It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aids killing African politicians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Aids killing African politicians

www.news24.com

Cape Town - Aids is killing so many politicians in southern Africa that their deaths are threatening the ability of governments to function properly, a researcher said on Tuesday. Over the last eight years, South Africa has seen nearly half of its elected local councillors dying before the age of 50. South Africa has one of the world's highest Aids prevalence, with 5.4 million people affected.
2.6 million registered voters have died since 1999, the majority of them still young.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.timesonline.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Great Africa HIV/AIDS Joke

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
South Africa is preparing for elections in April 2009. With such shocking statistics appearing in the news, one can only wonder how many of the elected politicians will survive their term of office.

These politicians are living like royalty and there is no excuse for them not to take precausion. They obviously are elected because they are intelligent people trusted to manage the country's affairs, but it seems that they are not doing too well in looking after their own health and personal affairs.

Their next president - Jacob Zuma - believing that a shower after sex will protect you from contracting aids - is not the best role model for the youth or other politicians (for that matter).

www.news24.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Still not convinced that AIDS wasn't man-made to wipe out the African populace?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle

It is possible, but what I don't understand is why they don't adjust their lifestyle to prevent contracting it.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
OK, I've got the answer now - the pope says they should not use condoms. See this ATS Thread: ATS Thread

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You don't have to convince me.
Man-made indeed - and not used for good.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yes it certainly seems as though they wanted to take down Africa really quick with this virus and it seems they are finally succeeding.

It's sad to think that even witha ll the aid that goes there on a yearly basis, all of the programs designed to prevent this disease from spreading, and yet it still does like wildfire.

And the church isn't helping either. Then again is Africa mostly Christian? I somehow doubt it, although I believe they had some sort of "love god or die" type situation at some point in their history.

Very sad that the cradle of life is now the center of death in this planet, how far must we fall?

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Most of them are NOT dying of AIDS. AIDS is way over-diagnosed in africa.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ysterlong
[

It is possible, but what I don't understand is why they don't adjust their lifestyle to prevent contracting it.

Africans are like americans - they don't believe in making any sacrifices. Look at all the americans who die because they smoke or are fat or gay.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Africans are like americans - they don't believe in making any sacrifices. Look at all the americans who die because they smoke or are fat or gay.

WHAT?

That may be the most ignorant thing I've EVER HEARD. How many people do you who have died from being GAY? Of all things??

I mean I can understand fat and smoking, but GAY? Really, being gay kills people?

Amazing, simply amazing.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Last I checked anyone can contract this disease, not just African's???

Though I do agree, I am not exactly convinced it's not man made either.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
There is plenty of evidence that aids is man made.
I'm sure there must be a thread on it here at ATS somewhere.
These day chronic anything is classed as aids.
That is why they numbers are so scewed.
As to dying from aids - there are those who think that it it more likely AZT that is killing them. They are already in bad shape from on disease or another - now classed a aids - then they give them one of the most toxic drugs ever to come out of big pharma.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I don't think it's aids that is causing these governments to not function properly.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

And foolishness gives you Ebola-Zaire.

I have to say us S.Africans have read and heard some truly outrageous statements made by this country's politicians on HIV/AIDS, to mention this one subject. In my opinion i could not care less about this useless government killing themselves off by taking showers and eating potatoes as a cure.

Our dumb*** leaders makes headlines more with their pathetic attempts to write AIDS off as myth. Still there are many here dying of this and especially the innocent children, so nothing can be overblown to help ease the pain, illness and suffering of children.

top topics

join