It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collection of nifty weapon videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I did not find any posts with this URL, so here it comes. This link was circulated to me and features some pretty amazing streaming video from the Blackwater group. They are the security company that recently had some employees killing in Iraq.

Blackwater Shootout 2003

One of the clips shows off the P-90 submachinegun. I admire and respect that little device. The videos seem to have the overall theme of "there needs to be some advances in body armor technology"!

76mm High Impulse Weapon System? Ouch!

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The p90 can and will cut you in half, if the guy shooting you knows wht he is doing.
When I play CS (YES I know it is a game) but anyway, if odds are against me, I will use the p90 in a crowd and at least get 2 to 3 kills before they get me.....

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
How can a 5.7x28mm be more powerfull than 5.56x45? I think that iterceptor body armour can withstand 5.56mm round, or not?

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by longbow]

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by longbow]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If you made me guess, I would say it is more of a matter of bullet design than muzzle energy since the FN round is designed to bridge the gap between pistol caliber submachineguns and rifles. Here is a blurb off the FN website:

The SS190 due to its unique design with two inserts, the tip of the ogive has a steel penetrator followed by an aluminum core heavier than the forward tip, will cause the bullet to tumble in soft body tissue after 2 inches of penetration. The SS190 virtually eliminates the risk of over penetration This terminal ballistic behavior will cause large wound cavity and quick incapacitation. The SS190 will perforate 48 layers of Kevlar up to 200 meters when fired from the P90 and achieve the same result up to 50 meters with the FsN handgun. The 5.7 ammunition has only 60% of the recoil impulse of a 9mm. There are four types of ammunition: the duty SS190 (0.41c/round), the tracer L191 (0.69c), the subsonic Sb193 (0.44c) and the training round T194 (0.29c).

That covers Class III & IIIA body armor (the bulky tactical vests for protection against military ball ammo and sporting rifles), but not Level IV which often has the ceramic plates to stop AP rounds (30-.06 and 7.62mm AP). Either way, a 93gr. bullet at 2,300fps is nothing to sneeze at, especially at 900rpm!

FNH USA

-Sorry, you asked about Interceptor specifically. The maker says that it "Exceeds NIJ Level IIIA 9mm protection" without the additional hard inserts (boron carbide) and, if I read correctly, with TAP IV inserts can withstand multiple hits of .30 caliber armor piercing (AP2) rounds at 2850 fps!

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by Spectre]

D

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Love the P90 clip. That little gun sure packs a punch. Never seem to see many countries use the P90.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
o_o

i think that explains enough

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Kick-ass vids Spectre.The last vid is amazing.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PARALYZ
Kick-ass vids Spectre.The last vid is amazing.

I am very, very glad I don't have to pay their ammo bill or clean up after these guys!
Wish I knew someone who could get me an invitation to the 2004 shootout. Yeah, right. Like THAT's gonna happen.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Jack O'neill uses a P90 is stargate sg1

I do like the look of this weapon. Has many add on. Lazer sight and the like.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
i want these videos to work so bad

im getting error messages

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanguard
im getting error messages

They are certainly worth some tinkering to get them to work. What exactly is happening (or NOT happening
)? You do have to have RealPlayer installed and I had to give in and use Internet Explorer since my Mozilla has giving me problems with that page.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
i'm using IE 6, have realplayer installed, and i keep getting the "this page cannot be displayed" error. any idea of what to do?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You guys aren't vrazy. The streaming links on that page seem to be D E A D. Maybe they didn't anticipate the attention they were going to get.

Here is a link to some pages featuring some of the videos, using embedded viewers, that seems to be working (for now!).
Blackwater Shootout 2003 - alternate link

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Great videos!!!! I'm glad I'm not the pot roast

new topics

top topics

join