It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Stockpile List for new folks

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Hi Folks and folkettes, I have had 4 U2Us and 3 e mails lately asking what sort of stuff should people be caching and stockpiling. Theres no easy answer because we all have different tastes and requiements, But below is a list from which you can develop your own stockpile requirements

#Stockpile LIST (Consumables)
DAIRY
 Eggs dried
 Milk powdered
 Butter tinned
 Margarine
 Spreads
 Whipped Cream
 Yoghurt
 Cheese tinned
 Cream Cheese
 Parmesan Cheese
 Other Cheese


MEAT, FISH & POULTRY
Dried, tinned, preserved
 Bacon
 Sausage
 Deli Meat
 Hot Dogs
 Chicken
 Turkey
 Beef
 Pork
 Ham
 Fish
 Shellfish


FRUIT/dried/tinned
 Apples
 Bananas
 Berries
 Grapefruit
 Grapes
 Lemons
 Limes
 Melon
 Oranges
 Pears


BEVERAGES
 Instant Tea
 Coffee
 Tea Bags
 Fruit Juice
 Soft Drinks
 ___ Water Filter eliment
 Spirits
 Wine
 ___ Coffee Whitener


VEGETABLES tinned
 Broccoli
 Cabbage
 Carrots
 Cauliflower
 Celery
 Cucumbers
 Garlic
 Lettuce
 Mushrooms
 Onions
 Peppers
 Potatoes
 Radishes
 Spinach
 Tomatoes
 Peas

BREADS
 Bagels
 Bread
 Buns
 Muffins/scones
 Rolls
 Flour/yeast

DRY GOODS
 Cereal
 Oatmeal
 Biscuits
 Crackers
 Pasta/Noodles
 Beans/Lentils/Peas
 Rice
 Bread Crumbs
 Flour
 Sugar
 Cake Mix
 Pancake Mix
 Gelatine
 Potato Chips
 Tortilla Chips


MEDICAL

 Vitamins*
 ____ Dressings
 ____ Sterile Wipes
 ____ Steristrips
 Aspirin*
 ____ Paracetamol*
 ____ Ibuprofen*
 ____ Antihistamine*
 ____ Anti-inflammatory
 ____ Antiseptic cream
 ____ Antibiotic
 ____ Nasal sprays
* Plus Childs versions

CANNED GOODS
 Sausages + pasta
 ____ Macaroni Cheese
 Tip Top
 Fruit
 Custard
 Pasta Sauces
 Soups
 Spag Bog Sauce
 Stewed Tomatoes
 Potatoes
 Corned Beef
 Tuna /salmon
 Vegetables


FROZEN FOODS
 Apple Juice
 Orange Juice
 Ice Cream
 Potatoes
 Vegetables
 Frozen Dinners
 Frozen Pizza
 Frozen Waffles
 ____ TV Dinners


BAKING GOODS
 Baking Soda
 Baking Powder
 Corn Starch
 Salt
 Pepper
 Chocolate Chips
 Nuts
 Raisins
 Vanilla
 Dried Herbs
 Spices




CONDIMENTS
 Oil
 Vinegar
 Ketchup
 Mayonnaise
 Mustard
 Salad Dressing
 Shortening
 Soy Sauce
 Jelly/Jam










LAUNDRY
 Persil Non Bio
 Detergent
 Comfort Softener
 Stain Remover

 KITCHEN
 All Purpose Cleaner
 Fairy liquid
 Detox / Detol
 Flash liquid
 Domestos Bleach
 Glass Cleaner
 Nylon Scourers
 Star Drops

BATHROOM
 Bath Soap
 Deodorant
 Baby Lotion
 Razors
 Shaving Cream
 Shampoo
 Toothpaste
 Conditioner
 ___ Baby Wipes

MISCELLANEOUS
 Batts AA/C/D
 ___ Batts CR123A
 Candles
 Gas Bottles 7KG
 ___ Fuel/ wood
 ___ Parachute cord
 ___ Water Filter
 ___ Cigarette lighters
 ___ PortaLoo Chemicals

PAPER/PLASTIC PRODUCTS
 Facial Tissue
 Toilet Tissue
 ____ Fem Sanitary prod
 Napkins
 Paper Towels
 Aluminium Foil
 Plastic Wrap
 Lunch Bags
 Sandwich Bags
 Garbage Bags
 Zip loc bags




posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Dont forget that big fancy gas guzzling SUV to carry all of that in.


What people need the most is basic camping skills and hunting skills to survive a SHTF situation.

All that mess in your list will last you a few days, especially if your talking about taking care of a large family.

So I think you should put at the very top of that list..and list it as priority first..are hunting skills, weaving and building skills, recognize natural resources to make tools, shelter,clothing, how to find water even in a desert setting, find food etc etc.

Master those skills and you wont need a single thing from that list.



Cheers!!!!



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Dont forget that big fancy gas guzzling SUV to carry all of that in.


What people need the most is basic camping skills and hunting skills to survive a SHTF situation.

All that mess in your list will last you a few days, especially if your talking about taking care of a large family.

So I think you should put at the very top of that list..and list it as priority first..are hunting skills, weaving and building skills, recognize natural resources to make tools, shelter,clothing, how to find water even in a desert setting, find food etc etc.

Master those skills and you wont need a single thing from that list.

Cheers!!!!


