It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on other planet's?Perhap's..But why isn't the planet a life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
We will see a million topic's about life on other planet's and people speculate.

But the truth is planet's are alive.
en.wikipedia.org...

Life is a characteristic of organisms that exhibit certain biological processes such as chemical reactions or other events that results in a transformation

So why is not a planet ..Even earth not a life form?

And why do we dig hole's..
Burn up.
Blow toxic man made chemical's into it's lung's.

So every star gas planet asteroid comet..is a life form in the weirdest since of the way.

Cased closed

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Oh i think no one has denied that planets and stars are alive, but when people talk about life on other planets, they usually mean, organisms, virus, bacteria etc, or little gray dudes with big heads and weird sunglasses

People mistreat the earth because of the same reasons we harm our bodies, smoking, drinking, dying ridiculous deaths at very young ages, because we don't know better, and there are no consequences we can clearly see, in our nearest environment.

If you burn a lot of toxics, there is a big chance you won't have any harm done to you, the smoke just goes away, you don't get to see the harm at that moment, so you probably won't mind and move on, the same for almost any other harmful thing out there, for instance, went trowing away the trash, we usually dispose of harmful things, but since we don't see where all that stuff went, who cares?

We simply are too self focused and believe we are on top of every other species, the earth is for us to use and do whatever we want.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Yes we are MAN ..creme of the crop.

great to be us on earth these day's lol

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Planets don't reproduce though.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
We mistreat the earth because alot of us believe that "god" told us to fill it and conquer it, he didn't tell us to look after it.
The real question is, what is the true identity of god?. Let me just assume that god is the entity that created us. Genesis tells us the it was on the sixth day. The theory of evolution holds that we evolved on this planet, therefore I put it to you, that this planet created us and that not only is it alive, it is in fact god.
Surely, this simple fact spans the divide between creationists and evolutionists. It may also encourage us to show the earth a small bit more respect.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Perhaps not in the way we mammals do, however planetary systems can regenerate. Every element heavier the hydrogen was created inside a star, hence everything on this world was once part of another star, long since dead and gone.
My knowlege of cosmology was gleaned from the discovery channel, so I expect to be corrected on the above

[edit on 17/3/09 by feoil]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Planets does'nt reproduce by themselves
Planets do not grow
Planets do not respond to stimulus
Planets do not have metabolism

So planets are not alive, sorry.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have considered planets as living organisms

JUST FOR CONSIDERATION :-

Why does life have to be explained in biological terms only - there is a hypocracy going on
ask any scientist the future of computers and they will explain that AI and artificial life forms are a certainty for the future
Ask SETI why they are only looking for biological life within the universe and they state that there is no other type of life.

Planets do not grow - but there is a vast expanded earth theory

Our earths core is an unknown - thought to contain a structured crystaline form (which could potentially facilitate growth).

The plasma universe suggests that planets are essentially plugged into the universal mains - they can absorb or expel energy.

Just Ideas !!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
A planet liike ours has a biosphere. A consistent amount of mass that is alive, or in the process of decay, comsumption, etc. In some ways that looks like being alive.

Perhaps a BIOSPHERE's way of "reproducing" is to incubate lifeforms that have the possibility of moving some of the biosphere to another object in a way that becomes self-sustaining.

In that way, the cellular structures of the biosphere (us, animals, bacteria....) are part of the organism that is the planet. When part of the organism reaches a critical point in development that entity takes the biosphere's components and moves them....then the biosphere reproduces itself through those actions.

Humans as a reproductive strategy of the biosphere.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by feoil
Perhaps not in the way we mammals do, however planetary systems can regenerate. Every element heavier the hydrogen was created inside a star, hence everything on this world was once part of another star, long since dead and gone.
My knowlege of cosmology was gleaned from the discovery channel, so I expect to be corrected on the above

Then it's the stars that are reproducing.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Humans in space ships - like seeds from a dandylion clock - floating on the wind to grow in a new area.

Love the concept - cant see any benefit to the planet though - other than getting rid of a few pesky polluters.

Who knows !

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by suziwong
Humans in space ships - like seeds from a dandylion clock - floating on the wind to grow in a new area.

