It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope claims condoms could make African Aids crisis worse

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
John Paul II would have NEVER done something like THIS.
After all the efforts put in order to convince people to PROTECT themselves from infections, here comes the pope claiming that not only it's useless, but it's even dangerous. I thought that the middle ages were history, but it seems i was WRONG. I've never loved this pope, and as an italian it is very hard to admit
Italians are used to love the pope, he's part of our life of every day, he should share feelings of peace, he should try to do his best for the human race, but how in the word can you call this "the best"? This pope has issues, i knew it even before his election. Woah, let it be...

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Well, this "pope" has given final proof that "infallibility" of pope and Church councils is a myth and a lie.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jstine8585
Do you with your hatred believe that Catholic doctrine has not been thoroughly "vetted" in the last 2,000 years? Do you, perhaps, think that there might be a valid point to these doctrines? Rather than simply dismissing them, shouldn't

In absence of anything else, the Catholic Church brought people together who had higher ideas.

However it has become corrupt in those ideas. It has accepted money in forms from criminals and turned the other way. It has shuffled Priests around and moved them to other countries to avoid prosecution. It has funded business's involved in questionable activities in the past such as cigarette makers. It has basically demonstrated that inside the organization is in a position of power and above retribution.

At one time on this planet, such a organization might have been good in lack of anything else. It has resulted in some major works or art and inspirational things. However it has also stifled many people, such as the monks that could levitate and fly to the ceilings and were shuttled off to a small monastery and parked the rest of their life.

It sucks that this organization is also part of your faith, and that is under attack. However you are also a supporter. And for example in WWII Germany, as far as I am concerned those people stood by and did nothing should have been brought to justice as well, not only the people who did something.

By the same measuring stick, you are as well guilty of this, if you continue to allow the organization you are a part of do these things, and you continue to support them with your words.

And because people like yourself are not stepping up, there has to be a overly harsh backlash here, because you are not doing what is right, so it is left to others because you or others like you refuse to take the time to make things right to the world, and those young boys. And money, just does not do it.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
this is only my view but i dont like the pope or his followers

[edit on 21-3-2009 by geopyt] lol

[edit on 21-3-2009 by geopyt]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by geopyt

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Well having read just about every word in this thread I will say the following.

I wish that the Pope and many others in that sort of position would come down to the Orphanage and Aid hospice where I volunteer here in Thailand.

It may indeed help them to one either keep their mouth shut or at least not open it until they have a good idea of what they are talking about.

Indeed... Your efforts are much appreciated.

Thank you for bringing this to the thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by geopyt

That is a bit harsh friend, there are ordinary women and men who extraordinary work in the most needy places and more than a few of them happen to be catholic. But any heirarchy is open to corruption and the catholic hierarchy has been around a long time. I said in an earlier post on this thread that the Catholic church is one of the greatest forces for evil on this planet, I did of course mean ALL organised religion. Give even the smallest congregation that sort of power and they'll be corrupted too.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulOrb

Don't forget providing safe heavens to Argentina for many Catholic Nazi collaborators and priests from Croatia and Germany.

Another fun little tidbit to add to the Vatican's "colourful" history.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I can see this happening if they use the condoms with out instructions and use them like balloons and blow them up, fill them up to carry or throw water and they could use the same condoms over and over again with a different person each time. I can see this happening if cheap condoms are used and they break or leak all the time when having sex.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by amari]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join