It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Legion Strongly Opposes President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for Treatment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

American Legion Strongly Opposes President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for Treatment

new s.yahoo.com

Theveterans organization is "deeply disappointed and concerned" after meeting with President Obama to discuss a proposal to force soldiers’ insurance to pay for service-connected injuries. Obama recently revealed a plan to require carriers to reimburse the V. A. in such cases.

"It became apparent … the President intends to move forward with this plan …to generate $540 million," said Commander David Rehbein of The American Legion.

“He refused to hear about the moral obligations.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The Commander was clearly angered after the meeting.

The plan would be inconsistent with our obligation to care for soldiers who’ve gone to battle for the United States.

The American people, like the Legion, should not support any plan that seeks to bill a veteran for treatment of a service-connected disability at the V. A., poor as it sometimes is, the very agency that created to treat the unique needs of America's veterans.

Commander Rehbein was among a group of senior officials from veterans service organizations joining the President, White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emmanuel, Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki and Steven Kosiak, the overseer of defense spending at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).

The group's letter of protest presented to the President earlier this month prompted the White House meeting. The letter, co-signed by Commander Rehbein and the heads of ten colleague organizations, read, in part, " There is simply no logical explanation for billing a veteran's personal insurance for care that the VA has a responsibility to provide. While we understand the fiscal difficulties this country faces right now, placing the burden of those fiscal problems on the men and women who have already sacrificed a great deal for this country is unconscionable."

What's next? Will soldiers have to provide their own arms and food? Serve without pay?

Where are we all headed?

Look what you've done to my Country.

new s.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Not surprised to see no replies to this yet.

Come on ATS.

Where are you now?

Can't give 5 million stars and 1555 flags to this one because this doesn't fit in with your "the military is evil" mindset?

Can we really let this happen?

Yeah.

The great change of the nation.

Obama.

God I hope the Zombies show up soon.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
Come on ATS...
it doesn't fit in with your "the military is evil" mindset?

This made me so angry I was sick.

Response is what you'd expect from a bunch of youtube-educated kids, though.

Deny Ignorance.

jw

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I agree with the vets, that is disgusting.

Supporting our troops... not by the Bush administration and certainly not by Obama. Disgusting.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

No, something's got to be done, even if it's only symbolic:

"Fed Up Americans Mobilize - Over 150 Tea Parties Planned"
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Originally posted by mf-luder
Yeah.

Obama.

They are already here; they voted "Democrat" in November, 2008.
It's probably too late unless enough people who care take action and make themselves heard.

Thanks for the sentiment.

Deny Ignorance.

jw

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

"I only hope the administration will really listen to us then. This matter has far more serious ramifications than the President is imagining," concluded the Commander.

What do you think he means by this?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

When word of this gets to Afghanistan, Iraq, the Mexican border, how many soldiers do you think will be willing to continue risking their lives, much less their pocketbooks?

And, this is to raise a "measly" $540 million? Give me a ******* break!

If it wasn't happening, I wouldn't believe it was possible.

Deny Ignorance.

jw

[edit on 17-3-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Can't give 5 million stars and 1555 flags to this one because this doesn't fit in with your "the military is evil" mindset?

It will only matter to them when they come after them, and they will.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

When word of this gets to Afghanistan, Iraq, the Mexican border, how many soldiers do you think will be willing to continue risking their lives, much less their pocketbooks?

If it wasn't happening, I wouldn't believe it was possible.

Deny Ignorance.

jw

That's the whole plan discouragement and demorilization, I now truly believe he wants to take down America.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

"I only hope the administration will really listen to us then. This matter has far more serious ramifications than the President is imagining," concluded the Commander.

What do you think he means by this?

Would you be willing to stand up and take a bullet, drive near IEDs, or face down a Mexican drug lord if you knew your government had left you out in the cold?

Would you re-enlist?

Would you get on the next plane, boat or truck to the battlefield?

Send your ship to the South China Sea to face the Chinese Navy when it challenges your Navy?

Face down pirates off the coast of Somalia?

Intercept drug boats and submarines in the Gulf of Mexico and Pacific?

Deny Ignorance!

Speak out!
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

jw

[edit on 17-3-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Supporting our troops... not by the Bush administration and certainly not by Obama. Disgusting.

well your wrong and here it is

www.cnn.com...

and here is what the republicans were trying to do in 2005...you know with NO DEMOCRATIC CONTROL OF THE CONGRESS OR WHITEHOUSE!!!!

www.politicalaffairs.net...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by jdub297

Not surprised to see no replies to this yet.

Come on ATS.

Where are you now?

Yeah.

Obama.

well here's an article about how much the republicans cared about veterans in 2005

www.politicalaffairs.net...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

That's the whole plan discouragement and demorilization, I now truly believe he wants to take down America.

How long do you think it will take the rest of ATS or America to get the picture?

How many even care to say or do something?

I don't know how people can sleep well, unless they've been "asleep" all along!

Deny Ignorance!

jw

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Funding for veterans benefits has accelerated in the Bush administration, as seen in the following table.

www.factcheck.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

How long do you think it will take the rest of ATS or America to get the picture?

Deny Ignorance!

jw

why don't you go and look to my 2 above posts, AND YOU'LL GET THE BIG PICTURE!! REPUBLICANS didn't want to fund the veterans admin....and BLOCKED DEMOCRATS FROM TRYING TO!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This makes me so angry that I can barely type. What's going to happen if the soldier doesn't have personal insurance, and is relying on the VA for treatment? Are they going to bill him and force him to reimburse them? Whats going to happen if the insurance company decides that they don't want to pay for the treatment? Are we going to have HMOs for soldiers and let THEM decide what their treatment plan will be?

This is the most disgusting thing I've seen a sitting president try towards our veterans ever.

[edit on 3/17/2009 by Zaphod58]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Deny Ignorance!

jw

I don't know what's wrong, Americans seem to be lost and mired in confusion, years of anti-American propaganda works I guess.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
This makes me so angry that I can barely type. What's going to happen if the soldier doesn't have personal insurance, and is relying on the VA for treatment? Are they going to bill him and force him to reimburse them?

This is the most disgusting thing I've seen a sitting president try towards our veterans ever.

Now what?

What can we do ?

Let's see maybe the vets will rise up.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

My response did?

Whoa, slow down there hoss.

I'm IN THE MILITARY!!!!

I'm sick of seeing the responses some of those "youtube educated kids" on here. That's why I said what I did.

I think those people who are getting screwed by Barack Hussein need to go march on Washington. THAT makes me angry.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by mf_luder]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join