It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recovery 'Will Start Next Year'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Recovery 'Will Start Next Year'

www.thesun.co.uk

THE world’s most influential banker has predicted America will pull out of recession at the start of 2010.

Stock markets on both sides of the Atlantic soared after US Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke spoke out.

And some economists forecast the Bank of England may have to RAISE interest rates in the autumn if there are signs of a recovery — to ensure inflation does not spiral out of control.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Jeremy Batstone-Carr, of CHARLES STANLEY, told Sun City: “A rate rise in the fourth quarter is not inconceivable.”

Mr Bernanke — dubbed “Bullish Ben” due to his economic optimism — said the world came close to financial meltdown last year.

But he added: “This decline will begin to moderate and we’ll begin to see a levelling-off.”

He told a US TV show in a rare interview: “We’ll see a recovery beginning next year.”

BULLISH Ben has famously got it wrong before.

As the US housing market hit problems in June 2007, he was not overly concerned.

He insisted: “The troubles in the sub-prime sector seem unlikely to seriously spill over to the broader economy or the financial system.”

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So the Federal Reserve are Saying that there will be a recovery next year.

I don't know if to believe this or not seeing as these were the ones who engineered the crisis, it should be them who would know when a recovery will be. (Whenever They Want)!

But on the other hand they ARE bare-faced liars, maybe they are trying to trick people into a false sense of security? The article also says stocks have been rising and the British housing market is set for recovery.

Has anyone got any information on stocks in the last few days?

Is CHARLES STANLEY part of Morgan & Stanley?

Does anyone know who he did the interview for?

Anyone have any information on this guy?

These are questions I feel are worth asking, if anyone has any information or thoughts please share!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well, if you believe him I'd say now is the time to buy up all those cheap stocks that were trading at such high prices a year or two ago.

Hey, why not play their game? I hear citigroup is cheap right now

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yes, the recovery will start next year. The world economy will be booming, no one will be hungry, oh, and BB just increased the chocolate ration to 20 grams!!!

Serious, does anyone actually listen to Bernanke and belive him anymore?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ofcourse, the fed says it'll get better next year, and they will manufacturer some sort of balance to help the markets increase and restore our faith in their ability.

Then when they have us all under their veil they'll tear it out from underneath us again, and again and again. That's what they've always done, that's what they will continue doing so long as they are in charge.

The manufacture and toy with our economy for their political elitist and monetary agenda.

~KEeper

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I wonder if they will use their own private funds or influence to simply prop up the market.

After all, I think while there are only a small percentage of influential stockholders, that group still holds a large (majority?) percentage of total assets in the market.

So, they could simply craft an illusionary (sp?) recovery, since they are a force into themselves, and mom and pop investors are only second wheels with no real power.

I wonder if they are realizing that there is an growing backlash and that they have a chance of forever losing their power and influence to an 'awakening' populace frustrated with their fraud and theft, so they are attempting an recovery in an effort to prolong the torture for another generation, so to speak.

Are they trying to defuse the anger and talk of total disobedience? Did they realize they went too far, and are trying to buttress up whatever influence they still have to avoid their world collapsing onto them?

top topics

join