It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Admit it, U know who U are, You've once daydreamed about being John Conner leading The Resistance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I'm not speaking to everybody on ATS, but I know for a fact there is some one out there reading this thread who has day dreamed several times about being a leader of the resistance... just like John Conner, I know I have.

Speak up, come out of the shadows and admit the truth. How could you not want to be a true leader like John Conner?

You want to lead the revolution / resistance / revolt, or atleast you've fantasized about it. Well, the common theme in a lot of sci-fi movies is that machines take over humans, and the humans have to fight back. We all know that humanity needs technology to survive, but part of that technology wants to kill humanity.

Well it is my understanding that this is the case with the elite / government. Population Reduction is on top of the agenda. Now, make no mistake... we need the government to survive, but elements within the government are out to bring humanity to it's knees.

You will get your chance to be John Conner... If you survive the first wave of attacks.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I think its probably just some messed up thing according to a psychologist but I have always felt like I would end up in a very bad time that many people don't make it through and I do. I also feel like the ones who are left will learn more about themselves and what they can do then they had their whole lives.

I thought everyone had these thoughts and it just kinda vibrated true to them but my wife tells me not so much lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
but my wife tells me not so much lol.

LOL.

Anyway... I think ATS needs a leader. Someone with some good ideas on how we can unite and make a difference... as a team.

Sadly I don't see any potential here.

So if we stay the course we are ALL DEAD!!! WE'RE ALL DEAD!!!

Where is the John Conner of ATS?

We are in desperate need of a game plan... and nobody has one. I do, but nobody's listening.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
"Looks like we have Skynet by the balls"

2nd line

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029we need the government to survive, but elements within the government are out to bring humanity to it's knees.

You will get your chance to be John Conner... If you survive the first wave of attacks.

We actually don't need the government to survive. Having no internet, cars and electricity won't kill you

Seriously we might actually need the government to survive the problems... ...Problems that the huge, complex, and 'organized' society ruled by a government created in the first place.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
John Connor always seemed like a whiney little brat to me,
but I would definitely take the job! Wait, can I be a T-2000 instead?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Yeah John Conner is a bad mofo.

But just remember how he survived the first wave...

Safely tucked away, deep underground

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I always could silently relate to Sarah. Even before the movie I've always felt I'd be witness to something (I always saw surprise! Nuclear). I never saw myself as a leader but someone who would be witnessing the aftermath. So, that was a little freaky for me when the movie came out.

Then again, my mom could have set me in front of the tv too often during the cold war. That and my unending desire to be special ::nervous laughter::

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Well it is true I dream of the day of liberating mankind from the clutches of deceiving technology.

Maybe one day there will a statue of me in the middle of the city with a flag wrapped around me with a giant gun in one hand and clutching a destroyed robot limb in my other hand. Maybe with a little plaque that reads "May earth be liberated and never again enslaved by MACHINE!!."

It would be cool. haha.. Ok so I need to lead the resistance so I can become a statue.

Truth is i'm only responding to this because its a terminator thread, haha.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Ha! I didn't even know who John Connor was! I had to google it!

Is that a metaphor for me being 'unawake and unaware' or does it mean I'm not keen on a lot of big Hollywood films? Perhaps the 'real' John Connor amongst us knows?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

It just means that you probably don't live in America.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I'll lead the English to freedom, or death! We will gladly die horrible brutal bloody torturous deaths, at the hands of sick twisted goverment henchmen. We will fight them, on the beaches..... Who's with me...Comrades?

*turns round to see that everyone's #'ed off home*

Oh well, back to skipping down the street putting daisies in their guns then.

(but I have totally fantasised about leading the revolution)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Doesn't every bloke still dream of being some type of superhero.I think its part of our hunter-gatherer-protector psyche.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

People need to remember one of the first quotes that is put in front of you at school "Every action has an opposite and equal reaction"

The people you speak of are masters of this and believe me they have a reaction for your actions because you are reacting to their actions.

Keep digging and using your brain because when you stumble on whats really going on it will hurt but you will also see that this "thing" will take itself out in the end. All you need to worry about is that you survive, that is if you want to live throught it. I often wonder how a human being could be this bad but it makes sense to me now regardless of what or who it is that is pulling the strings.

"The bigger man walks away"
This tactic would expose them and allow you to see weakness remember that if you choose a particular path that I am not going to say here.

Heres an interesting quote I just made up

"To give a government an inch, is to trade the future for a rosy past"

Cheers

[edit on 17-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I do not think that anyone, whom would be true to a cause, would ever want the job.

I think if said person was not afraid, they would only be a fool.

One must have some fear inside, the fear to fail, the fear to lead your fellow man into doom, and the fear to watch mankind fall to the feet of a few and be lead into slavery.

I think, if there is such a person, it will not make sence to the majority as to what is to be done.

But just as the Revolution over 200 years ago that set us free, it is not about one man, but a select few that can lead some, that will get the job done.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
I do not think that anyone, whom would be true to a cause, would ever want the job.

I think if said person was not afraid, they would only be a fool.

One must have some fear inside, the fear to fail, the fear to lead your fellow man into doom, and the fear to watch mankind fall to the feet of a few and be lead into slavery.

I think, if there is such a person, it will not make sence to the majority as to what is to be done.

But just as the Revolution over 200 years ago that set us free, it is not about one man, but a select few that can lead some, that will get the job done.

I want to say something here that might offend you but I mean no offence whatsover so please take none.

The Revolution that took place 200 years ago lead America to this place here. It failed....sadly.

People have fought and died in many wars. This still continues to this day and these people hold the constitution to their hearts and die for peoples freedom.
All over the world people wear their national pride on their hearts and defend their counties. Wars are as old as civilisations themselves. Look at history. People die and in the end it is sadly in vain because eventually things go back to the same way they were and a little worse. Then they fight because they want to make a difference.

It is a pattern that anyone can study but few do and that is why it is controlled and that is why it will come again.

People really need to wonder upon that.

Ask yourself this, why are people taught about the constitution yet it is not enforced and is continually ignored repeatedly by government??

See my point yet?

It is bait.

Lets say there is an american revolution or worldwide revolution that topples the whole lot of the elites etc. The constitution will be reinstated in america and national pride will be strengthened. People will celebrate.
Fast forward a little to the future and...........

These guys know what they are doing and they are baiting everyone into a corner then showing you the door.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

While I can see what you are wanting. ATS is a quagmire for anyone whom is looking for like minded people to move forward.

It is the place,
it is not the place.

There are most likely 75 to 100 souls here that would, given the freedom to do so, be able to merge on a plan, and exicute it in the open of our govt., our people, and our future.

Give me one person, and I'll show you a thousand, show me a thousand, and we will assemble a million.

But again, ATS is not the place.

If somehow, they could provide a way, without washing away the ground they have to stand on, it would be a powerful force.

This, afterall, is one of the few places on the Internet where the right brain does speak with the left amongst many individuals.

But again, Skeptic Overlord would have to figure out how to allow a path, without giving into breaking policy that keeps them safe.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I did have to ask Doomsday.

Do you own a Peugot??

I think everyone has these thoughts at some point.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
John Conner? No. John Galt? Yes. We all need to become John Galt.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a real version of Directive 10-289 appear.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Actually, I'm raising him right now. He's 7, un-vaccinated and going to private school for a better education (I cannot afford this, but I'm doing it anyway).

I have known it since I was pregnant with him.

I am not a fan of the Terminator films. Just a believer in Destiny.

Seriously.

Edit to add: We started weapons training this year.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by ThatDGgirl]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join