It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Experiences, Seeded Subconscious, or Active Imagination?--Please Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hello! I've been reading the contents of this board for the past couple of months, and I'm impressed with the level of research and seriousness that many people here give to the UFO/alien/paranormal phenomenon. Because of this, I feel safe enough to post some rather strange experiences that I've been having lately. I feel in my heart that these experiences will be taken seriously within this community because some things cannot be discussed in 'normal' circles without people pulling away or thinking a person is crazy. Forgive me for burdening you, but I need help ascertaining what may be going on in the event that it isn't just my imagination.

For the past couple of months, I have been obsessed with the topic of UFOs, aliens, 2012, etc. I think what started my obsession is when I stumbled upon a youtube video about how the government has the technology to holographically fake the second coming of Christ and how this technology has already been used to trick Muslim prisoners into thinking that they are speaking to Allah in order to obtain information from them. Needless to say, I was floored by the realization that our government has this technology and may even have plans to use it to bring about the New World Order.

To make a long story short, not long after I started researching this information, I had what scientist call 'sleep paralysis' where I consciously woke up and was unable to move. Fortunately, I saw no entities of any kind that are sometimes reported as abductions (and may well be). I recall seeing my body as if I had temporarily disconnected from myself somehow, and I wasn't afraid. I was actually elated by this because it confirmed my belief that we are indeed spirit within our bodies. A couple of nights later, I don't know if I had some type of 'lucid dream', possible abduction, or a nightmare, but I vividly recall floating in my kitchen. I tried to scream out, but I couldn't. I somehow remembered from some of my research that praying would stop an abduction if one were indeed taking place (not saying that it was). I started to pray and was 'zapped' back into my body or woke up (I'm not sure which) suddenly with my heart racing and out of breath. The odd thing about these scenarios is that I've never experienced sleep paralysis nor been able to consciously interact within a 'dream'. I always thought that kind of stuff was hogwash or that I wasn't one of those people smart enough or enlightened enough to be able to do it.

Last night, I felt a compulsion to look outside the door at the sky like I've been doing for the past couple of months trying to see something/anything in the sky. When I opened the door, I heard a series of tones or beeps to my left, and the dogs started barking and ran in that direction. I became frightened and shut the door.

I'm also having strange dreams about planets, mathematics, snakes, etc. Does this sound like I'm having paranormal experiences or could it be that my subconscious has been seeded with all that I've been reading? Is it just my imagination? I'd truly like any serious input on this matter. I consider myself a logical, sane, open-minded individual-- for the most part anyway.
I appreciate any help. Thank you for your time.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by gazerstar]

[edit on 17-3-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
While it is possible for your subconscious to trick you, it is possible that some of these experiences are genuine. Sleep Paralysis is quite common and can be disturbing depending on what your experience is. My suggestion if you doubt yourself is to keep something around to get proof for yourself if the things you experience are real. there are many cheap and small audio recording devices you could find and carry around with you in case you hear something you are not sure is real.

when you have doubts.. get proof.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

Nephra Tari`s suggestion , is a great one. Stumbling around for a pen and paper halve asleep, in an attempt to record something is not ideal. But a relatively cheap voice recorder ...... just the ticket.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Many natural herbs can help you control dreams, and stop the helpless-feeling, if that's what you're experiencing. Try some elderberry at night, and dark chocolate in the daytime, to start out with, and see if you have more control over your dreams after a few nights.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Greetings,

Something struck me immediately about your post;

"Be the change you wish to see in the world. ~ Ghandi"

The more we open ourselves to these and other alternatives, the more mindful we need be or the possibilities will start manifesting ... exponentially?

I would heartily reccommend taking some 'quiet time' (meditation?)
and reflect upon these experiences; eg. what attracts/repels?
Where do you feel inclined to move onward, and where to take more time in focussed consideration?

The more we wish, the more we change and thus manifest in our world -
myndful exploration can assist in expressing more clearly our wish to the cosmos.

At least, that's how it feels to me these days... bon chance!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar

Hello! I've been reading the contents of this board for the past couple of months . . .

For the past couple of months, I have been obsessed with the topic of UFOs, aliens, 2012, etc. . .

. . . not long after I started researching this information, I had what scientist call 'sleep paralysis' . . .

Last night, I felt a compulsion to look outside the door at the sky like I've been doing for the past couple of months . . .

. . . could it be that my subconscious has been seeded with all that I've been reading?

It appears to me, from the information given, that you have pretty well already decided on the most logical answer.

However, that being said, I strongly feel that paranormal events of this nature (UFOs, Aliens, Paranormal - I personally don't think much of the HAARP stuff or NWO, though) can be real and are experienced by most at some point in their lives, albeit infrequently for the most part.

You're fortunate that you've thus far received some pretty good advice and serious replies. Occasionally, the readings and thought you begin with a new subject may not be the catalyst; rather, it may be the result.

Good luck with your search.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecpatl
the more mindful we need be or the possibilities will start manifesting ... exponentially?

One of the Universal Laws states the things you think and do end up happening. Mentioned more in that movie "The Secret". Meaning if you think and believe in something hard enough something will happen concerning it or something like it. They manifest.

new topics

top topics

join