It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about .22lr AR conversions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
In light of recent difficulties acquiring ammunition I'm considering a .22lr kit for my AR but I'm concerned about damaging the rifle in anyway.

I've put a lot of time and money into the rifle and have quite a consistent tack driver and I'd hate to cause it any pain or discomfort.

Reason tells me that there shouldnt be any problems and the rifle will function fine but you never know.

Convert or dedicated upper?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

deticated upper. Simple reason is you can switch out the upper to 5.56 in about 18 seconds. If you mod the upper, it will only fire 22lr untill you un-mod. there are plenty of fun 22 rifles out there quite cheap. Only my opinion, but I like the security of knowing I can get 30 rounds of heavy FMJ lead out that quickly. I just hope I never need to.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'd have to agree with the previous poster. I'm no machinist so if it were me I'd get a dedicated upper so that I could convert back and forth. But that's just my own opinion as I don't know anything about modifying my own M4 .223. I'd go the most simple way with a dedicated upper. Then again you may be more familiar with modifications than I am

new topics

join