It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Legion Strongly Opposes President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for Treatment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Don't you understand that by forcing insurance companies to reimburse the VA, that all our health care premiums will be raised to such a level that it will force the system to fail and that will in turn force us to accept socialized medicine?

I think that's what he's hoping for. What if Obama doesn't pass a health care plan? Or it doesn't cover the things VA does?

And you are absolutely right; no insco is going to accept additional coverage without additional premiums to cover the risk.

jw

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
reply to post by Zaphod58

In thelink I posted above it clearly says that the VA recieved over $2 billion from private insurance companies last year. So you are wrong. I don't think any vet takes it as an insult. They just care that they get the care they need. And under the old or proposed rules that will not change and it will not mean a penny out of any soldiers wallet.

That was reimbursment for diseases and injuries not incurred by battle! To expect insurance companies to then reimburse the VA for battle injuries is ludicrous. This will definately hurt Vets by forcing the premiums up for the simple reason they become higher risks to their bottom line! I am not wrong on this. My whole family has worked and still do work for the insurance companies in Hartford for 60 years. My niece is an actuary! YOU ARE WRONG!

Zindo

[edit on 3/17/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Here is why we don't want socialized medicine....
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I don't want socialized health care and neither does Obama. Obama wants a system that will stop the very thing you are pointing towards. Meaning that medical care givers who don't make the grade, will not be getting the bucks.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

You're right about not making the grade, however, the waiting period for non-life threatening care will be years. That's if they approve your claim. The government can't run social security, medicare, or medicaid. So how will they take care of 300 million peoples' health care. There is not enough bureaucracy to handle it, and if there was, you think medicare and medicaid scams are bad now? We need less government and more responsible people to take care of their own families instead of letting the government do it.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Exactly! The Guardian (UK) ran this a day or so ago. It's true elsewhere, too.

"Socialized" medicine is rationed care; no more and much less, at times.
Libs don't want to see that it just does not work.

Maybe the libs/dems/progressives should make an appointment with Michael Moore next time they need Rx or an M.D.

jw

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

When word of this gets to Afghanistan, Iraq, the Mexican border, how many soldiers do you think will be willing to continue risking their lives, much less their pocketbooks?

And, this is to raise a "measly" $540 million? Give me a ******* break!

If it wasn't happening, I wouldn't believe it was possible.

Deny Ignorance.

jw

The United States Military did a wonderful job removing three Husseins from power in Iraq. It is now time for them to come home and remove our Hussein from power!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Originally posted by jdub297

When word of this gets to Afghanistan, Iraq, the Mexican border, how many soldiers do you think will be willing to continue risking their lives, much less their pocketbooks?

And, this is to raise a "measly" $540 million? Give me a ******* break!

If it wasn't happening, I wouldn't believe it was possible.

Deny Ignorance.

jw

The United States Military did a wonderful job removing three Husseins from power in Iraq. It is now time for them to come home and remove our Hussein from power!

haha good stuff. must be the name

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Good point. Maybe that's why they're only coming back a few at a time. They will turn once they find out.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
What a better thing to do than pull the rug out from under the feet of the soldier's lives and welfare you sacrifice for a buck.

Not happy at all.

I'm going to have to agree with other posters, Obama can keep his change.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I am not sure...but I like the sound of it. What is at the heart of this outrageous idea? As a previous poster asked...what is next, making our soldiers pay for thier own food and uniforms?

I think the President of The United States should have to pay for his medical out of his own healthcare also...oh wait...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

The vets will speak out - they are not afraid. Commander Rehbein seems to imply more than that, though.

Civilians and vets are trying to make themselves heard now and will continue to do so. Haven't gotten any MSM support, but "Boston Tea Party" style demonstrations are happening everywhere and more are coming together.

See this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

deny ignorance

jw

[edit on 18-3-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This does not shock me one bit, Hopfully such a disgrace never passes! Here is to hoping that some Ex-Marine Sniper Does the country a service with his skills!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

Commander Rehbein says he warned Obama of "unimagined" consequences if this thing happens. Word should have reached Iraq and Afghanistan by now. Korean units heard about it yesterday.

I expect soldiers' responses to the American Legion to be coming in already.

jw

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What a POS he is...a disgrace. Absolute disgrace. I wonder how much he pays for healtcare? For gas? For clothes? for ANYTHING? Yeah you guessed it...NOTHING...and he recieves 10x better healthcare then soldiers.

How could anyone have voted for this terd??????

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Even worse, when you think about it is the fact that people are giving HIM money to do this!

Insurance giant AIG gave him $100k last year.

People are getting "fed" up with the feds.

jw

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
well apperently Osama bin Laden oh wait im confused obama decided to not piss off the men who fly him around in air force one and Marine one he is backing off his plan to charge vets, however there is outrage still at the idea he was planning this!

www.msnbc.msn.com... you can find the report here

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

1. I don't believe NBC/MSNBC any more than I believe Obama. Funny, they report his "retraction," but said absolutely nothing about his "plan" in the first place. Fit's right in with their agenda to show BHO as our hero and man of reason.

2. It makes you wonder how many other such "plans" this administration has in store to float for reaction.

jw

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

As a Navy veteran with a service-connected disability, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who have expressed your support of veterans. It is much appreciated.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike
Thank you. You're the hope we do this for you as well as our concern for our survival. Bless you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join