It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policeman saves girl from being kidnapped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Deputy praised for thwarting attempted kidnapping

POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS ) - A local mother has high praise for the sheriff's deputy who stopped the attempted kidnapping of her daughter.

www.kfvs12.com...

A girl was almost kidnapped but the kidnapper didn't realize that he was being watched by a police officer. This happened in my small town and I wanted to post it here because it deserves more attention. It shows that the police are good to have around. Not deserving of all the hate that is heaped upon them at times.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Glad to see some positive reviews for our boys in blue. Police are like any other group of people, there are some winners, and a whole lot of losers. I tend to think that 1 good cop makes up for 3 bad cops. Way to go!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Great to hear. I think most of the cops in this area are still pretty good. I am sure we have some bad ones but certainly fewer than other areas.

I hope the kidnapper or attempted kidnapper gets the treatment he deserves from his cell “mate”.

The guy disgusts me in more than one way. Not only was he trying to kidnap a girl but he was driving while intoxicated. $25,000 bond seems pretty low in my opinion, with a bondsman he can get out with almost no cost. Again I think most of the police around here are good, the judges on the other hand seem to be from another planet.

I know of a judge who let a DUI kid off with barely a slap on the wrist because he plays golf with his uncle. But others he has thrown the book at.

Raist

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Glad to read she's okay...
Just last month we had a local story of a 14 YO taken right from the middle school then she was repeatedly raped by two men.

somehow she managed to escape and called the cops...
but the real issue was why the school never called the parents to say the girl was missing???

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
What an encouraging story. It's refreshing to hear this kind of story for a change. Glad the girl is ok.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Oh wow I bet the mother is so happy, I cant imagine the What ifs in a case like this,

Well done to the officer involved and i hope this mother cherishes her daughter now that she has sadly had to realise what can happen,

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Wow that was close.

You just can't let your kids out anywhere anymore. It really sucks how when growing up now you have to be afraid of your own shadow practically. You couldn't pay me to have kids these days.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Great story I'm glad she was saved. But........

GOD DID NOT DO IT !!!!!!!!!!

IT was this man ( deputy ) who saved this girl. His actions lone. God did not send him. he is not an angel . He is Human like us. like you and me.

He was just doing his job and happened to be in a good place at the right time.

Everyone always wants to praise god .

It's not that I don't believe in a great creator / god it's that we fail to realize that we have the power to do stuff ourselves without intervention.

We blame and praise others for the actions we alone commited.

IT just baffles me how people automatically give god the credit. What about this police officer.

I'm honestly just glad it wasn't another story about a corrupt cop.

We need the balance of these things happening so people realize there are still good cops out there.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

The girl is very lucky that the police officer was in the right place at the right time. But let's not turn this into a thread about religous beliefs.

top topics

join