It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Halo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Seriously you guys are scraping at the bottom of the barrel. So you have a few pictures out of the hundreds of thousands of Obama and say that they are potraying him as the one because he has what some perceive as a halo around his head.
This is a little TOO fringe for me, I'm taking off the tin foil for this one.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Yeah, that's all there is out there on Obama.....he's perfect, you Obama lovers have finally broken me......

Obama's perfect, he has never done anything fishy, nor does he (or has he) associate(d) with anyone that does.....oh, wait a minute...my Mother told me not to lie, so I retract that last statement.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by scrubsnstuffkim

Yeah, peace in the middle east or him being harmed and surviving.

Thats the two things.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
Seriously you guys are scraping at the bottom of the barrel. So you have a few pictures out of the hundreds of thousands of Obama and say that they are potraying him as the one because he has what some perceive as a halo around his head.
This is a little TOO fringe for me, I'm taking off the tin foil for this one.

Exactly what I was thinking. This thread is a waste of bandwidth IMO. THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE! I'm sure one can find several pics of many different Presidents with this same "halo" effect. When will the anti-Obama silliness stop around here?

I didn't vote for Obama nor am I a 'Democrat'. But seriously, what's with all the doltish anti-Obama crap on ATS lately.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

ME? An Obama Lover? haha. Maybe you should go to my profile and click on the posts button and see exactly what I think about Obama.

Just because I don't accept your conspiracy theory doesn't make me an Obama lover. It's called being objective, I suggest you do the same instead of finding anything you can to bash Obama, obviously some here have an agenda that doesn't involve denying ignorance.

And I see your are deflecting because your OT failed and it's all a bunch of hoohaa, so of course you change the topic to:

"Obama's perfect, he has never done anything fishy, nor does he (or has he) associate(d) with anyone that does.....oh, wait a minute...my Mother told me not to lie, so I retract that last statement."

Holler at me when you find something worth discussing.

Peace.

[edit on 3/18/2009 by Uniceft17]

[edit on 3/18/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
Here is a small excerpt from Obamamessiah on religion.

He certainly does not understand scripture.

Im not gonna turn around and say who I think he is.

But I have my eye on him for many reasons to say the least.

Two more moves and ill call it.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

do you really think he would understand scripture? he was fed racist white hate for 20 years.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
[("and that other guy"....that's some funny s**t!!)]

I remember his name now... Karzai... Unique halo, eh?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

do you really think he would understand scripture? he was fed racist white hate for 20 years.

By his white mom who raised him? Or by his black dad who wasn't there?

Drop the race stuff, its getting old.

And this is simply a phenomena that occurs in the world of photojournalism. Editors, who are in charge of picking the images to use in publications, know the various rules of geometry and space, and what makes an attractive image. An image with the president's head smack in the middle of the presidential seal, for example, has a very pleasing quality to the eye. This is why the image of a halo became so popular back when Orthodox Christians first began using iconography in churches.

And, like other posters have pointed out, you can find this effect being used for all different figures, all over the world, in all sorts of publications, paper or digital. You found 5 of Obama, way to go.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I found this one!!!!

But in all honesty, I had to really dig through a google search of the name Obama to find it buried deep in the search amoungst hundreds of non-halo pictures.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
here's some of Bush's halos...

And that other guy...

Thanks, I was gonna post those if someone else had not, I even found one of McCain with the halo behind him. and Bush.

OMG, maybe it really is POLITICIANS trying to instill the belief that politicians are godly, instead of one specific person, I would be far more likely to believe that one.

Nah, I really think it has to do with the fact that the presidential seal and USA/State flags are USUALLY behind or beside the podium that the president uses for speeches.

Personally, I see more Obama "haters" claiming that Obama is the "messiah" than those who support Obama. I would guess I have missed it, as I have NEVER known/met anyone who truly believed that Obama was anything other than.........a human man.

I guess some people have to keep the hate going.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join