It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lose your property for growing food? Big Brother legislation could mean prosecution, fines up to $1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Lose your property for growing food? Big Brother legislation could mean prosecution, fines up to $1 million

www.worldnetdaily.com

Some small farms and organic food growers could be placed under direct supervision of the federal government under new legislation making its way through Congress.

House Resolution 875, or the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009, was introduced by Rosa DeLauro, D-Conn., in February. DeLauro's husband, Stanley Greenburg, works for Monsanto – the world's leading producer of herbicides and genetically engineered seed.

DeLauro's act has 39 co-sponsors and was referred to the House Agriculture Committee on Feb. 4. It calls for the creation of a Food Safety Administration to allow the government to regulate food production at all levels – and even mandates property seizure, fines of up to $1 million per offense and criminal prosecution for producers, manufacturers and distributors who fail to comply with regulations.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.opednews.com
www.thomas.gov

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Holy Guacamoleee!!!!!!!!

"Every time we pass a rule or a law or a regulation to make the world a better place, it seems like what we do is subsidize production offshore," he said. "We tell farmers they can no longer drive diesel tractors because they make bad smoke. Well, essentially what we're doing is giving China a subsidy to grow our crops for us, or Mexico or anyone else."

In addition to everything else this, from the article, makes a very good point. This is forced globalism to say the least.
But I don't think it's the biggest issue.

I remember when I was a kid watching the jetsons and they used to have superfood, I was like "wow I can't wait".
Now I feel competely different, I don't want that superfood, I just want food!

read the additional news links as well, there's some interesting insights.

On the other hand we have Ron Paul

Madame Speaker, I rise to introduce legislation that allows the transportation and sale in interstate commerce of unpasteurized milk and milk products, as long as the milk both originates from and is shipped to states that allow the sale of unpasteurized milk and milk products. This legislation removes an unconstitutional restraint on farmers who wish to sell unpasteurized milk and milk products, and people who wish to consume unpasteurized milk and milk products.
www.lewrockwell.com...

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
FYI.....

There's an established thread on this topic here .

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
As mentioned there is an existing thread on this topic.

Please add to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

-thread closed-

new topics

top topics

join