It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputies fighting Mexican drug war in ABQ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Deputies fighting Mexican drug war in ABQ

www.kob.com

It's about 250 miles away, but Bernalillo County Sheriff Darren White says the drug war in Juarez, Mexico is spilling over to the Albuquerque-area.
"Right now, believe me, I'm not pleased, and I'm not going to sit here and paint some rosy picture because it's just not there. There is a high amount of violence in our city and our state, and much of it has to do with drugs and that is directly connected to the cartels," White said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The Story goes on to tell of one 53-year-old Danny Baca who was shot more than 20 times out on the West Mesa before his body was burned. Authorities believe it was all a result of Baca double-crossing one of the Mexican cartels in Juarez, Investigators say Baca took a load of marijuana to Albuquerque instead of dropping it off in El Paso.

Everyday it creeps just a little bit more into our country

www.kob.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The US Government has allowed this insurgency to begin and we do nothing, We The People. They allow these thugs to roam our streets and the police form piss ant 'task forces' to deal with the problem.

I have a question, when is enough, enough? When will Americans do something that the inept in Washington cannot do! When will we finally show some backbone!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I still find it very strange that such an issue would crop up now. There are old reports of ex Central American military and rebels being infused into the United States. Perhaps the facade of a "spill over drug war" is a pretext for this kind of "invasion" leading to rationals of martial law, news blackouts and roundups of civilians?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack
The US Government has allowed this insurgency to begin and we do nothing, We The People. They allow these thugs to roam our streets and the police form piss ant 'task forces' to deal with the problem.

I have a question, when is enough, enough? When will Americans do something that the inept in Washington cannot do! When will we finally show some backbone!

That kind'a begs the question: "What exactly have you done?".

When is enough, enough?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Well, I have turned in employers to ICE and I am politically active. Email campaigns, documenting places where illegals congregate, and I have coached youth boxing and wrestling for programs targeting 'at risk' kids.

I no longer coach the youth programs do to funding issues. I was spending 5K per year of my own money to keep our local youth USAboxing program afloat. We had kids that were former gang members and kids that were being courted by local gangs. Of course, you can't get any of the local businesses to donate to programs like this. But, our local college football and basketball players get free cars from boosters and they are often active gang members!

So, now I ask, what have you done?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Well, I have turned in employers to ICE and I am politically active. Email campaigns, documenting places where illegals congregate, and I have coached youth boxing and wrestling for programs targeting 'at risk' kids.

I no longer coach the youth programs do to funding issues. I was spending 5K per year of my own money to keep our local youth USAboxing program afloat. We had kids that were former gang members and kids that were being courted by local gangs. Of course, you can't get any of the local businesses to donate to programs like this. But, our local college football and basketball players get free cars from boosters and they are often active gang members!

I always love to see those quotes, "I have turned in employers to ICE" long live GERMANY!!!! we need to get those working SOB's outta here. but but lets leave the rich buggers keep raping and pilaging the poor, you guys are still a bunch of sheep.

Illegal Immigration and the Crime/Cartels are different things, I believe too that criminals illegal or otherwise should not be allowed to enter, but hard working families trying to eek out a living are not in the same pool, and before you say that they need to enter legally you better know that the process for immigration to the US is SO MESSED up its not even a option unless you have a pair of lawyers and a couple years to wait, not to mention 3-5K for paperwork/ processing fees, typical of the bureaucracy in the US.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
No hes saying he turned in "Employers" who employ illegal immigrants to the Immigrations authorities.Not employees.
Employers who employ illegals are the ones that create the illegal immigrant problem in the first place.
Because they want to pay them 20 cents an hour so they can make more money for themselves and also exploit them.
If it wasn't for Employers giving jobs to illegal immigrants there wouldn't be the problem in the first place.
And its greed that creates it evil selfish greed.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by CaptainCaveMan]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

With regard to illegal immigration to the US? Not much, except to point out to those who favour summary execution of illegals (and they are here on this site) that there's a big difference between drug smugglers and economic refugees. Oh, and to ask those making a lot of noise about it what exactly they are doing to fix things.

So, in this world of Pajamahadeen and Keyboard Kommandos, when I call somebody on the issue and they respond with a list of community involvement, I say 'way ta go! Seriously.

Myself? I inform my elected and appointed officials of my opinion. I help out around town...these days mostly in heritage issues. Thanks for asking.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Flag'd & Star'd !

Yeah creeps in, at first, but now FLOODING!
I feel bad for anyone meeting such a savage death. It's horrible. These Mexican cartels are setting brutal examples of anybody who rips them off.

I found this article to add to your thread; it's filled with chilling stories of how the Mexican drug war has spilled over into the U.S., told by some members of law enforcement and what the bajadores (takedown) crews of kidnappers do when operating.
Crime: Mexico's Drug Violence Crosses the Border

And about the duenos (owners) of trafficked humans and the terrible treatment & conditions they suffer while being held for payment!

