It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Borat joins the Alabama National Guard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I am still LMAO over this one. With all the negative news out there right now, I thought I would share this with the members here. We could use a chuckle.

Not really much of a conspiracy, but here it is...

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — The actor best known as "Borat" tricked the Alabama National Guard into allowing him onto a post, giving him a military uniform and briefly letting him train _ all, supposedly, for a German TV documentary.

The ruse, which included comedian Sacha Baron Cohen exposing his thong underwear while changing clothes, was going well until a young cadet recognized Cohen and notified older officers who weren't familiar with the actor.

"It's an embarrassment to the Alabama National Guard," Staff Sgt. Katrina Timmons said Monday. "Since then we have put in protocols to make sure this doesn't happen again."

Full article:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.h2dj.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
nothing against borat. it's pretty good and it grows on you.

*%& claw!

but you should reference sasha baron either by his name or by ali g. borate pales in comparison to ali g.

watch any of his vids on youtube it'll blow your face off. his kobe bryant interview comes to mind.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sasha Baron Cohen is awesome. I love Borat- it's one of my all-time favorite movies. Cohen is a genius at getting people to expose their true selves- and the characters he develops are hilarious, the more offensive, the better. There aren't very many people in popular culture who are so willing to get in peoples' faces- to push all the buttons they can think of. I'm really looking forward to the "Bruno" movie. Good stuff.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Did anyone see the title of the movie he's doing?

The reported title is "Bruno: Delicious Journeys Through America For The Purpose Of Making Heterosexual Males Visibly Uncomfortable In The Presence Of A Gay Foreigner In A Mesh T-Shirt."

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
He's a smart guy... one of my favourite bits was when he interviewed an FBI official...

Ali G: "So, you work for tha eff bee....?"
FBI guy: "I"
Ali G: "AYYYYYY!"

top topics

join