It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the World any diffrent from the earliest recorded word's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I think of ole england..i think of people selling vegtable's apple's they grew ect for a living.
People do that to this day.

Money changer's was in jesus's time ..He threw them out of the church.
They are still here to this day wall street and all the bank's.

Astronomer's go all the way back to pre recorded history..stone henge Mayans ect..even egypt.

Doctor's..witch doctor's shaman's vodoo priest's.. allways been some sort of medicine...

Name in one way we As a world are any different And BETTER OFF than let's say with the Mayan's..or Egyptians..
Or the oldest thing you can think off.

We are no better off in my opinion..Different crap same story.

EWWW we can talk to billions globally now instantly.
But we can also kill billion's instantly with nuclear war.

Relegion's are still here from the stone age.lol
People cutting heads off women ..burning church's that draw cartoons of there god.
Mass killing in the name of there lord...Happen before Did it not.

Nothing is any different after millions of year's..faces changed but still same old drama.
If there is a god no wonder he get's mad.. all this time as humans and we do nothing but repeat or bad flaw's instead of fixing them.

Man is not inherently good...Man is inherently evil.

No man that has walked on this planet has been without a sin or 2...Prooves the fact.
Our own thought's betray us in time's of solitude.

Life is not in circle's..If one truly stop's following the path other's lay out.

Can anyone explain how life is so great or better than in the oldest recorded history?
thanks for the reply's.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I don't think the world is better. I think it is worse. Technology has made it worse. It was convienent at first, and still is for the most part, but according to documented history the same problems have always been here and technology is only making the human race be more destructive than any other time in history.

But then again, none of use were here back then so all the books could be lies and the world could of been completely different then we think it was.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tgreen2103

Ughh you buy into the old civilizations were places of eden mentality,technology has brought us wonderful things and continues to do so.Much like early man first created the spear that could be used to efficiently kill its prey,but could also be used for evil purposes.Technology has ALWAYS been part in part with the human species,its what we do...we dont have the physical attributes to survive any other way,so we use our mind to develop tools ie technology to survive.You will never escape that..

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
science has pros and cons.

pros -

any surgery requiring the removal of organs or blood transfusions could not be done w/o modern technology. pregnancy, bacterial infections, viruses, broken limbs were all dealt with before hand. no remedy to bacterial infections isn't natural or can't be solved with a double dose of mold. pregnancy is self explanitory. there are no cures for viruses. broken bones could be self set and plus seeing the hobbling cripples would deter people from doing stupid thing. 90% of all hospital visits can be avoided by drinking water on a regular basis and eating healthy. plus tons of people get staff etc while visiting hospitals. not to mention the tube shoved in your bladder and then the bill.

exploration has been greatly enhanced. this is a good thing. at least for inspiration's sake.

education could go either way. it's hard to say whether this is a pro or a con.

mass media is an overall negative. it makes us complacent by being aware of things that we will never do anything about.

personal transportation is only amusing for teenagers. for everyone else it's simply to go back and forth to work and to help acquire life's necessities.

computer technology is a 99% pro with 1% negative for all the workers that were replaced.

mass food production is about 50/50. first of all lots of people starve everyday. secondly it'd probably be better if we were more balanced as a whole. but maybe not how would i know?

even with the pros of science it becomes moot when you add war to the picture.

industry
cartography
architecture
landscaping
logistics
tailoring
strategic planning/education
nuclear/biological warfare
food production

just about every facet of humanity you can think of helps support mass slaughter.

all in all i'd say science is about a 70/30 split, leaning towards a con.

dont' get me wrong. i wouldn't trade my a/c for anything.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
We are different, and yes we all carry sins, but those sins we're listed by the very religions that have declared, caused as a third party and profited from countless wars. I think we do not, and should never go backwards in a technological aspect. Our technology is what makes us be, without we could not survive. Our problem is that we have taken a couple of wrong turns here and there, we don't need to destroy or get rid of any technology, what we need to do is say "OK, we're using this for this, why don't we use it for this", we don't need to destroy anything, just change some purposes.

How could we live without our medicines; our homes with heating and numerous protection aspects from the elements; how could we survive with out surgeons prepared to do operations which could save our lives; how could we survive with out some form of economy; how narrow minded and still would the world be without our glorious global communication; how could we survive without our Technology ?

O and in the olden days it was worse than this at times, great bloody wars, burning, sacrificing and hanging people; don't be fooled, those ancient cultures we not free of blood and peace loving, some of them we're bloodier and more destuctive than you relise.

Fox

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by tgreen2103

Ughh you buy into the old civilizations were places of eden mentality,

You couldnt be more wrong. I believe Eden is a myth! I just think that we have created the wrong types of technology. I believe the human race should have to completely understand why it is we are here before it can use technology that it clearly does not understand. Does that make sense? Do you completely understand yourself? If you do, more power to you, and I hope you are currently helping others understand themselves and the human race completely. If you don't understand yourself completely how can you decide to use a technology that you also do not completely understand? Everyone does this and that is a fact but the question is, should humans use technology they dont understand? I think not. Without knowing what can come from the technology that we have we could be putting ourselves in danger. If we know what we as the human race are here for, then we will be able to create technology that helps us reach our goal. But until we understand why we the human race are here, I believe that we are just creating technology that is not needed and not going to help us in the long run.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
well i understand what you're saying but there's a few things off. things are the way the are because they work. we may not like it and it may cause lots of pain and suffering but IT WORKS. don't ever jack with something that works. humanity didn't survive this long by being a race of super geniuses.

we it comes to "choosing" a certain technology it's hard to say. that's a very broad way of putting it. lots of fundamental technology comes from pure experimentation. obviously some technology comes as a choice, cars, printing press, clothing etc but lots of things are random and just happen to be very useful.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If man made a bag of popcorn that automatically pop's itself for survival reason's.
Some man would find a way to make it into a bomb or death machine.

Car's= death trap's
Nuclear power= bomb's

List can go on and on.
So man is evil and anything man make's
will eventually be used to kill.

even if it's a pen..its mightier than the sword.

But i never thought or said primitive people in the beginning lived in a Eden.
Just that we have not changed in any way since then.

So to say we evolve is far fetched .

Remember cave men drawing ...man throw's spear at buffalo or elephant. for food.
We now use gun's to hunt...Oh yeah we have changed so much...

the evidence show we lie to ourself's.
We have not and can not change.
It is ingrained in us as much as breathing .
If we as a whole on this earth was gonna change we would have long before now.
We Have not even gave one thought to it. as a whole.

Science and technology
Science has been around for ever..man make's fire...they figured science out.lol
Technology is just another word for how to destroy earth at a global scale.

Man lived for all this time on earth..without technology...and would continue so if it doesn't exist.
So technology has not helped or made anything better.if anything it made it worse.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Exactly!

You have said what I was trying to say, I just couldn't get it all out and have it make sense. hahaha S&F

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The sad thing is all the technological advancements that we have access to have not globally helped the human condition.

Most of those on this forum have these advancements near us to utilize in our lives.

And most on this forum fail to comprehend that most of the inhabitants of this planet live just like their ancestors did 100 years ago.

new topics

top topics

join