It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Alone In Hating Facebook?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Kids need to stay intouch with their friends because they are pretty much unsure of their identity and need reassurance of their personal worth.
Same goes for many adults, ala the popularity of facebook type sites.

But.......

For those of us struggling to make a living in this bad economy; facebook is a great way of networking with others in the field. For me it's the entertainment industry; alot of competition and any edge is welcome.
Facebook has got me a lot of auditions and roles/jobs and that means $$$.

Anyplace on the www. is what you make of it.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I have both facebook and myspace. I don't particularly care for facebook. I prefer myspace much better. Facebook is too complicated. And people send you cheesy requests that lead you to junk sites.

The only reason i have facebook is so i can keep in touch with one friend I can't get on myspace.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I caught up with some friends I had lost contact with over a decade ago on Facebook.

To me, that makes joining worth it.

You don't have to post huge amounts of information about yourself on it. You know this right?

I find it a good way of keeping in touch with people that don't live in my local area.

If you are privacy concious, stay away from it. Even if you join though, you don't have to share anything you don't want to.

I warn everyone I know that joins (hell, my 82 year old Grandmother is on it now... and she has more 'friends' than me
) not to put too much stuff up, because even if you remove it again, it is still archived.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Why do you think other people care?
If you don't like it don't use it, you sitting here bitching about it is just as bad as people who sit around using it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join