It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They've Seen the Future and Dislike the Present

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

They've Seen the Future and Dislike the Present

www.nytimes.com

Two hours into Z-Day, the educational forum associated with the online movie “Zeitgeist,” Peter Joseph, the film’s director and the evening’s M.C., stepped out from behind his lectern and walked forward earnestly on the stage.

Mr. Joseph had been lecturing for nearly 90 minutes on the unsustainable nature of the money-based economy — on cyclical consumption, planned obsolescence, corporate malfeasance and piles of poisonous waste. “It’s time that we wake up,” he intoned, speaking solemnly through a wireless clip-on mike. “The doomsday scenario, the big contraction, might be happening right now. The system of monetary exchange is — in the face of advancing technology — completely obsolete.”

This drew wild applause from the sold-out crowd, a patchwork of perhaps 900 people who paid $10 a head on Sunday night to sit in a packed auditorium at the Borough of Manhattan Community College on Chambers Street near the West Side Highway. Z-Day events were taking place from New England to New Zealand, but this was the big one: the marquee happening with the marquee names.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Zeitgeist Orientation Presentation
Zeitgeist Addendum Released
So... Who's Going to Join the Zeitgeist Movement??

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
HOORAY..... GO Zetigeist.

10 out of 10 for you.. Not only were you sold out, not only are you actually helping people wake up, not only is your message loud and clear, but the New York Times reported on it too.

WOOT!!!!

450 sister events in 70 countries around the globe.

rock their socks... I am so up for this.. We really do need a change and as some have stated here on ATS, this is the best model seen by any for a very long while...

As the evening came to a close, someone finally asked: So what would it take to actually put such a program into action? A grassroots movement, Mr. Joseph said.

“We already have a quarter-million members,” he insisted from the stage. “At the rate things are going, this will be at Madison Square Garden next year.”

And I'm one of those quarter million...

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I will be most interested in the MSM's inbound rebuttal and how it will be orchestrated.

Pieces on National Geographic, and the Discovery Channel, Commentary from the 700 Club, A couple of articles in US News and World Report, and Time....

It should be interesting.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Those nut 'Conspiracists' again, apparently... Along the same lines as the report being referred to in the Bilderburg thread.

I wouldn't doubt if the MSM would ALSO put a picture of Ron Paul's face in the articles, for the reader to look at while reading about those 'Conspiracist' nutjobs.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

I bet you're right!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
To be honest, I am stunned at the massive impression that the Zeitgeist movement is making... All they've done (as far as most are aware) is create a few videos for the internet, yet the message itself seemed to be waiting for its ultimate delivery system, the internet.

I guess TPTB were just a bit too late in controlling what we see and do on the net and good job too...

This must be a massive ego boost for veryone involved... congrats all.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Im burninig DVD´s like crazy! Jacques is 93? Wooow...

You can call me a grasshopper!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Zeitgeist = death to capitalism, the creation of a nation in which the citizen (or eventually machine) creates the wealth of ones own destiny. Long live this concept.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Bit short of cash to buy up a load of blank DVDs to send out the the video, but I sure as heck am giving out the link.

And yes, we would create our own destiny, but we would also be teaching our own kids true facts, true life and true skills, who will, in turn teach us and their own children..

We would ll learn, grow and expand from each other at a much faster rate than at any point in our known history.

top topics

join