It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 1388 To Reauthorize and Reform the National Service Laws.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

H.R. 1388 To Reauthorize and Reform the National Service Laws.

thomas.loc.gov

Directs the Corporation to plan pilot programs to: (1) better target and serve displaced workers; and (2) establish a centralized electronic citizenship verification system which would allow the Corporation to share employment eligibility information with the Department of Education.

Authorizes the Corporation to treat September 11th annually as a National Day of Service and Remembrance.

Establishes within the Investment for Quality and Innovation program: (1) a ServeAmerica Fellowships program providing fellowships to individuals chosen by states to participate in service projects addressing certain areas of national need; (2) a Silver Scholarship Grant Program providing scholarships to individuals age 55 or older who complete at least 500 hours of service in a year in an area of national need; and (3) an Encore Fellowships program providing one-year fellowships to individuals age 55 or older who serve in areas of national need and receive training to transition to public service employment. Makes ServeAmerica fellows eligible for national service educational awards.

Authorizes the Corporation to provide grants to innovative and model service programs, including those for disadvantaged youth, youth under age 17, and potential recidivists.

Eliminates federal funding for the Points of Light Foundation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Working Link

Edited to add working link

[edit on 3/18/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well, it seems that the first stage to introduce the mandatory service that Obama, and Rham have been talking about is at it's first stage.

Even in the first stage, the bill calls those who are in power of this new Civil Service THE CORPORATION.

Under this new Civil Service, currrent Community-Based learn and Serve programs are eliminated. Which unless I am incorrect means that ALL of the current Community type service are eliminated for the new one in which THE CORPORATION, which is not named, is in power.

Eliminates the current Community-Based Learn and Serve programs.
Establishes an Education Awards Only program authorizing the Corporation for National and Community Service (Corporation) to provide fixed-amount grants to programs that have approved national service positions, but no AmeriCorps funding.

This is just unbelievable...

thomas.loc.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

Link

[edit on 17-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

[edit on 3/18/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
so who else thinks that people will be much more willing to do this in a falling economy as opposed to a thriving one?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is just unbelievable.

If this bill passes it means THE CORPORATION has total control over all Community Service and Learn based Programs, which means they can indoctrinate America's youth into what they should learn, and think.

Also this program will give the CORPORATION the decision on which youths should have jobs in Civil Service. If you embrace the indoctrination the CORPORATION is planning, you will have the better jobs...

Since all current Community Service and Learn based programs will be eliminated under this bill, it means that THE CORPORATION will be in control and can introduce more Community Service programs, and learn based programs.

People, you need to contact your representatives, instead of just talking about it in a forum, and send emails to everyone of your representatives, and even the White House.

This bill should not exist in our Republic...

Not only is the Federal Reserve a private CORPORATION, but now they are trying to give power to the CORPORATION on all Community Service, and all learn based programs in the United States of America....

There is also the fact that the CORPORATION will have the power over all health, and Environmental issues.

Includes among eligible AmeriCorps programs: (1) an Education Corps to address unmet educational needs; (2) a Healthy Futures Corps to address unmet health needs; (3) a Clean Energy Corps to address unmet environmental needs; and (4) a Veterans Corps to address the unmet needs of veterans and their families.

They are trying to make it sound like something good since they add some incentives that seem to help people in need, but include the fact that THE CORPORATION will have control over how healthy a person should be, and will make whatever changes the CORPORATION has in mind in order to "meet environmental needs"....

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Of course, don't forget the

...centralized electronic citizenship verification system...

So everyone will be in this CENTRALIZED electronic citizenship verification system....

Anyone want to cheer some more?......

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
One more thing I just noticed...

There are 2 versions of Bill Number H.R.1388 for the 111th Congress

Thomas.loc

I will be reading to see what this second version of this bill has in it...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The potential for this "Corporation" is astounding. Can you imagine the revenue it will create for the federal government? Poor States, they have no more power to help their own people.

The timing is near-perfect.

Protest this and find out you kids will be collecting garbage on the side of the road for three years...

THEIR kids, on the other hand, will be interning at Bank of America. Or at least crew chiefs.

I'm going to go throw up.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Here is a link to the entire bill introduced to the House.

Thomas.loc

and here is a link to the bill reported to the House.

Thomas.loc

It is a LOOOONG bill, but in essence it makes Community Service MANDATORY/REQUIRED, just as the Obama websites stated until they decided to delete those parts because people were beginning to catch up as to what is in store for the United States, and of course gives all the power to the CORPORATION.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Its a small step towards the over all goal of slavery.

I would have ZERO problem with mandatory military conscription between the ages of 18-20. Serve a term of 2 years learning what it is like to defend your country. An entire generation would learn not to take Freedom for granted.

However, mandatory CIVIL service is just plain slavery. I can't stand behind it.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I haven't been able to read the whole thing, on either one of the two bills introduced, however, I have been reading statements such as.

