It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opportunities missed this month... This is so painful.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
SIRI was at .06 a few weeks ago, and today it is up to .33

That hurts.

Last week AIG was at .39 and today it is at .92

Citigroup got down to a 1.00 and now it is at 2.50

GM got down to 1.45 and now it is at 2.50

Anybody want to add more to this list?.... it keeps on going.

I'm just mad at I didn't invest a few hundred dollars into SIRI when I had the chance...

I missed so many opportunities.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I'm just mad at I didn't invest a few hundred dollars into SIRI when I had the chance... I missed so many opportunities.

Ya' know - there indeed was opportunity there...

Opportunity to make some cash and opportunity to eat it big time...

Risk/Reward is a sketchy thing, and since hindsight is 20/20, unlike the present, your only thought should be to look for the same market patterns that affected those stocks and try and duplicate it in the future...

But don't beat yourself up over it...imagine if you had and it went the other way. What would be the title of that thread..?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I know how you feel.. I posted an article about Citi being under $1, and we just got both tax returns back and I debated with the woman whether or not to throw a few K at Citi...

Well needless to say we didn't, and we didn't get that sweet return. I did pay off a few credit cards.......... yay.....

Still tho, don't be to down mate, this is short term .. the irrationality of the markets says companies like Citi might see $1 again shortly.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm not a market genius or anything, but I would start looking at up and coming companies that will take the place of Citi and AIG. They are not going to last forever even with us pumping 100's of billions of dollars into them.

As soon as we get out of this mess Citi, BofA, AIG won't be used by companies anymore. There will be other banks to fill the void and the gov will have wasted billions of tax payer money.

I know how you feel though 150% return would have been some nice coin.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
AIG is up another 40 cents!!!

from 0.35 to 1.35 !!!!!!

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Big opportunity missed!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The past 10 days has been a suckers rally in my unprofessional opinion. There is absolutely nothing indicating that any of these companies are good investment opportunities when it comes to stability and forecasts. That means that day traders are likely short selling the crap out of the market.

Expect the dow to close somewhere over 7400 within the next week or three, then a drop to the 6000's by late April or early May. I have to re-read "It's Just Time" by Martin Armstrong because that does explain a lot and I think right now would be a good time to test some of his theory. IIRC (and based on the work of somebody else) the rally we will hit by May will be very strong and will likely get the dow back up to the 9000 or even 10000 mark for awhile.

So if you feel that you have missed the opportunities, don't worry. This suckers rally is as irrational as they come so just stay away unless you are really confident you know the next move.

A wise person would read up on Armstrong's work and do some calculations to see when a real bottom is in. Then test the theory and if things follow your modeling, then you can invest with more confidence when the market dips lower again. We are by no means at a true bottom and that true bottom may not hit until late summer or beyond. An intermediate bottom is what I expect in late April or early May.

Think about it this way, (my little theory derived from the other theories I have been researching):
The stock markets and global economy is a product of human action. It is almost purely human. Humans are from nature. Despite all we know and love about manifest destiny and free choice, we do operate in certain discrete patterns. The markets are an aggregate of these human patterns, and it can be predicted. So no matter how we think we can manipulate this mysterious 'free' entity like the stock market, remember that it is merely a product of human function. It will do what it is destined to do.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Its called Momentum Trading...

the psychology factor has more gravitas than the 30%-100% increases.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I started a thread early March:

Global Meltdown is Over. Now is time to make Money.

I attracted so many negative comments from many who did not believe me saying there are lots of opportunity now to make money. Since then the marked has tripled its value. Now I am having an enormous pleasure posting I TOLD YOU SO to all those who said I was foolish.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by rattan1]

new topics

top topics

join