Love the concept - cant see any benefit to the planet though - other than getting rid of a few pesky polluters.

Who knows !

Because we would take the biosphere with us to populate another planet. Terraforming would require that we transport a very healthy diversity of the other lifeforms living in symbosis here. Bacteria, fungi, plants, animals. All the components to kick start a whole other biosphere from bits of the old one.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard

My knowlege of cosmology was gleaned from the discovery channel, so I expect to be corrected on the above[/quote

Then it's the stars that are reproducing.

Well????, yes. Expanding my thinking to include the solar system, afterall would we have evolved if not for jupiter and saturn hoovering up all the asteroids and comets that might smash into us. Just a thought here, perhaps the sun is male and the earth female???, hence life (our kind)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The biosphere theory is very very interesting.

Maybe earth acts as an "eden project biosphere" for many organisms - from many extra terrestrial sources
Just been reading about the "red rain" organisms falling in India which appear to replicate but be devoid of DNA
LINK

Just another point -

The earth does have a pulse (of sorts) - a natural electro magnetic resonance - the schumann resonance.

This has a significant effect upon our wellbeing - to the point where a schumann box has to be fitted in space craft to maintain the health of astronauts.

The Schumann resonance has been constant for many years - but has recently inexplicably increased - (possibly due to changes in the magnetic shield)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jigore
Planets does'nt reproduce by themselves
Planets do not grow
Planets do not respond to stimulus
Planets do not have metabolism

So planets are not alive, sorry.

Sorry friend, but i have to question some of your assertions,

1) I already pointed out that planetary system do regenerate, fair enough, maybe you don't agree that that is the same as reproduction.
2) Planets do in fact grow, growing all the time. Admitedly this growth occurs by accumulation, but then agian we need to accumulate the building blocks of our bodies aswell.
3) Planets do respond to stimuli, most obviously gravity.
4) As for metabolism, this planet is a dynamic entity which is constanly changing. This planet, at any rate, is alive.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
Planets don't reproduce though.

Sure they do. lol

I don't want to debate too much over this, but, as far as I know from reading books, after planets use up their energy they compress and become dwarf stars. Then the weight of the star implodes on itself and becomes a blackhole. Out of the black hole comes matter, as to does matter go into one. It is said that the matter that comes out of a blackhole evolves with gases and becomes a planet or another star. In a sense, the old planet ends up birthing a new one. I think I read this in an old reader 's digest facts book. lol

Anyways, interesting.

Ciao!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

We mistreat the earth because alot of us believe that "god" told us to fill it and conquer it, he didn't tell us to look after it.
The real question is, what is the true identity of god?. Let me just assume that god is the entity that created us. Genesis tells us the it was on the sixth day. The theory of evolution holds that we evolved on this planet, therefore I put it to you, that this planet created us and that not only is it alive, it is in fact god.
Surely, this simple fact spans the divide between creationists and evolutionists. It may also encourage us to show the earth a small bit more respect.

I too believe that this planet is a part of God.
The way I look at it is we have microscopes and telescopes backwards! Hear me out... If we were to zoom in on a microscope far enough on any piece of matter here on earth, everything begins to look like stars and galaxies, etc... If we look out of a telescope, we could actually be looking at atoms, particles, neurons, protons, electrons, axioms, quarks, dark matter,and strings, etc..., of what exists all around us already. When astronauts fly into space, they are but a mere miniature particle in or on one of earth's atoms. We are stuck in a bubble or an atmospheric eye. lol. All planets, galaxies, etc... are actually little pieces and bits of God's actual body. I've coined this idea as, "the microscopic effect!" hehe I've put some thought into it, and I think I'm right too! Time will tell.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by onehappyangel

Lol i have and always will think god is energy.

What is energy?
Energy can never be created or destroyed.....it is the alpha and omega.

And the same energy that's in everything in the universe...planet's me ,you,tree's EVERYTHING has the same base energy that made us....

Thus energy is god.

But a planet is alive

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Sweet.
I agree that energy is also a part of God. In all honesty and seriousness though, I really do believe that no one human being can comprehend God's true form in all of existence. We are limited to perception and reason. That's just the way it is. But I do still like your comment on energies. Alpha and Omega. fascinating.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join