It is the sense of Congress that the number of participants in the programs authorized under subtitle C, including the Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA) and the National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC), should grow to reach 250,000 participants by 2014.'.

So in the bill they are introducing not only volunteer programs but also the National Civilian Community Corps, the same ones Obama said should be as powerful as the military, and have the same training as the military.

They also seem to want at least 250,000 people in these programs by 2014.

I will see what else I find in the bills.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It gets worse and worse the more I read this bill.

BTW, if you are in a private school, or belong to a native American tribe, don't think you will be exempt from this....

SEC. 115. PARTICIPATION OF STUDENTS AND TEACHERS FROM PRIVATE SCHOOLS.

`(a) In General- To the extent consistent with the number of students in the State, Territory, or Indian tribe or in the school district of the local educational agency involved who are enrolled in private nonprofit elementary and secondary schools, such State, Territory, Indian tribe, or agency shall (after consultation with appropriate private school representatives) make provision--

`(1) for the inclusion of services and arrangements for the benefit of such students so as to allow for the equitable participation of such students in the programs implemented to carry out the objectives and provide the benefits described in this part; and

`(2) for the training of the teachers of such students so as to allow for the equitable participation of such teachers in the programs implemented to carry out the objectives and provide the benefits described in this part.

`(b) Waiver- If a State, Territory, Indian tribe, or local educational agency is prohibited by law from providing for the participation of students or teachers from private nonprofit schools as required by subsection (a), or if the Corporation determines that a State, Territory, Indian tribe, or local educational agency substantially fails or is unwilling to provide for such participation on an equitable basis, the Chief Executive Officer shall waive such requirements and shall arrange for the provision of services to such students and teachers. Such waivers shall be subject to the requirements of sections 9503 and 9504 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 7883 and 7884).

Thomas.loc

So not only will students be indoctrinated by the CORPORATION, but so will be teachers, which includes private schools, and native America tribes, and of course the CORPORATION has the final say.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Finally found one of the first sections which clearly states this will be REQUIRED Service...

SEC. 1302. REQUIRED AND ELIGIBLE NATIONAL SERVICE PROGRAMS.

Section 122 is amended to read as follows:

`SEC. 122. NATIONAL SERVICE PROGRAMS ELIGIBLE FOR PROGRAM ASSISTANCE.

`(a) Required National Service Corps- The recipient of a grant under section 121(a) and each Federal agency operating or supporting a national service program under section 121(b) shall, directly or through grants or subgrants to other entities, carry out or support the following national service corps, as full- or part-time corps, including during the summer months, to address unmet educational, health, veteran, or environmental needs:

Thomas.loc

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The Coming Anarchy

This book is a must read. It talks about this very subject, with governments failing, people turn to corporations for protection and law and order. BTW this book was first published in 1994, its amazing to see how much has and is coming true.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hey OP

Got a link or bill that works?

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Criskahta]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The links only work for a time, they are not permanent links, just do a search on H.R. 1388 on Thomas.loc.gov.

For some reason every one of the links is only temporary.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here is the main link.

thomas.loc.gov...

Make sure to select "Bill Number", write "H.R. 1388" and hit enter.

To find every section I excerpted you have to make a search. Write a section of the statement I excerpted, and click search.

Once you find the main link for this bill, the complete two bills can be found under "Text of Legislation".

To find the summary just click on "CRS Summary" on the main link to the bill.

I have no control over how long a link stays open. You have to do some work yourself to read the bills.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Great find. It's obvious , with the Rahm Emmanuel book ``Big Ideas For America`` he talked about conscription Israeli style for everyone, 18-25 and even more.

The state will be the provider for everyone. It's kinda fascist-communist. It's DISGUSTING.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
First of all let me say, that OBAMA should be impeached, thrown out of office, along with Guithner, (who by the way was the point man who came up with the original rescue plan for AIG) along with every other Democrate who wants to turn this country into another "Chavez" run country...Okay..I feel a little better..Now, I have a question that I have not seen.. Lets say they pass the National Civil Service, and your required to serve 3 yrs..What happens when we say "NO, we will NOT serve?"
Is this what the FEMA camps are for? If so..I guess I'll be either there or dead, because I will NOT serve this President and his corrupt party..

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I don't know about you people but this reeks of Nazi type of propaganda.

Are we heading that path and the new gestapo is to take over, now will be under "corporation" tittle?

What in the hell is Obama doing?

I think I will go and join Max and trow up also.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread OP!
This is some truly scary stuff here, i mean c'mon mandatory
civil service under the guidance of THE CORPORATION? Whaaaaat???
The federal government is out of control, this not only threatens the individual liberties that we enjoy here in the U.S., but also the sovereignty of state and local governments. Obviously this whole bill is completely unconstitutional, but will the puppets in Congress actually stand up for our rights? What a frightening prospect, if this goes through we will be slaves to the system, even moreso than we are now. First they'll push this through, and with that electronic system of monitoring the populace I doubt if the RFID chips would be far behind. I'm going to go read this stupid bill right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join