The List is for your home / retreat, They will need basics bushcraft skills if they have to abandon their home or retreat, perhaps after a year or more and supplies begin to run out. You may not need those skills at all if you are only facing normal everyday diasters such as quake, storm, flood, act of terror, ice storm, bush fire, civil unrest, food shortages, oil shortages, power outs, race riots, reccession, hurricane, tornado etc. If for example a family lived up where you do in NW US of H the Sit X they could face could be as simple as an ice storm or being snowed in for 3 months, or being trapped for longer if Yellowstone started spouting like a republican congressman.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Northern Raider]



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns
 

if using those "skills" properly you might want to wash up after, and perhaps you get a cut, it would be nice to dress and clean it, and those clothes will be very stinky, be nice to wash and repair them, and i,m sure using your "skills" alday a nice hot meal would prepare you for another days use of "skills" if you read the OP n/raider was emailed and u2u ed.
a great list and i think i managed 3/4 of it have to comit to memory the rest i need to purchase S&F FOR N/RAIDER




posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hi Northern Raider. That's a good list you presented.

I have a problem with two things on the list.

What is Fairy Liquid and what are Star Drops?

I'm from the deep south and have never heard of either of these.

Have traveled extensively in the US and abroad and never ran across those two products.

Please enlighten.

Thanks



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Hi Northern Raider. That's a good list you presented.

I have a problem with two things on the list.

What is Fairy Liquid and what are Star Drops?

I'm from the deep south and have never heard of either of these.

Have traveled extensively in the US and abroad and never ran across those two products.

Please enlighten.

Thanks

Greetings and felicitations Dear Lady of the south, Tis my error as I adapted this list from an American brand name document to a British one.
Fairy Liquid is Washing Up liquid for crockery and pottery, IE the stuff to do the dishes with. Star drops is a similar foaming detergent used for general cleaning such as washing the bath out with.
Respects Ma'am
NR



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider
 


Thank you kind Sir.

I appreciate your answering my questions.




posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hiya mate, you might also want to include as much uht products in the list, fresh oj doesnt need to be frozen if its uht and has a mega shelf life like uht milk - just a though in case leci goes off


Cannot state how important vitamin C is during times of short supply - dont want any scurvy now do we.

[edit on 17/3/09 by cropmuncher]
Sorry didnt see vitamins on list


[edit on 17/3/09 by cropmuncher]



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I cannot emphasize how critical it is to stock up on dehydrated water.

It is in extremely short supply right now although there are a few cases to be had if you look hard enough.

Liquid water is heavy and hard to transport. With dehydrated water you can store literally thousands of gallons in a small area.

To use it you just add one gallon of fresh water to the dehydrated water and Voila! you have a gallon of fresh drinking water.

I can't believe more people aren't mentioning this.



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
Hiya mate, you might also want to include as much uht products in the list, fresh oj doesnt need to be frozen if its uht and has a mega shelf life like uht milk - just a though in case leci goes off


Cannot state how important vitamin C is during times of short supply - dont want any scurvy now do we.

[edit on 17/3/09 by cropmuncher]
Sorry didnt see vitamins on list


[edit on 17/3/09 by cropmuncher]


Damn good point, Stuff with long life like treated UHT milk and orange can make a great difference to the quality of your diet and its affect on your health.



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
I cannot emphasize how critical it is to stock up on dehydrated water.

It is in extremely short supply right now although there are a few cases to be had if you look hard enough.

Liquid water is heavy and hard to transport. With dehydrated water you can store literally thousands of gallons in a small area.

To use it you just add one gallon of fresh water to the dehydrated water and Voila! you have a gallon of fresh drinking water.

I can't believe more people aren't mentioning this.


Probably cos they are focusing on the campaign to get bioxygenatedhydrogen banned in public places



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1
 


lol i wonder how many people will look that up.

OMG there is actually a site selling it lol - www.buydehydratedwater.com...

looked up out of curiosity & not gullability


[edit on 17/3/09 by cropmuncher]



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher
 


Hahah!!

That is awesome!

...this is a third line...



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider
 


I don't want to be the one who looks at the fresh paint and says, "You missed a bit"...

Anti-diarrhoea tablets.

Potentially a life saver.



posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Impressive list Raider,but a few things to add that are cheep..

Rinsless hand sanitizer..works well and burn's white hot..can be used as a feul for stove in a pinch

suture kit..May sting a bit without lidocain..but a drop or two of Ambasol can help..

duct tape..May have been an oversight..You know the uses of it..


Plastic utensils..Every time I go to a Wawa,or other conveinent store there sitting on the counter along with salt and pepper packs beggin me to take them for free..so I do..

Hot sauce...Makes even the crappiest food stomachable

1-2 rolls of heavy mill plastic sheeting..Can be used to seal openings, roof leaks,carry large amounts of water..

^^Also can be used to set up a "clean" room to dress undress in an event of venturing out side after a NBC attach.Not 100% ,but it beets just letting any contaniments roam where they chose in your shelter,home.

1-2 large burlap bags...to use with plastic sheeting to carry water

Can openers..from simple to crank style..Just make sure you have more than one..

some type of alcohol stove..Just incase you need to use it indoors..CO2 will still be released so use sparingly,with ventilation of sorts..

Fire extinguishers..I have a few haylons I aquired,but there big money..Any ABC will do..

Nails,screws hammers, and a couple sheets of ply wood..To board up windows,doors for whatever reason..

Mouse traps..In times of strife,they will start running rampet.Can also be used as a trigger for boobie traps.

A few empty buckets..If you save all the plastic bags you get from shopping you can use it as a commode if electricity is out..I have one with what must be hundreds of walmart bags in it along with free napkins From where ever..Remember it wont flush if the juice is out..

thats all for now..I hope you dont take offence from me adding these..It would be nice if there was a centralized post with all things needed..



posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Great list, a few things I 've missed that I have to go shopping for.

Just to add.....

Torches
Solar cells (to run radios, charge batteries during sunlight)
Glow Sticks



posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Some good sensible additions there folks, Please remember this is a CONSUMABLES Group List, Not a TOOL GROUP LIST which is a seperate list entirely.

I'll start a tool list of now as a new thread.
NR



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join