It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre 9/11 Ins. assessment says 600m in damage from lg. jet impact.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Aircraft Striking a Tower

This scenario is with in the realm of the possible, but highly unlikely.

In 1946 a military aircraft struck the Empire State Building. Since that time the manner in which aircraft are "controlled" has dramatically changed. In the event such an unlikely occurrence, what might result? The structural designers of the towers have publicly stated that in their opinion that either of the Towers could with stand such an impact from a large modern passenger aircraft.

The ensuing fire would damage the "skin", in this scenario, as the spilled fuel would fall to the Plaza level where it would have to be extinguished by the NYC Fire Department. The replacement of the "skin" is estimated at 35% of the building replacement value or $420m. Loss of rents for 1 year or $150m for a total estimate of < $600m

www.actuaries.org.uk...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I thought this report was a very interesting read it covers many different types of damage scenarios and the costs of them. It talks about a 100 percent fire damage occurring at floor 90 and covering 25 floors (with flood damage from fire fighting) no sprinklers (in scenario) and what they think it would cost and the damage that would occur.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
It's a bit like driving a tank around and the insurance company only covering you for moderate damages. After all, it's difficult to imagine a scenario where you could write it off!
Also one would think the insurance companies would let you insure for as much as "reasonably" possible so they can collect higher premiums.
I guess even they couldn't imagine total destruction of such a structure.
That really says something!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
People reading this thread might be interested in a two page thread called "9/11 a Question of Insurance". In the course of the thread I learned a lot that I hadn't been aware of regarding 9/11 insurance issues.

Originally posted by ipsedixit
You could say that the "bottom line" in this situation has grabbed the insurance companies by the family jewels and forced their hearts and minds to cooperate with the government's official story. The only financially smart course of action for them to take is to go with the flow, foster the official story and try to sell a lot of terrorism insurance to recoup their $32 billion loss. This is a serious thing because self interest (of management and stockholders both) in effect takes a major financial services industry out of a stance of social responsibility and makes them coconspirators with a group of outrageous felons.

Here's the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join