But the most scary, is how they wear Phoenix police tactical gear when committing home-invasion robberies!

A 'must read' for anyone interested in this topic!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'll tell you what were most afraid of here...
that these Mexican cartels will destabilize their government enough that we see a flood of refugees crossing the border, millions of them...

we only live two hours away and any mass exodus would take them right to our doorstep. you all do realize that with Obama in office he would welcome them with open arms. While we who live here chain bolt and nail down everything we own!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I'll tell you what were most afraid of here...that we see a flood of refugees crossing the border, millions of them...you all do realize that with Obama in office he would welcome them with open arms.

No, I didn't realise that! Could you please point out to an unsophisticated foreigner exactly where he says so? Cuz I'm sure it'd be us next. Well, 'cept for the snow and all.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
No, I didn't realise that! Could you please point out to an unsophisticated foreigner exactly where he says so? Cuz I'm sure it'd be us next. Well, 'cept for the snow and all.

This news story didnt go that far but there have been many others, and its already happening

Here's a quote from USA today

MEXICO CITY — In February, Salvador Urbina decided he was tired of the shootouts, the kidnappings and the military patrols in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juárez.
So he put his house up for sale, packed up his car, and moved his wife and children across the border to El Paso, joining a growing stream of professionals who are relocating to the USA to get away from Mexico's drug wars.

"I didn't want to leave," said Urbina, a lawyer. "But there's a very deep psychosis developing in Juárez. Criminals are taking advantage of the situation there. Every day I worried about the safety of my wife and family."

In U.S. cities along the border, middle-class Mexicans are buying homes or renting apartments and even moving their businesses across the border, say real estate agents, chambers of commerce and city officials. Many are getting investor visas for a long-term stay.

Dropping housing prices in the USA are part of the draw, said Mireya Durazo, a real estate agent in San Diego, across the border from Tijuana. But the main impetus is a wave of violence unleashed by Mexico's 18-month-old crackdown on drug cartels, she said

"First it was the dentists, then lawyers and doctors … now it's teachers, owners of little stores, people from the working class," Durazo said.

Drug gangs are increasingly bringing civilians into the fray as they battle soldiers and each other for control of drug smuggling corridors, known as "plazas."

In all, about 4,000 people have died in drug-related violence since President Felipe Calderón began deploying troops to attack the cartels in December 2006, according to a tally by the Reforma newspaper. Polls released recently by Reforma and El Universal newspaper show most Mexicans believe the government is losing the battle.

Link to full story

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Could you please point out to an unsophisticated foreigner exactly where he says so?

This news story didnt go that far but there have been many others, and its already happening

I guess it's this part...

you all do realize that with Obama in office he would welcome them with open arms.

...that I was curious apart. Pass along the citation for that, will ya?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

you all do realize that with Obama in office he would welcome them with open arms.

...that I was curious apart. Pass along the citation for that, will ya?

Following is a summary of the candidate's immigration position as listed on his web site.

Barack Obama will secure our borders:
Obama and Biden want to preserve the integrity of our borders. They support additional personnel, infrastructure, and technology on the border and at our ports of entry.

Improve our immigration system:
Obama and Biden believe we must fix the dysfunctional immigration bureaucracy and increase the number of legal immigrants to keep families together and meet the demand for jobs that employers cannot fill.

Bring people out of the shadows:
Obama and Biden support a system that requires undocumented immigrants who are in good standing to pay a fine, learn English, and go to the back of the line for the opportunity to become citizens.

Obama and Biden believe we need to do more to promote economic development in Mexico to decrease illegal immigration. which does include a fast track to citizenship with help from Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) to introduce the Citizenship Promotion Act to ensure that immigration application fees are both reasonable and fair.

Read it for yourself here

[edit on 18-3-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare Following is a summary of the candidate's immigration position as listed on his web site.

Barack Obama will secure our borders:
Obama and Biden want to preserve the integrity of our borders.

Improve our immigration system:
Obama and Biden believe we must fix the dysfunctional immigration bureaucracy

Bring people out of the shadows:
Obama and Biden support a system that requires undocumented immigrants who are in good standing to pay a fine, learn English, and go to the back of the line for the opportunity to become citizens.

Gee...those sound like pretty reasonable things to happen...they don't at all sound like:

Originally posted by DaddyBare these Mexican cartels will destabilize their government enough that we see a flood of refugees crossing the border, millions of them...

we only live two hours away and any mass exodus would take them right to our doorstep. you all do realize that with Obama in office he would welcome them with open arms. While we who live here chain bolt and nail down everything we own!

I'd go so far as to say that the latter comments qualify as alarmist, and bear no relation to the points that you quoted...the ones that seek to normalise immigration from Mexico, and put some controls on an otherwise unworkable system.

So I don't believe you when you say that Obama will welcome any mass exodus with open arms.

new topics

top topics

join