct. Do you know your great grandfathers name on your mothers side? We didnt. I still get goosepimples when I think about it."

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

Awesome, Thanks for the reply... the hairs on my arms are standing up just reading that and relating it to what i know. I agree with you and I think there is something really dark involved with all of that stuff. We never actually had a board but had a walnut coffee table which had a mirror polish on it and a rim around the edge. An upturned glass could just slide accross it with a flick of the finger and when we got the not so friendly one it was whizzing round the table like mad and tipping up as it hit the lip such was the force.
The least number of ppl we ever got the glass moving with was 3 but I found that 4 was always a better number. I honestly would never go there again but am glad I tried it,
I did actually know my great grand fathers name but this was his son, my grandfather who identified himself by spelling out his name perfectly. I was really skeptical cos I thought someone was pushing the glass, so I asked him a question to which only I knew the answer and he spelled the correct answer out ( a full 9 letter word .... amazing)
Thanks again for your post, its good to know I'm not mad

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

That is some wierd sounding board you have there, I dont quite understand how to operate that kind. we used to set all the letters of the alphabet on small pieces of paper in a big circle, then "yes" and "no" in the middle, we just used a highly polished table. After I got seriously spooked and vowed never to use one again, i was visiting a mates at his granny's house which he was clearing and he threw a proper board all boxed like into a skip so I asked if I could have it, he said yes no problem and I took it home. I never used it but it looked really wierd.
It had 2 wooden triangular pointers on it joined by string. All the letters of the alphabet were under a glass surface on the board and in the middle was the "masonic" all seeing eye in the triangle.
Wierd stuff,
PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

Lol no your not mad!
The hairs on my arms where standing up when i read you post...because it was such a similar experience. We used the same sort of set up as you did. I was only talking about it the other day with one of the people that was present and he says it still spooks him to this day.

Would you ever do it again??

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

I have to say that now I am a bit older and hopefully, a little bit wiser too, that I have learned some lessons from it. So the answer is no I probably wouldn't do it again. Like I said I think there is something dark about it that I don't want to bring into my psyche if it could potentially harm me.

A few people I have spoken to about it either have never got it to work or don't believe it when it does and some have had some strange experiences too.
I know there are skeptics about it, but like you, I have seen it do absolutely unexplainable things.
PEACE,
RK.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The Ouija board was a victorian toy.Its nonsense in other words...and you would be surprised what the mind can do in a group setting or with expectations before hand.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I heard Milton Bradley got magical power's..that they sold there soul of there ceo's .
So monopoly /life ect... can be big seller's...then via the soul agreement mass produced the Ouija board for........THE DEVIL!!!!

lol no truth to the board what so ever ..

[edit on 18-3-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
The Ouija board was a victorian toy.Its nonsense in other words...and you would be surprised what the mind can do in a group setting or with expectations before hand.

There are many references to the subject on the net, I have never really considered it's history before but found some interesting pages....

"The Ouija Board has been around since the time of the Roman Emporeror Valens in the fourth century. It is also thought to have been used by the Greeks since before the time of Christ."

www.paralumun.com/ouijaboard.htm

The first historical mention of something resembling a Ouija board is found in China around 1200 B.C., a divination method known as fuji 扶乩 "planchette writing".[citation needed] Other sources claim that according to a Greek historical account of the philosopher Pythagoras, in 540 B.C. his sect would conduct séances at "a mystic table, moving on wheels, moved towards signs, which the philosopher and his pupil, Philolaus, interpreted to the audience as being revelations supposedly from an unseen world."

en.wikipedia.org...

I can not say for sure what makes it work but in MY experience, to see a glass moving around a board and spelling out words to questions asked by the participants is kind of spooky.

This thread is about "experiences" people have had, not really about its authenticity however, that said I am quite happy to hear what anyone has to say about the subject.
Thanks for your posts.
PEACE,
RK

top topics

join