It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you guys really think Madoff will go to jail?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I was watching the news these past days and yes,Madoff is now in custody and all but does anyone here really expect him to serve any real time? I don't yeah he swindled a few thousand people,the fact of the matter is they are not about to let him be sent to a federal prison . I believe we will see him in under house arrest or at worse in some federal minimum security prison.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Of course he will go to jail. Probably to a minimum security prison, like alot of people who commit fraud. As much attention this has gathered only an idiot judge will sentance him to home arrest.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
go?
isnt he in jail now awaiting sentencing?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I have the same feeling. This guy will never be punished to the level he deserves. I wouldn't be surprised if he "has a heart attack" like the Enron exec did.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

As much attention the case has gotten and the fact the judge revoked his bail and sent him to prison until he is sentenced HELL YEA he's going to serve time in prison. granted it will be a minimum security prison

The reason the Judge revoked his bail is because now that he has been convicted of his crimes he's a flight risk! and IF they let him go there would be an angry mob at the court house steps demanding the head of the judge!

And its not like the judge has a whole lot of leeway in his sentencing since the feds use guide lines to hand down sentences. With Madoff's age any sentence he receives will more than like be a life sentence. he's facing a max of 150 years on what all 11 counts of his conviction. the least he will serve is probably around 50 years.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Nah i don't think they'll use the heart attack excuse this time. this time it will probably be another prisoner shanked him to get revenge for stealing money form a family member.

Or a guard pushed him down the stairs for the same reason.

[edit on 3/17/2009 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Well he's in jail now and though I truly despise this SOB there's not much else you can do to a man in a civilized world.

As somebody who's been locked up for more than a few hours - I can tell you for someone like Madoff the first few days or even months will be excruciatingly painful. The man always had the best of the best. He lived in comfort and quiet - in jail and prison no matter how cushy you think it is the fact is it's always noisy, it's either really hot or really cold and everything is hard and uncomfortable.

The food is the same everyday - remember your school lunch's ? Imagine the worst ones made with sour, stale, rancid out of date ingredients hours ahead of time often with insects crawling though it and served luke warm if you're lucky. Every meal every day and you can't go home and get something better later.

You want to cause trouble or just defend yourself - they'll lock you up in total darkness or with a 1500 Watt spotlight above your head 24 hours a day until your eyes feel like their bleeding and you have to sleep with your arms over your eyes to take away the sting and they feed you the same food blended all together and cut into from a loaf.

For a guy like Madoff every day will be torture. It doesn't matter how cushy everyone thinks his jail or prison is the fact is he has lost virtually all privacy. He can't take a crap or shower with the expectation of privacy. They can and will come in and rouse you out of a deep sleep any time they feel like shaking you down - to look for supposed contraband - which could be something as simple as a piece of bread you were saving for later or one too many pictures or letters in your possession.

I could go on and on, but for those of you who think Madoff will have it cushy think again - he will have a heart attack because everyday will be torture. So, be happy they put the bastard in jail - lets hope he stays awhile.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
No video of him in lock up , so that must mean most of you trust the media.

In which case, what is basis of trusting the media after years of lies?

new topics

top topics

join