It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A survivalist's story from Argentina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
My friend showed me this and I thought the story itself is just fascinating and there is a wealth of great information in here.

Ferfal's story

I don't know if this has been posted here before or not but it's a really great read. You can take away so much about the behavior of people in a SHTF scenario from a place that has already collapsed.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by merryxmas

Great info. I don't have time to read the whole thing. But know I will finish reading this. My friend and I have the saying, "Plan for the worse, hope for the best." We've been doing just that for the past two years.

This article you posted should help. Just by reading the first two pages I got a few good pointers.

Thanks and good luck.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Jeez, that guy has is sounding like it's Mad Max 1 down in his neck of the woods!

Is he an expat or a local?

Very scary the way he goes on about the 2001 economic collapse in Argentina!

Crime everywhere, body armour while driving his car.
His collegue getting killed (while bringing down 4 of his killers) outside a restaurant etc etc

The MSM sure keeps quiet about this.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

From what I can tell he is a natural citizen of Argentina and his parents are first generation immigrants and they left to go back to Spain where their grandparents had left because of civil war.

It is very crazy stuff. He is very practical about surviving and one of the points he stresses is the most vulnerable times to get robbed or attacked. When you are leaving or entering your house or work is the most crucial time to be aware of thieves and neer do wells. He definitely does stress the body armor portion for driving streets late at night that are in disrepair. It's pretty wild.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by merryxmas

Damn. Great article. I couldn't stop reading FerFAL's article. I passed it on to my family and friends. I do hope they take FerFAL's advice to heart and not "this won't happen to me" attitude.

Luckily, my friend and I have been planning for SHTF scenario for the past 3 years. Slowly we're building up our food reservers, cash, etc. But FerFAL help me confirm a few theories and learn new ideas.

Many thanks!

new topics

top topics

join