It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Iowa Senator Says AIG Executives Should 'Resign or Commit Suicide'

page: 2
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I regard this is as fraud, pure and simple - jail them

They have taken money that was given for financial recovery, and used it to pad bonuses for their friends.

People have committed suicide over this financial disaster and it's about time that some of these bastards paid for their crimes.




posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
that's a bit harsh really. the AIG people should be ashamed, and so should he.



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
one could suggest the same for most Senators and Reps.
2L



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 


Politicians and bankers, are a disgrace. But how about us? Have we allowed this to happen? I can't believe how much corruption, greed, and war has taken place in the last ten years. Very few people have stood up against it. We just accepedt it as the way things are. Myself included. This is the end result. It is a crying shame. I think the statement about suicide was meant to be taken as a reference to being accountable and honorable, rather than a literal statement.

Peace
Trustnobody




[edit on 17-3-2009 by trustnobody]



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Here is his website

I'm shocked by the comment. It's completely inappropriate.
Resign? Yes.
Pay back the people that were screwed? Yes.
Prosecute them if appropriate? Yes.
Call for them to commit suicide? NO!
What the hell is wrong with that guy? jeeeze.


He's a Republican. All of us Republicans/Conservatives are a bunch of people haters and racists, remember? According to the media and Obama's administration we're a bunch of neo-nazi's who want to restoke the fires of the holocaust. Comments like this should come as no surprise when they come from any conservative or Republican in office, especially since we all know that the Democrats/liberals hands are absolutely clean.



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I will hand them the sword.



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Here is his website

I'm shocked by the comment. It's completely inappropriate.
Resign? Yes.
Pay back the people that were screwed? Yes.
Prosecute them if appropriate? Yes.
Call for them to commit suicide? NO!
What the hell is wrong with that guy? jeeeze.


Ahh he was just expressing the frustration and anger of what happens when the Conservative roots are rotted out by Socialist and this hybrid Fascist government throws our country to the dogs.

I would like to see the entire government resign, and everyone serving now be bared from future elections... but that's my dream world in fairy tale land.



posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
That's an unnecessary comment, especially considering how the government is stealing our money and handing it out through earmarks and pork projects.

Most of the elected officials in Washington are just as guilty (if not more) than anyone at AIG.


YES! But we have to start somewhere. Wiping out all the money changers AND then congress ... Assuming we can get Kool Aid Man to pour himself out for the good of the country... It would leave a tremendous void if it happened all at once. Hmmm...


God created time so that everything doesn't happen all at once.
God created space so that it doesn't all happen in the same place.



posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
His remarks are completely uncalled for.

If he and others had been doing their damned jobs in the first place, this wouldn't have happened.
I'm beginning to think that they are realizing this problem isn't going to get any better and they are looking for a scapegoat.
Someone to project the blame on other than themselves.

This Senator is trying to start a witch-hunt. By his reckoning, it is better that hunt is focused on the patsies that the Government used for this mess rather than the true culprits. Those being the people who were criminally derelict in their duty to the American Taxpayer. He needs look no farther than his bathroom mirror.

Disgusting display.



posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

Iowa Senator Says AIG Executives Should 'Resign or Commit Suicide'


www.foxnews.com

Iowa Senator Says AIG Executives Should 'Resign or Commit Suicide'
Grassley says AIG executives should follow "the Japanese example" by publicly apologizing and "do one of two things: resign or commit suicide."

AP

Monday, March 16, 2009

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Iowa Sen. Charles Grassley suggested on Monday that AIG executives should take a Japanese approach toward accepting responsibility for the collapse of the insurance giant by resigning or killing themselves.
(visit the link for the full news article)



I actually saw him say this on my local news station.
Can't say I disagree.
The execs KNEW the money they were accepting was for an inferior job and KNEW the money came from US, the taxpayer.
The execs KNEW it was blood money and they should have had the honor to all get together and refuse to accept it on principal instead of being forced to return it. They're adults and they were FORCED to do the right thing.



posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123
 


That isn't the point. The point is that those people were forced to do the right thing, as you said, BY the people that ALLOWED them to do the wrong thing in the first place. (The good Senator here and others like him)...

The real problem here, at least in my eyes, is that these Senators and Congressmen allowed this wrongdoing to happen in complete contrary to the wishes of their employers. (US)...

If anyone needs to fall on a sword it is this Senator and the rest of his scumbag friends in Washington.

"I didn't have time to read it." Doesn't cut the mustard. They are paid to read these things. Coincidentally enough they are paid according to their own desires.
Sure, they just vote themselves a pay raise and then bitch and moan when they steal our money, hand it to others who essentially do the same thing THEY JUST DID by using that money to pay themselves.

This is an example of the pot calling the kettle black if I've ever seen one.

This dude is a poor excuse for a human.


[edit on 24-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]



posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
FORGET ABOUT AIG!!!

The Federal Reserve is the main culprit here! They just want to take attention away from the FED! Wake up people! AIG is just one of the players in the game, THE FED controls it all!



posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by jfj123
 


That isn't the point. The point is that those people were forced to do the right thing, as you said, BY the people that ALLOWED them to do the wrong thing in the first place. (The good Senator here and others like him)...

The real problem here, at least in my eyes, is that these Senators and Congressmen allowed this wrongdoing to happen in complete contrary to the wishes of their employers. (US)...

If anyone needs to fall on a sword it is this Senator and the rest of his scumbag friends in Washington.

"I didn't have time to read it." Doesn't cut the mustard. They are paid to read these things. Coincidentally enough they are paid according to their own desires.
Sure, they just vote themselves a pay raise and then bitch and moan when they steal our money, hand it to others who essentially do the same thing THEY JUST DID by using that money to pay themselves.

This is an example of the pot calling the kettle black if I've ever seen one.

This dude is a poor excuse for a human.


[edit on 24-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]


Oh I agree.
Those that enabled the "crime" and those that committed the "crime" are both guilty and should be punished. The first thought that comes to mind is being fired from their jobs



posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123
 


I just think that if one of those enablers has the gaul to call for his stooges to fall on their swords, he should lead by example.

"Never ask someone to do something you wouldn't be willing to do yourself" and all that jazz.

This dude is a piece of scum.



posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
He's just feeding the distraction fire. You're wasting your time with AIG Execs, go after the politician that got money from the company and allowed AIG to get away with what they were doing.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join