It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people are just astoundingly stupid!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
As some of you know I work in what is known as a "no tell motel" it's a sleazy little dive in Detroit. I absolutely hate my job, but thanks to this wonderful economy and the fact that there are virtually no jobs anywhere else I am forced to work here. Now at my job, I am required to haggle with every low life drug addict and prostitute that happens through the door and I am routinely told to "not let anyone go without getting a room" I am required to high pressure sell these garbage rooms to people.

Yesterday someone hit the top of idiocy. On Sunday I had this punk check in to one of our Jacuzzi rooms. (Why anyone would want one of these things is beyond me.) The room is $99.95 per night. I haggle and argue and we settle on him paying $90.00 for the room including tax. Fine whatever. I check him in and ask how many people are going to be in the room. He says 2. (I ask this question specifically because for some god knows reason in this area some folks want to bring as many people into one of these rooms as they possibly can.)

Now this idiot wants to try and haggle for a second night for $50.00, I tell him in no uncertain terms no, he has the room for 1 night and if he wants a second night I will give it to him for an additional $90.00. I code a key card for him and hand it to him along with his drivers licence (which I am also required to take a photo copy of)

Now this idiot wants two more key cards. (At this point I comply just to get this little [snip] out of my face) I inform him that he has registered two people to the room and that if he decides to try and throw a party in the room he will be removed from the property without any refund.

He goes to the room and all is quiet for about 5 minutes, he comes down and complains that the tv doesn't work. (lie) I go up with him and discover that in fact the tv does work, but he is really upset that we don't have adult channels. Again he tries unsuccessfully to get the room for $50.00. I tell him if he has any other problems or complaints he can talk to the manager in the morning when he goes to check out at 11 AM.

The rest of the night goes on without incident and I leave for the evening. Yesterday at about 1:30 PM, as I am on the bus heading to go to this hell on Earth that is my job. I get a call from the front desk manager, this idiot is claiming that he paid me $150.00 for two nights. I inform the FD manager that he had paid $90.00 and he is to leave or pay for another night. They proceed to argue until the manager threatens to call the police if he does not leave immediately. (All of the previous nights transactions are recorded by three cameras in the lobby with sound.)

I get there, and all is apparently good, the idiot had left and the room was cleaned by housekeeping. Then the damnedest thing happened...

At approximately 7:55 I am watching the cameras and I recognise this [snip]s hat as he is heading for the room. He gets to the room and goes in! (what he probably did was claim he forgot something in the room and conned the manager to re key a card for him) I close the bullet proof glass and lock the door and head up to the room with a new key for the room. I knock on the door, (nothing, I can see he is at the door by the light from the peep hole dimming and brightening) I again knock on the door and he finally answers. He innocently says, what this is my second night. I inform him I am now calling the police and I will be pressing charges. He leaves with a rather embarrassed lady.

Amazingly the police arrive within a few minutes (in Detroit thats tantamount to a freaking miracle!) I hand them a copy of his drivers licence, and explain what went on.

This is against the Hotel Act in Michigan. And just plain dumb.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Amazing what people try to get away with! Bless you for your patience, WUK. Can't believe he found a "lady" to go to "his" room with him. She was either paid or these are more desperate times than I realize.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
She was either paid or these are more desperate times than I realize.

haha, probably both are correct.

Some people are just morons. How he thought he would get away with using a room that he has not rented for a second night and no one finding out about it is beyond me.

Good for you on handling this nerd as well as you did. I am not anywhere near as patient with jerks like that...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You've described some of the idiocy that has gone on in the past and it amazes me that you can stay as calm as you have. All I can say is that I applaud your sense of calmness. If it's any thought, you must have a heck of a lot of stories that you could tell and it would make for interesting party chatter. Hehe.

new topics

top topics

join